Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dzeko sounds good, I know Ive repeated this but what about Aguero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    And Milner. But they'd cost too much for what they are worth.
    I'm not sure I agree. I'd be happy spending £20-25m on Milner knowing that he's vastly experienced, yet he's only 24 and we'd likely get ten years out of him if we wanted it. He's absolute quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    I'm not sure I agree. I'd be happy spending £20-25m on Milner knowing that he's vastly experienced, yet he's only 24 and we'd likely get ten years out of him if we wanted it. He's absolute quality.
    Milner is forever consistent. I can remember when him and Rooney burst onto the scene, at pretty much the same time. Rooney grabbed the limelight and Milner seemed to fade into the background but Milner has become a fantastic player and has been for a few years now. Doesn't seem to get injured much either.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic for a few years? IMO this is his breakthrough season showing his quality as one of the best midfielders in the league, thanks to the positional switch from O'Neil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TMDaines)
    £20m would be okay but I reckon he'd charge £40m just out of petulance more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    Torres won't be playing when we face Liverpool. looks like we'll need to make special defense preparations for Ngog :teehee:

Essien is supposedly back for that game too.

ReputationRep:
    Sub bench at best to be honest. I'd be very surprised if he started another game this season.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's probably just as well that Terry is banned for the Stoke game rather than Liverpool. Meanwhile, Arsenal's loss to Wigan provides a cushion and they could well be safe by the time we play them.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know whether or not that's a good thing though NDG. If they've got nothing to play for they may be less entitled to attack - and in the unlikely event that it comes down to goal difference, we're less likely to score more past a Wigan side with that attitude. If they're coming to the Bridge though knowing they'll need points, they'll want to attack more often and will be more exposed in defence. Pretty hypothetical anyway, I don't see West Ham/Burnley/Hull picking up three wins in their last few games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Torres won't be playing when we face Liverpool. looks like we'll need to make special defense preparations for Ngog

Essien will probably be out for the rest of the season and is danger of being labelled a crock.

Didn't you say you'd neg me if Chelsea beat Spurs? :rolleyes:

We must now win the remaining three games or it is over I reckon. A draw at Spurs might have allowed another draw, say to Liverpool, as long as we beat the other two and work the goal difference.

ReputationRep:
    Sell JT. He messed up the Spurs game because he wants Man U to win the title. :rolleyes:

Actually, some of his performances have been below-par and had they been done by Alex or Carvalho they'd be criticised much, much more.

ReputationRep:
    we will never sell JT, he has had one normal season and suddenly some people say he needs to go its unbelieveable. I think spurs have a good chance of getting a result against man u on staturday and i can always hope for a win against stoke. I think in the summer we need to try and sign pato and ashley young as i have said before, am also hoping that spurs get a cl place so we can stand a better chance of signing torres as he will want cl football at a big club i feel.

ReputationRep:
    Totnum will drop their pants down and get bum raped. They will never ever let us win the title if they can help it. I wouldn't sell JayTee but I don't think he should be immune from appropriate criticism because he's a GEL/captain/Mr Chelski. On occasions I think this has happened and when another defender does something wrong it's like overkill criticisms.

ReputationRep:
    Totnum will drop their pants down and get bum raped. They will never ever let us win the title if they can help it. I wouldn't sell JayTee but I don't think he should be immune from appropriate criticism because he's a GEL/captain/Mr Chelski. On occasions I think this has happened and when another defender does something wrong it's like overkill criticisms.
    thats nothing to do with chelsea, its jsut what happens to us at olf trafford

ReputationRep:
    Sell JT. He messed up the Spurs game because he wants Man U to win the title. :rolleyes:

Actually, some of his performances have been below-par and had they been done by Alex or Carvalho they'd be criticised much, much more.
    Well some of Alex's [less so] and Carvalho's performance have been below-par too, and I don't want either of them to go yet. JT's had a largely very good season.

ReputationRep:
    Essien will probably be out for the rest of the season and is danger of being labelled a crock.

Didn't you say you'd neg me if Chelsea beat Spurs? :rolleyes:

We must now win the remaining three games or it is over I reckon. A draw at Spurs might have allowed another draw, say to Liverpool, as long as we beat the other two and work the goal difference.
    well you say we're going to lose every game, you're bound to be right sometime!

i'm fully confident we'll get 9 points from these fixtures. you can neg me if we don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Torres won't be playing when we face Liverpool. looks like we'll need to make special defense preparations for Ngog :teehee:

Did you just see his goal? Be afraid tbh

ReputationRep:
    Ngog V Terry is a mouthwatering prospect

ReputationRep:
    We're going to drop points against Stoke, Liverbundle and Rugby League Merchants v1.0.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle398117.html

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.