Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    kalou was going for the ball and got it, it wasn't intentional as he was trying to score rather than foul the keeper. a bad accident but an accident none the less.
    But the point still stands. A 2 footed challenge in the middle of the park, ball or not would be called up. Ah well, it matters not as you scored 6 others, even if the pen should have been a FK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    But the point still stands. A 2 footed challenge in the middle of the park, ball or not would be called up. Ah well, it matters not as you scored 6 others, even if the pen should have been a FK.
    Er, we should have had two other penalties - the trip on Anelka and handball in the box.

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention the fact that if Drogba had his shooting boots on he should've had 2, Malouda should've had a hattrick (two easy chances he failed to put away) and Ashley Cole should have scored too.

It could've easily been 10+...but 7 will do

ReputationRep:
    Wish Malouda would have got his hattrick, but he played well =D.

Guys ive been wanting to say this for a while but didn't. Is it me or do we play well without JT?

The second half of the season he hasn't been himself, think we all know why, but really I've seen we have played better. The commentator was like theres a stat that says that Chelsea are 20 games unbeaten in the games JT hasn't played lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Er, we should have had two other penalties - the trip on Anelka and handball in the box.
    Fair play, turned off after 3-0 because I couldnt be asked to watch your GD skyrocket. Then turned on as they scored the 4th, so missed a fair bit

ReputationRep:
    AGH.

Turns out there were plans for Zhirkov to play in midfield against stoke, but him and Deco were ill. Missed his chance to shine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Fair play, turned off after 3-0 because I couldnt be asked to watch your GD skyrocket. Then turned on as they scored the 4th, so missed a fair bit
    Well, you can still make a handsome goal difference as you've only Sunderland and Stoke to play. We always play to the final whistle so if we're three goals up at half time, we do not shut up shop like we used to. Supporters pay to see 90 minutes, they get 90 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Well, you can still make a handsome goal difference as you've only Sunderland and Stoke to play. We always play to the final whistle so if we're three goals up at half time, we do not shut up shop like we used to. Supporters pay to see 90 minutes, they get 90 minutes.
    Yep, I can't see it coming down to GD though, that would involve you getting beat and us drawing, both of which will hopefully and probably be one goal better in each of our favour.

ReputationRep:
    we'll win our last 2 games, i'm very sure of that. can't wait for post season WUMs. the Man Utd thread is going to turn into a graveyard.

ReputationRep:
    You better be right then. :shifty:

Also, IF we do beat Liverpool, say 3-0 and IF we then beat Wigan 4-0 then we would have scored 100 goals. Would be nice. Would provide wummage to Yids. But it won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are going to have to play all out against Atletico next thursday. we have a whole week to prepare. i can only envisage one outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Liverpool are going to have to play all out against Atletico next thursday. we have a whole week to prepare. i can only envisage one outcome.
    I dont think its ever that simple though.

If we lose to Atletico, we'll probably roll over from having low spirits.
    If we win and get to the final, the morale boost might spur us on against you guys.
    You guys get more rest, while we're playing at home.

The only down side for us, is the lack of strikers. Gerrard specials and some random wonder goals from Lucas.. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well, they have to go for a win which might mean if we survive their attacks we can smack them on the counter. Probably a better situation to be in ratehr than them settling for a 0-0 draw. Park the bus! :awesome: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What I want on Thursday is a 1 - 0 Liverpool win....extra time and penalties - couldn't care less who wins

ReputationRep:
    I remember you lot saying Zhirkov should be ahead of Malouda at the start of the season. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    I dont think its ever that simple though.

If we lose to Atletico, we'll probably roll over from having low spirits.
    If we win and get to the final, the morale boost might spur us on against you guys.
    You guys get more rest, while we're playing at home.

The only down side for us, is the lack of strikers. Gerrard specials and some random wonder goals from Lucas..
    Just don't try too hard when you play us. I don't want the wummage from Cockney Mancs in this thread, especially those that only seem to post here during 'squeaky bum time'.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't try too hard when you play us. I don't want the wummage from Cockney Mancs in this thread, especially those that only seem to post here during 'squeaky bum time'.
    Well if Villa/City draw the day before, we still have a faint chance of 4th so I'd like us to win. But I'd rather we lose than draw.

ReputationRep:
    Well if Villa/City draw the day before, we still have a faint chance of 4th so I'd like us to win. But I'd rather we lose than draw.
    Can you tell Rafa to stick out his reserves please? Want to see Fergie's reaction. :teeth: Imagine if Chelsea scored the winner in the 4th minute of stoppage time. Carlo Time!

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell Rafa to stick out his reserves please? Want to see Fergie's reaction. :teeth: Imagine if Chelsea scored the winner in the 4th minute of stoppage time. Carlo Time!
    If City + Spurs win I'd be tempted to go with a reserve side, definitely just to wind SAF up :woo:

ReputationRep:
    If City + Spurs win I'd be tempted to go with a reserve side, definitely just to wind SAF up
    If you get to the Europa League final it could be justified on those grounds. Saving your energy for a more 'winnable' game. Let's see if any Cockney Manc start effing and blinding at that! :cool:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.