Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    We could have quite an exodus but a lot of it is deadwood to an extent - Hilario, Belletti, Deco, J Cole, Carvalho. Promote some young players and may be one or two additions and we're sorted?
    Unfortunately we won't be getting much transfer income from those, so it could restrict our spending this summer - although I'd say we're pretty comfortable with getting 3 players in this summer. Can't see us spending more than £60m though.

Obviously it's not really good to have mass changes of players in the first team but some supporters, not necessarily cfc1992 in particular, are too conservative in who they think we ought to keep and when they decide to get rid we get jack **** for the players because everyone knows about them. Need to screw some buying clubs over like we did with Real Madrid.
    Initially I was for a 3 in 3 out this summer... although I think we should be letting 5+ go. Next season should be the start of a transition - let some of our best youngsters show their promise and excite the supporters and grab some of the headlines.

Ideally I would like to see the following go: Ballack, Carvalho, Ferreira, Belleti + 1 other. Likely to be Deco, but IMO he's been good this season when played. Reckon Ballack and Ferreira could stay another year though.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard some speculation that we play better with Ballack as DM than Mikel. But getting rid of players means it frees up opportunities for youth players and take the established players off the wage bill.

Oooh: Ballack, Deco, Hilario, Belletti, Carvalho, Ferreira and J Cole. Obviously not all of them will go at once but that would be the 'deadwood and non-necessities' I reckon. I reckon we might be able to get £20m for all them. Not much. :/

ReputationRep:
    £20m... not a chance. We'd get £1m if we were lucky.

Ballack's had three games at DM I can recall this season. Once against West Ham, where Mikel came on at half time and we completely changed the game and earned a draw. Stoke was easy enough, there was no central attacking pressure and he did well against Liverpool although we did give them quite a bit of space in the midfield first half.

ReputationRep:
    Typo - meant 10m. Forgot there are quite a few frees in there too. :/

But each of those players are probably earning a combined annual salary of £25m. Savings that could be used for a new transfer. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Starting team for Sunday?

ReputationRep:
    Same as against Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    So we've established the ones who we think will leave, imo I would like Ferreira to stay his experience and usefulness is pretty good, besides CL, he has played pretty good 2nd half of the season.

Who's most likely to come in? Aguero? Pato? Torres ? lol.

I think Aguero will come, he's almost begged Chelsea to take him =P. 1 striker and 2 midfielders? Would love Torres joining but seems unlikely.

This mate of mine who supports United at school was at me today saying Why does Torres need to go to Chelsea, hes Liverpool all the way, why should he go to Chelsea blabla. I said Shut it, Torres may want PL action and CL action?

*sigh* United Supporters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    So we've established the ones who we think will leave, imo I would like Ferreira to stay his experience and usefulness is pretty good, besides CL, he has played pretty good 2nd half of the season.

Who's most likely to come in? Aguero? Pato? Torres ? lol.

I think Aguero will come, he's almost begged Chelsea to take him =P. 1 striker and 2 midfielders? Would love Torres joining but seems unlikely.

This mate of mine who supports United at school was at me today saying Why does Torres need to go to Chelsea, hes Liverpool all the way, why should he go to Chelsea blabla. I said Shut it, Torres may want PL action and CL action?

*sigh* United Supporters...
    Ferreira is bad - watch the Spurs game to see how bloody useless he was...I don't rate him at all, Ivanovic is a better RB by a country mile and hopefully Bosingwa will return next year from injury.

I read in the Telegraph today that if we fail in signing Torres for 70m - Higuain is available for £35 - perhaps could be better value considering how much he's scored for Real although really don't see why they'd let him go - Torres would NEVER move to Real Madrid.

I'd like Aguero, only issue I have is that he is quite small and perhaps may not be suited for PL (but sure he'll do fine..) and paying a lot of money for him, which Athletico will demand..., may be a bit tooo risky. Guess that's why Torres, the proven striker is being thrown around although his injury proneness is a concern and £70m is quite frankly ridiculous even for him....although if it pisses off Liverpool fans...go for it Roman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Ferreira is bad - watch the Spurs game to see how bloody useless he was...I don't rate him at all, Ivanovic is a better RB by a country mile and hopefully Bosingwa will return next year from injury.

I read in the Telegraph today that if we fail in signing Torres for 70m - Higuain is available for £35 - perhaps could be better value considering how much he's scored for Real although really don't see why they'd let him go - Torres would NEVER move to Real Madrid.

I'd like Aguero, only issue I have is that he is quite small and perhaps may not be suited for PL (but sure he'll do fine..) and paying a lot of money for him, which Athletico will demand..., may be a bit tooo risky. Guess that's why Torres, the proven striker is being thrown around although his injury proneness is a concern and £70m is quite frankly ridiculous even for him....although if it pisses off Liverpool fans...go for it Roman!
    Yeah, I've been saying ever since we were linked with Aguero that I want him at Chelsea, he'll be a very good asset to the team. True against Spurs Ferreira wasn't that good, but Im not asking him to be put ahead of Ivanovic or Bosingwa. Just saying keep him, just incase another scenario comes up like we had this year.

Higuian is cheaper though, IMO wouldn't really mind any of em joining Chelsea, but would prefer the most viable option - which is Higuain. He's the cheapest, and has scored goals for Real, but I don't know whether he'll fit in to the PL? Aguero would do quite well. Torres is the proven striker but my mates doubt he'll come but I'm thinking just hold on, maybe Roman's on to something here =P. As you said, if it does then gogo Roman :P

ReputationRep:
    If I were going to bet, I would bet that Carlo does absolutely nothing we expect tbf. We will probably fail at getting rid of the deadwood again and either not sign anyone or not sign anyone we really need

Scott Sinclair was a legend for Villa in my FM game last year. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Player of the year etc announced tonight... I'll predict:

Player of the year: Didier Drogba
    Players player of the year: Ivanovic or Malouda
    Young player of the year: FA Youth Cup Winning Team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Player of the year etc announced tonight... I'll predict:

Player of the year: Didier Drogba
    Players player of the year: Ivanovic or Malouda
    Young player of the year: FA Youth Cup Winning Team.
    What times it starting m8?

Player of the Year: Frankie Lampard/Didier Drogba
    Players player of the year: Malouda
    Young Player of the year: FA Youth Team

ReputationRep:
    9 I think.

For the last few years a defender has won players player, so I'm sort of expecting Ivanovic to win that. You never know though.

ReputationRep:
    Mikel out for the FA Cup final.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think he'll be a big miss against portsmouth tbh. Ballack in the defensive position will be good.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, KPB is a pretty good player...

ReputationRep:
    Four main candidates for player of the year have been announced:

- Frank Lampard
    - Florent Malouda
    - Didier Drogba
    - Bran Ivanovic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I dunno, KPB is a pretty good player...
    boateng is a very good player lol and will soon be playing for ghana...

ReputationRep:
    Formation and personnel for Wigan?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.