Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    LOL go for it Citeh.

ReputationRep:
    If it is true they are a bunch of bleedin' idiots. Joe is a great player on top form but hasn't been playing like that for a few years now - I wouldn't like to see him go personally and I think he probably will sign a new contract, just needs to stop being so determined about wages I guess...which may well come back to bite us in the arse. But I guess in the same way there's no point paying over the odds and if we can go out and get another player with similar flair and creativity (or better hopefully) guess it may be worth it.... Not sure about Ribery mind...

With regards to Ballack's contract, I'd be quite happy to see him go and get a (young) replacement in......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    With regards to Ballack's contract, I'd be quite happy to see him go and get a (young) replacement in......
    I'd go for Belhadj personally. Could get him for £5m and he's tried and tested in the league. Just a question if he can step up to our level. Just because he's playing for a club lower down the league does not mean he can't make, e.g. Valencia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Dear Chelsea

Please don't mong out like your North London counter parts did when faced with an under strength bunch of bottlers. A crushing win would be greatly appreciated.

With love
    City
    likewise to you and Utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'd go for Belhadj personally. Could get him for £5m and he's tried and tested in the league. Just a question if he can step up to our level. Just because he's playing for a club lower down the league does not mean he can't make, e.g. Valencia.
    Naaah, I'd probably try and go for someone English (if possible) - just don't know who ha.

With regards to Valencia, he's been one of Utds consistent performers in the second half of the season, when they were on form he was crucial to most things they were doing (Rooney didn't score all of those goals with his head because of mediocre crosses)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Naaah, I'd probably try and go for someone English (if possible) - just don't know who ha.
    Rodwell!

ReputationRep:
    If Ballack goes we need someone established, as the great Mourinho said (coincidentally on the capture of Ballack):

"We are a team of champions and to improve a team of champions we need champions".

ReputationRep:
    I was reading this article last night: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...-chelsea-title

Came across this sentence:
    At the same time, Michael Ballack has shown the vibrant mobility of a diseased tree stump.
    I lol'd. Deco > Ballack tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Isn't he a left back/left mid? Same position as Zhirkov?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Isn't he a left back/left mid? Same position as Zhirkov?
    He's a midfielder. Haven't seen too much of him but with the current economic situation it would be nice for once to get a bargain. I'm mainly fed up with big names not performing. But I do think we could do with an energetic midfielder. Bit difficult to explain but he seems a combative type. Jack Rodwell might be a better solution but Everton would screw us over for a transfer fee. Besides, a player like Belhadj might consistently give his all (and on half/third of the wages of some of our players), like everyone should, because he's not a player that could take a club to ransom and play rubbish on the grounds that a club of similar stature might be interested in him.

ReputationRep:
    Yep but he'd only be making 5-6 appearances a season - we've got two good young left backs both experienced at U21 level internationally, and we've got Kakuta and Stoch on the left midfield side. We don't need anyone else tbh.

A central midfielder is a must. Milner was my favourite before Wembley, now he'll never come to us. Would like Fellaini or Rodwell still though.

ReputationRep:
    On our goalkeepers coach week at work at the end:

And a special mention goes to…
    I think this has to be Petr Cech, he has a record of 100 Premier League clean sheets. He did it in 180 games I think, and it is the quickest, Peter Schmeichel did it in over 200 games, so congratulations to him.
    Fantastic achievement.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I thought Belhadj can be converted to the middle. Pity because he'd only cost £5m really.

ReputationRep:
    *****. Still... one point ahead, one game in hand and a superior goal difference. It's very much ours to lose. A draw isn't the worst that could happen today at the Lane.

ReputationRep:
    frustration. seriously.

ReputationRep:
    They've still got Tottenham at home and Sunderland away. We may have to hope they drop points in one of them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck tonight. Srsly.

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to beat Spurs and do it nice and emphatically to take the wind out of those rag *****' sails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    They've still got Tottenham at home and Sunderland away. We may have to hope they drop points in one of them tbh.
    We all know Redknapp loves to roll over for us and i'm sure the manager will arrange something with Bruce But tbh i dont see Spurs winning today.Chelsea have too much power

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is it me or after the United game, im a tad bit worried bout tonight's game, we should win with our form and the way the guys are performing but I can't help but have a slight worry >_>.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.