Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    cfc1992 is right, Cech been brilliant, imo Hilario and Turnbull couldn't fill in for Cech if he is benched. We would most likely be conceding more with Turnbull in goal, as he did when he played his first game. Not saying their bad keepers just not as good as Cech.
    Do the majority of Chelsea fans think Cech has been brilliant this season and is a 'top class' keeper?

I'm not saying bench him forever, but give Hilario a chance for a few games. Cech could lose you the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Do the majority of Chelsea fans think Cech has been brilliant this season and is a 'top class' keeper?

I'm not saying bench him forever, but give Hilario a chance for a few games. Cech could lose you the title.
    I think the majority are happy with him being our goalkeeper for the forseeable future.

No. No. No. Cech's a much better goalkeeper than Hilario, as proved this season. Cech is very much in the spine of this current Chelsea team, and taking him out will have similar effects to taking out JT/Lamps/Drogba.

ReputationRep:
    Even Benitez doesn't rotate his goalkeeper so you know not to mess with it. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)

Cech has been brilliant at times this season. Just not all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Cech has been brilliant at times this season. Just not all the time.
    "Just not all the time" - that's got to go down as the understatement of the year, if not the decade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    "Just not all the time" - that's got to go down as the understatement of the year, if not the decade.
    Not really. He's had 2-3 matches this season he could have performed better in. Doesn't everyone though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Not really. He's had 2-3 matches this season he could have performed better in. Doesn't everyone though?
    and the rest.

ReputationRep:
    "It's quite clear that Petr Cech is having problems with his confidence. He used to be totally in command of his area and he still makes fantastic saves but he is not as decisive since his head injury and that's a big shame."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/8414755.stm

ReputationRep:
    Because Alan Hansen's said it, it's one hundred percent the truth? How about actually sharing your own tactical analysis rather than copy and pasting someone elses?

ReputationRep:
    Considering some of the performances he's had this season, some of the world class saves he's made and the amount of clean sheets we've had as well, its nowhere near an understatement. People are focusing on his blip in form in the last few games, rather than the fact that we have the best defensive record in the league.

Yes, it helps by having a decent defense, but I'd rather have Cech over any other goalkeeper in the Premier league bar Shay Given and Pepe Reina (perhaps.) Even then, I'm happy with Cech.

ReputationRep:
    Because Alan Hansen's said it, it's one hundred percent the truth? How about actually sharing your own tactical analysis rather than copy and pasting someone elses?
    Heard of the saying "couldn't have said it better myself"? If Hansen says what we believe, why not just make reference to him?!

He speaketh the truth. Cech put himself in no mans land, and this led to the goal being conceded. It was a disgusting goal to concede and equally disgusting how Cech decided to apportion the blame to his defenders, without doing the right, decent and honourable thing and accept liability for the goal. Pathetic. What an embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    @ Skadoosh...

Are you seriously telling me you're happy with Cech and with his current form?

Don't be silly now. You're better than this.

ReputationRep:
    Lulz at people giving WHW any attention when WUMing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Lulz at people giving WHW any attention when WUMing.
    you're a wumfail. You know I'm telling the truth and the truth is clearly hurting This was never my intention, it was solely to point out Cech's averageness over the last 2-3 seasons. I just find it unfortunate that you guys don't concur with me and just cannot be impartial when it comes to your own players.

ReputationRep:
    I can be impartial. Kalou's ****. Happy?

ReputationRep:
    I can be impartial. Kalou's ****. Happy?
    What a leap towards impartiality.

ReputationRep:
    What a leap towards impartiality.
    I try my best.

ReputationRep:
    I try my best.
    That's what worries me most

ReputationRep:
    @ Skadoosh...

Are you seriously telling me you're happy with Cech and with his current form?

Don't be silly now. You're better than this.
    No, obviously I'm not, but I'm happy that he's our keeper. We could have much worse, and frankly the fact that I am actually debating this whilst Chelsea are in a strong league position is rather pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, predictions for tonight people?

Scrape a 1-0 win and Cech to get MOTM perhaps?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.