Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I believe so, unless I've had a massive facepalm moment or something.
    Yep won it 02 03 05 07 09

ReputationRep:
    So from what I gather the funds will be available for a player if he becomes available and Ancelotti is interested in him... otherwise for the bulk of the transfers it's back to aiming towards our self-sufficient goal. Happy enough with that, I think that's been the system for a couple of summers now.

ReputationRep:
    Just like last time, then. I don't think we will sign anybody that people are listing. Think £25m would be considered lavish now, especially by Ancelotti. I wont be surprised if we sign absolutely no one tbf

ReputationRep:
    Stick with youth.

ReputationRep:
    gr8 win, now on to wembley. COME ON CHELSEA. Hopefully in the summer we can bring in torres and ribery and maybe a defender, sell some players and get in some younger but established talent.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have David Villa if we could get him for £20-30m but any more than that then nah. His age is less of a problem for us as we have the experience from the Milan Lab but his transfer will be too much for a 29 year old regardless. His record is better than Torres who is like only available for half the games due to injury. Really wouldn't another Robben.

Oh yeah, in the summer I might fiddle around with Photoshop and see if I can do a Milan-Chelsea sig with Ancelotti on it.

ReputationRep:
    Rumour has it he's definatly bringing some acadamy lads through anyway, and fair play for it!

http://justchelsea.com/ancelotti-fiv...is-summer/1829

ReputationRep:
    "Chelsea are also in the hunt for Liverpool's Fernando Torres after owner Roman Abramovich gave the go-ahead for a huge bid for the Spain star. The Blues will go up against Manchester City in the battle to secure his signature. (The Sun)"
    I know its the sun but still, hopeful =p.

"Carlo Ancelotti could also move for Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery , Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero and Real Madrid's Kaka as Roman Abramovich is keen to give his manager the tools to continue their run of success. (Daily Express)"

Also Luka Modric looks like our replacement for Joey Cole apparently.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/...r-Luka-Modric/

ReputationRep:
    Modric? No thanks. Not what we need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    "Chelsea are also in the hunt for Liverpool's Fernando Torres after owner Roman Abramovich gave the go-ahead for a huge bid for the Spain star. The Blues will go up against Manchester City in the battle to secure his signature. (The Sun)"
    I know its the sun but still, hopeful =p.
    “We won’t be interested in Torres over the summer because we already have Drogba and Anelka here.

“And when we have these two *players at the club, I don’t think there is any need to go for him.

Stay away :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Quotes from the S*n about Liverpool :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    “We won’t be interested in Torres over the summer because we already have Drogba and Anelka here.

“And when we have these two *players at the club, I don’t think there is any need to go for him.

Stay away :yep:
    Chillax :P

I've read that article and YES I know its the Sun but hey if its Chelsea news I might aswell post it even though its something we know. =P

Btw once again guys Pato has said hes happy at Milan and won't move after our 150th time of being linked to him this year. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Chillax :P

I've read that article and YES I know its the Sun but hey if its Chelsea news I might aswell post it even though its something we know. =P
    i know, just warning you off him.

ReputationRep:
    i know, just warning you off him.
    I don't think there's a Tottenham badge next to your name?

ReputationRep:

Stay away
    Not all of us want him. He might be worth £70m to Liverpool but not worth that for Chelsea I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Not all of us want him. He might be worth £70m to Liverpool but not worth that for Chelsea I think.
    Not when you have more important priorities.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who thinks that, despite winning the title and destroying many teams, we may need a mass revamp either this season if not next? I know I'll be flamed for this as we've just become champions, but surely I'm not alone in thinking that Ballack, Deco, Beletti (who is retiring), Hilario and Ferreira have a year at most left,and Drogba and Anelka have 2-3 years max as "key players?" Personally I'd like to see some younger signings-players in the ilk of Aguero and, possibly, Dzeko.

I also think that £70 million on Torres is over the top. He's an amazing footballer, but...£70 million is just too much.

ReputationRep:
    It makes no sense to buy young players in their prime/at peaks for massive prices now though? Since you'd have both sets of players now and potentially someone will be left unhappy + difficult to balance into a side.

You either do the old Chelsea route - which is buy lots of expensive players when you need to (ie when Drogba and co are waning + about to leave)
    or you do what Utd do, which is buy lots of younger players with potential for big sums and give them 2 or 3 seasons to adjust.

ReputationRep:
    Getting rid of the deadwood is not really a revamp tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised Alex isn't in the Brazil squad, at least that means he'll have a summer of rest and should be fully fit for next season...

Would anyone else like to see Riccy go this summer, which should mean more games for Alex, Ivanovic at CB and Bruma (probably the best 'youngster' we have). Too many injury problems for Carvalho over the past two seasons, and has become a bit of a cynical defender at times.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.