Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Fa youth cup champions 2010! Superb! Around 10,400 turned up, pretty decent atmosphere throughout. Captain Conor Clifford stepped up with the goal in the last five minutes, producing an excellent long range shot. Thoroughly deserved, we dominated them both games.

1/3 in the next couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Torres

It's the Daily Mail, and it is almost certainly a groundless rumour, but can you imagine?

Phwoar.

ReputationRep:
    The Daily Mail always goes on about someone like they did with Shevchenko, upon getting it right for the third time, and then had the numptiness to say, "We told you so". :rolleyes:

They also said Pato and Silva for £70m. :rolleyes:

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Guys guys guysguys!!!

Torres to Chelsea!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/050520...turn-blue.html

"Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is "convinced" that Torres is set for a move to Stamford Bridge"

I hope this works out :P.

Drogba and Torres = Epic Win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    The Daily Mail always goes on about someone like they did with Shevchenko, upon getting it right for the third time, and then had the numptiness to say, "We told you so". :rolleyes:

They also said Pato and Silva for £70m. :rolleyes:

:facepalm2:
    Haha, I know. It's just a fantasy atm... but a nice one.

ReputationRep:
    One way to annoy the Scousers even more.

ReputationRep:
    We don't need Torres though, I'd hope Carlo realizes that, and I'd hope Roman realizes that we shouldn't sign players the manager doesn't want after the Shevchenko fiasco. We need a winger Goddamnit!

ReputationRep:
    Guess Roman wants more goals with more style. :P

ReputationRep:
    Carvalho... stay/go this summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Carvalho... stay/go this summer?
    Go. Apparently we will be using the Carling Cup like Arsenal do to blood in some youngsters. Just hope it's a better balance between established first team players and youth then.

ReputationRep:
    yeh carlo did say he's going to be promoting a few youth players for next season so I can see Alex becoming the regular with Ivanovic/Bruma filling in as back up.

ReputationRep:
    After watching the Youth Cup final - I was very very impressed with a certain Josh McEachran; bags of talent, absolute bags. Him and Clifford completely ran the centre of the park and Bruma seems brilliant too - seems like we've got quite a bright future. Hope they can all step up to the full level.

Very interested to see how Kakuta does next year given a chance, he's got the talent and the skills that could potentially make us very exciting - hope he gets a run out as with Bruma.

With regards to Riccy - I can see him possibly going and following Mourinho (wherever he ends up) - I do like him and he's a great player but I guess Alex has showed his worth recently and with Bruma coming through and Ivanovic playing well too I guess it'd be ok if he went - although that said I'm pretty sure we've had a fair few crisis moments in centre back with regards to injuries (i.e. JT's back...) so may be worh finding another youngish replacement for Riccy if he does go.

ReputationRep:
    My least preferred Carling Cup line up is the one vs Blackburn... pretty much showing out strength in depth with 30+'s and still losing. I'm not the biggest fan of 'blooding' young players through via the Carling Cup, similarly to how Wenger has, as you're not actually 'blooding' them through, most of the time they're playing against lower opposition teams - and often there's a whole lot of hype that comes with it. I have no doubt that team of youngsters could compete against CCC/Lower PL sides in the CC with the help of 4-5 experienced players... the reserves narrowly lost to Stoke City and beat Birmingham when both opponements fielded a team of very experienced players.

Riccy's contract apparently expires 2012, and 31 for a CB is still relatively 'young'. His record with injuries in the past two seasons hasn't been good though, and we've been cautious in playing him twice in a row. On his day he's one of the best CB's in the world, but has become a slightly cynical defender this year IMO.

I'd say let him go, Alex has never looked out of place in the last couple of years when partnering JT, and it should enable Bran to play in his best position more reguarly. Bruma is the best youngster this club have IMO, so I'd be looking for him to start 10+ games next season. Mancienne could be around at the club next year too, possibly filling in for Belleti as a utlity player and he should be competent enough given the players around him.

ReputationRep:
    So some of you now agree that Carvalho should go. :eek: Thought I was the only one. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what's in store for Di Santo either. Did well to keep his place in the Blackburn starting 11 for the first half of the season, and has dropped rapidly down their attacking ranks since December. Apparently Anelka is signing a two year extension until 2013, Sturridge must play more often next season, Borini's going to be more involved and Kalou's recently come into form which should keep him here next season.

Scott Sinclair is another...

ReputationRep:
    You say Scott Sinclair needs to move on but how long has Ryan Bertrand been playing for our Reserves?! I don't think Di Santo suits our style these days but I might be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    So some of you now agree that Carvalho should go. :eek: Thought I was the only one. :p:
    it's only cfc! he was bumming joe cole before now he wants him out as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Must admit the Joe Cole situation does not really have a majority view amongst Chelsea fans I've seen on the Internet at least. For me, if he signs - fine, if not then he's not really a supposed boyhood Blue. I'd have signed long ago if I was in his shoes because my injuries and performances don't justify the demand in pay-rise, if I was him etc.

We could have quite an exodus but a lot of it is deadwood to an extent - Hilario, Belletti, Deco, J Cole, Carvalho. Promote some young players and may be one or two additions and we're sorted? Obviously it's not really good to have mass changes of players in the first team but some supporters, not necessarily cfc1992 in particular, are too conservative in who they think we ought to keep and when they decide to get rid we get jack **** for the players because everyone knows about them. Need to screw some buying clubs over like we did with Real Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    You say Scott Sinclair needs to move on but how long has Ryan Bertrand been playing for our Reserves?! I don't think Di Santo suits our style these days but I might be wrong.
    Hasn't featured much, has just been going on loan reguarly to the Championship. Apparently has had an excellent season for Reading, but there's been quite a bit of talk of him moving on there on a permanent basis. I think Van Aanholt is slightly better IMO and that seems to be Ancelotti's view too. The thing about being out on loan, is that you're out of the managers mind too. The youngsters here have had more of a chance to impress Carlo, where as Cork etc haven't been able to, despite giving some very good performances out on loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I want Joey Cole to stay... but, if he goes - fine. In a way i'm more concerned about another club picking him up rather than what he actually adds to us.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.