Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Need to beat Stoke first. :shifty:
    **** off.

ReputationRep:
    :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping you don't have another crumble Fergie smells blood, and if you don't win this weekend :facepalm2: COME ON CHELSEA! Don't want Utd to win tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    Really hoping you don't have another crumble Fergie smells blood, and if you don't win this weekend COME ON CHELSEA! Don't want Utd to win tbh
    Imagine if Benitez fielded a reserve team against Chelsea. The reaction by Utd fans and Fergie would be lovely to watch.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon if you did the BBC predictor at the start of the season NDGAARONDI, Chelsea would finish 11th.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do predictions.

ReputationRep:
    Palace away our first pre season game on July 17th. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I find this very interesting: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle403151.html

Five 'academy' members will be promoted to the first team squad next year: Bruma, Van Aanholt, Kakuta, Matic and Borini. I presume then that none of these will be going out on loan next season. Personally I would have liked to see Borini have a season of first team football elsewhere, it's what he needs for his progression and development to speed up IMO and there are areas of his game that need improving. Would haved like Van Aanholt to have had a loan move to a first division too - whether that be in Holland, the Premier League, Bundesliga etc. Whether this means we're extending our first team squad, it doesn't mean much though. Whether these players are actually being planned to replace first team squad members from our current batch, it'll mean a real opportunity for them.

Does this mean further loan moves for Bertrand, Stoch, Di Santo, Mancienne and Cork? Unfortunately with them being out on loan this season, they're sort of out of Ancelotti's mind it seems. Think Bertrand's (but in fact, similar to Van Aanholt) has still got a lot to prove if he wants a real chance at making it here, Mancienne's showed he can do a solid job in the premier league, and Cork is such an impressive midfielder.

Otherwise the article doesn't really go into anything we don't know. Big spending days are 'over'... we can gather that much from our spending in the last few seasons, and there's funds available for a 'marquee signing' if one becomes available. I certainly hope it's this summer. I can't see what players would make any money in our current squad though come the transfer window that we may be looking to sell.

ReputationRep:
    as a chelsea fan i hate saying this but 'COME ON SPURS'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    as a chelsea fan i hate saying this but 'COME ON SPURS'
    One of those times. This weekend:

Chelsea fans want Spurs to win.
    Spurs fans want Arsenal to win.

Next weekend:

Utd fans want Liverpool to win.
    Newcastle fans might want Sunderland to win.
    Arsenal fans might want Chelsea to win.

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    As much as I'd like them to win / draw I think Utd will beat Spurs, they're typically useless against Man U and think the home advantage and killer instinct (Rooney) that they have will be too much for them...

but here's to hoping...

GO ON GARETH BALE (such a shame he's Welsh....)

ReputationRep:
    Bale against Gary Neville could be a good one, depends how much space is left behind him though and if Fergie actually has a plan to take Bale out of the game... if he does and it works succesfully take note please Carlo.

ReputationRep:
    The Sun's headline LOL. They've obviously interpreted it as they'll replace five first team players, rather than Ancelotti just extending our current squad. Can't see any more than 3-4 players leaving though this summer - one of Deco/Ballack and Belleti are the likely ones. And I suppose 1-2 more out of - Carvalho, Ferreira, Hilario, Joey Cole and Anelka.

ReputationRep:
    argh we shouldn't get rid of Ferreira, he's so handy to have. unless we bring back Rajkovic? how's he been doing

ReputationRep:
    Injured at Twente for most of it, now on the sub bench for the last few games, I suppose it's difficult to force your way into a winning side. Think there's work permit things that need to be sorted out... Can't see him in our squad for some time yet, if at all.

I reckon Van Aanholt will be our 'third left back' next season, and if we have Mancienne back he's easily good enough for our third right back position, and can easily fill in at defensive midfield, similarly to Belleti's role in our squad. Ferreira's sort of proved his worth since coming in for Ivanovic, he's a grafter and a competent player.

ReputationRep:
    i think he would be a pretty useful squad player tbh. i hear he can play anywhere along the back, and already has international caps for Serbia.

ReputationRep:
    As does Matic. :/

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind having Van Aanholt back on loan please :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    yeh he'll probably feature more on the bench next season when Ballack and/or Deco leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    argh we shouldn't get rid of Ferreira, he's so handy to have. unless we bring back Rajkovic? how's he been doing
    Ferreria is a really useful player and has showed critics he still belongs at Chelsea. I really hope Stoch plays for us next season he sounds a promising player. Think we'll spend that one signing on either Aguero or Ribery, but I think since Ribery's thing, Aguero is more than likely.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.