Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    100% record against big four (or what were the big four). that's what made the difference for us.

ReputationRep:
    only one goal conceded too... a handball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    100% record against big four (or what were the big four). that's what made the difference for us.
    It shows what type of season this has been when we're not guaranteed the title despite beating Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd home and away...

Didn't City do the double over us? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    We had the best record against the top four last and didn't win the league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    We had the best record against the top four last and didn't win the league
    last season? didn't you draw with arsenal in both games?

ReputationRep:
    Because of everything that's gone on this season, lads, has it taken the gloss off winning the EPL?

e.g. Chelsea-supporting referees, Terry cheating with Bridge's bird and generally being a bit of a ****.

Curious to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Because of everything that's gone on this season, lads, has it taken the gloss off winning the EPL?

e.g. Chelsea-supporting referees, Terry cheating with Bridge's bird and generally being a bit of a ****.

Curious to know.
    oh HI HOWARD WEBB.

Edit;

No, it hasn't and it's not won yet.

ReputationRep:

Curious to know.
    Nar. The media are a pack of wolves.

The team's played well, and it'll be awesome seeing us lift the trophy.

Although I do worry about Wigan. I can see Martinez working some magic.

ReputationRep:

Curious to know.
    lawl wumming to the end, 'atta boy :yy:

no it hasn't taken any gloss off, we've deserved to win it from the start. and the fact that's its come down to one point makes it all the sweeter. lol chelsea supporting refs? don't gimme that, it's been the same for all the big sides. i don't think the terry situation should affect it in anyway (why the hell would chelsea fans care?), it's only for people who have nothing better to do and can't find any other ways to have a go at the best team in the league *modesty overload*.

asian fanbase ain't gonna be too happy with the carling cup are they?

ReputationRep:

Curious to know.
    I think it's added to it... it's been far more of a rollercoaster this year and it'll eventually mean far more because of that.

ManU are a referee's best friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    lawl wumming to the end, 'atta boy :yy:

no it hasn't taken any gloss off, we've deserved to win it from the start. and the fact that's its come down to one point makes it all the sweeter. lol chelsea supporting refs? don't gimme that, it's been the same for all the big sides. i don't think the terry situation should affect it in anyway (why the hell would chelsea fans care?), it's only for people who have nothing better to do and can't find any other ways to have a go at the best team in the league *modesty overload*.

asian fanbase ain't gonna be too happy with the carling cup are they?
    you've got a fanbase in Asia too. I saw it first-hand when I travelled in Asia a couple of years ago - I saw quite alot of Chelsea glory-hunters. But Kenyon did say you were going to become the biggest club in the world, rofl, so I suppose you really need this asian fanbase to get the ball rolling in respect of this ambition??!!!

I think your title win will be somewhat overshadowed by the fact that no one team has really excelled in the EPL this season. That's a facht.

you've got a fanbase in Asia too. I saw it first-hand when I travelled in Asia a couple of years ago - I saw quite alot of Chelsea glory-hunters. But Kenyon did say you were going to become the biggest club in the world, rofl, so I suppose you really need this asian fanbase to get the ball rolling in respect of this ambition??!!!

I think your title win will be somewhat overshadowed by the fact that no one team has really excelled in the EPL this season. That's a facht.
    I don't think any team has excelled but if you look at the league table, if Chelsea win their last game of the season then there is only 4 points seperating winners of last season and winners of this season. There's also been more competition this season which has perhaps made it more difficult for the top teams to excel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    I don't think any team has excelled but if you look at the league table, if Chelsea win their last game of the season then there is only 4 points seperating winners of last season and winners of this season. There's also been more competition this season which has perhaps made it more difficult for the top teams to excel.
    Looking forward to the Man City vs Spurs game on Wednesday tbh. There's no way I'm missing this game :cool: Been a very interesting race for 4th and it'll also be nice to see a new face in the CL, providing they negotiate the qualifying for the CL proper.

Looking forward to the Man City vs Spurs game on Wednesday tbh. There's no way I'm missing this game :cool: Been a very interesting race for 4th and it'll also be nice to see a new face in the CL, providing they negotiate the qualifying for the CL proper.
    I'd love for it to be Spurs, and for them to mess it up in the qualifying stage and eventually not be involved in the CL.

That would be crumble of epic proportions, especially with the media hyping up the 4th spot all season.

If Man City get 4th I can see them being the new Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4

Story of our season? I'm enjoying hearing it at the Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Nar. The media are a pack of wolves.

The team's played well, and it'll be awesome seeing us lift the trophy.

Although I do worry about Wigan. I can see Martinez working some magic.
    I doubt it - they're an attacking side which should help us score past them as it'll be a far more open game. I'd prefer them to a side who'd play more defensively and physically.

ReputationRep:

He said brand, not club. Like how Utd are the biggest brand in the world but Real Madrid being the biggest club in the world. I'd rather tap up the African and Iranian market than the Asian one, save for Japan. ^_^

Didn't know you were local to Old Trafford and a regular match day watcher. How many matches have you seen properly live this season? :eek: I don't mind the criticism of foreign supporters who hardly ever see their team play but it usually comes from England-based supporters who are armchair fans themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    He said brand, not club. Like how Utd are the biggest brand in the world but Real Madrid being the biggest club in the world. I'd rather tap up the African and Iranian market than the Asian one, save for Japan. ^_^

Didn't know you were local to Old Trafford and a regular match day watcher. How many matches have you seen properly live this season? :eek: I don't mind the criticism of foreign supporters who hardly ever see their team play but it usually comes from England-based supporters who are armchair fans themselves.
    Stockport, local enough I reckon.

I've seen one European match and I struggled to afford that (£45-ish quid). Basically I simply cannot afford to watch United at Old Trafford.

ReputationRep:

I've seen one European match and I struggled to afford that (£45-ish quid). Basically I simply cannot afford to watch United at Old Trafford.
    Ask these whoppers for a ticket:

ReputationRep:

Aren't some of your tickets like £30? Anyway, judging from the majority of your posts, you're probably eligible for a £10 Junior one.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.