Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Man City have way too many strikers.
    Utd have enough strikers for it to make any sense to splash out.
    Aguero would just be another quick/small striker at Arsenal when they really need to replace Adebayor.
    Chelsea have 2 proven strikers, seems very expensive for 3rd choice? Unless they dont plan to give Anelka a new contract?
    Aguero being on the tip of the diamond instead of Deco or Ballack? Need to stop buying Africans tbh.

Di Santo probably won't cut it and no idea on Sturridge. I assume Kakuta should be getting more first team action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Aguero being on the tip of the diamond instead of Deco or Ballack? Need to stop buying Africans tbh.

Di Santo probably won't cut it and no idea on Sturridge. I assume Kakuta should be getting more first team action.
    Aguero from an attacking point of view would be fantastic at the tip of the diamond. Although, it does have a defensive aspect to it, and that's something I just wouldn't think Aguero could cut in the Premier League.

Since when was there the idea of Ballack being at the tip of the diamond? I presume you mean Joey Cole. Either way, both Deco and Joey Cole need to start performing.

If we're going for the diamond throughout January Di Santo would be my preferred option to start with next to Anelka. He obviously isn't half the player Drogba is, but is similar in some of his characteristics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Aguero from an attacking point of view would be fantastic at the tip of the diamond. Although, it does have a defensive aspect to it, and that's something I just wouldn't think Aguero could cut in the Premier League.

Since when was there the idea of Ballack being at the tip of the diamond? I presume you mean Joey Cole. Either way, both Deco and Joey Cole need to start performing.

If we're going for the diamond throughout January Di Santo would be my preferred option to start with next to Anelka. He obviously isn't half the player Drogba is, but is similar in some of his characteristics.
    Ballack's played on the tip of the diamond, just before Ancelotti was our manager. Not very often but I'm sure he's done it. He's 'anchored' for us too. I didn't want to substitute Joe Cole because he's been injured for an extensive period but yes, they both need to justify their positions by consistent performances.

It's hard to judge any of our young players because, if they do not get a fair crack of the whip, then they cannot be judged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Chelsea have 2 proven strikers, seems very expensive for 3rd choice? Unless they dont plan to give Anelka a new contract?
    anelka has 18 months left on his contract. i imagine if we wanted to extend it we would have done it over the summer, so i think we're happy to just run it down. tbh i doubt he'll get any better after 18 months.

i don't think aguero will be used at the tip of the diamond. if we do get him, he'll probably be rotated with anelka. we have deco, j.cole and kakuta available for the AM position, the former two performing poorly atm however. wouldn't mind getting rid of deco and bringing in someone like alan dzagoev tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    anelka has 18 months left on his contract. i imagine if we wanted to extend it we would have done it over the summer, so i think we're happy to just run it down. tbh i doubt he'll get any better after 18 months.

i don't think aguero will be used at the tip of the diamond. if we do get him, he'll probably be rotated with anelka. we have deco, j.cole and kakuta available for the AM position, the former two performing poorly atm however. wouldn't mind getting rid of deco and bringing in someone like alan dzagoev tbh.
    Well he's said to the media he wants to extend his stay. I mean if he's so desperate to stay, you just negotiate a lower wage/decreasing each season and can always sell off for a few million even in a couple of years I wouldve thought.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero and Dzeko?!?! WTF tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero and Dzeko?!?! WTF tbh.
    and apparently Schweinsteiger too haha

i think the Aguero deal will go forward this time

ReputationRep:
    Ancelotti's said we don't need any deals in Jan though. Only time will tell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Ancelotti's said we don't need any deals in Jan though. Only time will tell...
    May be he's being diplomatic so the media don't accuse him of saying his squad is ****? There's no point in appealing on the ban if we're not going to take advantage of the ban being lifted in the mean time. Otherwise we could have done without, keep our players, serve the sentence, and then buy players afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    May be he's being diplomatic so the media don't accuse him of saying his squad is ****? There's no point in appealing on the ban if we're not going to take advantage of the ban being lifted in the mean time. Otherwise we could have done without, keep our players, serve the sentence, and then buy players afterwards.
    Or maybe he genuinely isn't buying anyone. I think the main point of appealing our ban was that we could have the freedom to buy in the summer etc - the chance that it meant we could buy in January was just a fortunate extra. If Ancelotti wants to improve the squad now, great, if he doesn't then it's his decision.

ReputationRep:
    From an outsiders PoV, Chelsea's (Abramovich's) continuing campaign to buy up many of the best players going looks like kleptomania.

The players won't get enough time playing together in matches to get to know each other's game. It won't develop their skill as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    From an outsiders PoV, Chelsea's (Abramovich's) continuing campaign to buy up many of the best players going looks like kleptomania.

The players won't get enough time playing together in matches to get to know each other's game. It won't develop their skill as much.
    Treat most rumours as b.s.

ReputationRep:
    really need to win tomorrow. a 6 point lead is a huge morale boost. and if we maintain that till the end of the month i feel we'll be in a good position for the january fixtures, as it gives us a big enough margin to lose/draw a game or two.

we should win though, drogba will be starting along with j.cole and carvalho.

ReputationRep:
    Great result today though. It's important we win tommorow, but we've already got a bit pressure taken off us going into the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Great result today though. It's important we win tommorow, but we've already got a bit pressure taken off us going into the game.
    That's my concern. Quite a few times we've played later than Utd knowing they dropped points and then we follow suit.

ReputationRep:
    Comon guys, it's West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    We've dropped points to Wigan so, you know, never expect things these days.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i'm never getting complacent over lesser teams anymore...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...h-scandal.html

wtf.

ReputationRep:
    More negative press (at least it's being reported as negative), why doesn't it surprise me? Neither does it surprise me that The Sun//News of the World can't report anything better.

Nice of JT to be giving money to charity though.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.