Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's no quote there, anywhere. Without a quote, most reports should be considered groundless rumours.

Speaking to the Italian media the Stamford Bridge boss also said that he inherited a Chelsea side that had already been well prepared.

He said: 'I knew they were a first rate side - well organised and I didn't make a mistake.

'All the staff are top level I just had to pick up the keys when I arrived.'

Ancelotti also added that he had been given the green light by millionaire owner Roman Abramovich to go out and buy players

He said: 'Some will arrive but I'm not sure who yet. I am weighing things up we will spend if only vital.'
    Fingers crossed he'll think loooong and hard about anyone he decides to buy. Wanna see who his first purchase is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    There's no quote there, anywhere. Without a quote, most reports should be considered groundless rumours.

Fingers crossed he'll think loooong and hard about anyone he decides to buy. Wanna see who his first purchase is.
    Yeah, thats true. Should have known better D:

I really want to see who we get this summer =O

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...051543,00.html

D:

ReputationRep:
    **** sake.

ReputationRep:
    Ferreira, I guess. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    it's not the end of the world...

ReputationRep:
    "I would love to play with him too!" Ancelotti joked, referring to Didier Drogba's receptive comments about the Spaniard.

"He is a very good player. But we do not need another striker."

We don't need another striker? Interesting. I kind of agree..having just seen us score 103 goals in the premier league, what he is saying makes sense. At the same time, that little extra quality, that little pacey edge up front, has so often been missing from our team this season. We often won without it, but when we lost, our problem was usually failure to get a man beyond the back four of the other team.

I would suggest to "complete" the team we need a very quick, very skilled, multi talented dribbler. Either someone who can play at the tip of a diamond, as a striker up front or on the wing in a 4-3-3...But I would say that is definitely a priority for us. We have ignored it for too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    "I would love to play with him too!" Ancelotti joked, referring to Didier Drogba's receptive comments about the Spaniard.

"He is a very good player. But we do not need another striker."

We don't need another striker? Interesting. I kind of agree..having just seen us score 103 goals in the premier league, what he is saying makes sense. At the same time, that little extra quality, that little pacey edge up front, has so often been missing from our team this season. We often won without it, but when we lost, our problem was usually failure to get a man beyond the back four of the other team.

I would suggest to "complete" the team we need a very quick, very skilled, multi talented dribbler. Either someone who can play at the tip of a diamond, as a striker up front or on the wing in a 4-3-3...But I would say that is definitely a priority for us. We have ignored it for too long.
    So we need a quick dribbler
    eg Samir Nasri? For example that type of player?..

ReputationRep:
    Would like a Nasri type player - but he won't come here and we wouldn't go in for him.

We've been linked with Javi Martinez in recent weeks, any similarities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Would like a Nasri type player - but he won't come here and we wouldn't go in for him.

We've been linked with Javi Martinez in recent weeks, any similarities?
    Not seen much of him...

youtube here I come..

ReputationRep:
    Just heard that Ivanovic is missing the cup final Looks like a farewell for Ferreira then....

ReputationRep:
    Do wonder if these news reports are legimitate considering what happened with Terry and the FA Cup final being round the corner. Tottenham supporting journalists who want Chelsea fans to panic before the FA Cup final in case we do the Double.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Do wonder if these news reports are legimitate considering what happened with Terry and the FA Cup final being round the corner. Tottenham supporting journalists who want Chelsea fans to panic before the FA Cup final in case we do the Double.
    That could be the case? But We're speaking as if Ferreira is a bad replacement, I know we'd love Ivanovic at Right Back, but Ferreira can do the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    That could be the case? But We're speaking as if Ferreira is a bad replacement, I know we'd love Ivanovic at Right Back, but Ferreira can do the job.
    Only just...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Only just...
    We should still beat Portsmouth with or without Ivanovic. And if Grant makes his side rather defensive from the beginning that will lighten the burden even further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Player injuries are always hyped up prior to a crucial game. Clubs do it and the press do it and a lot of fans fall for it. If I had a pound for each time a big match player were a doubt for an upcoming big match and then 'just' made fitness test for the match I'd have some handsome spare change tbh.

ReputationRep:
    anyone getting worried about the final yet, any predictions or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Player injuries are always hyped up prior to a crucial game. Clubs do it and the press do it and a lot of fans fall for it. If I had a pound for each time a big match player were a doubt for an upcoming big match and then 'just' made fitness test for the match I'd have some handsome spare change tbh.
    Ahh well, I can see you being quite rich in one season :P.

And no worries about tomorrow, we should beat Portsmouth hands down.

Another demolition? =P

4-0 Chelsea imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Ahh well, I can see you being quite rich in one season :P.

And no worries about tomorrow, we should beat Portsmouth hands down.

Another demolition? =P

4-0 Chelsea imo.
    I don't think it'll be that much of a gap. Remember Portsmouth players will be giving it 2000% as this is the only thing they've really had to play for for a few weeks now - and also is their advertisement to Premier League clubs for next season.

That said, if we get an early goal - I think it could be all over by half time. However if not, I can see a 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 win.

ReputationRep:
    Afghan leader rather watch Chelsea than sort out the country's mess.

:awesome:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.