Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Try winning the proper double lads, e.g. CL and EPL. Try it sometime, I dare you.
    Are you foreign? Who would say a phrase like EPL? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Cech's a better GK than VDS and Given...

Reina I might give you, and possibly two/three other European GK's.

Easily top five in the world in that position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Are you foreign? Who would say a phrase like EPL? :confused:
    I've been saying EPL for a while now and I'm not the only one on here. It's short for English Premier League so what's really the problem?

Admit it, you're still bitter that you're just not good enough to win the CL

That's Champions League btw

ReputationRep:
    Reina, Given, VDS are better GKs than Cech. Throw a couple of gks playing in other european leagues into that group too.
    Given? The same goalkeeper who conceded a shot from beyond the half-way line? No thanks. Not sure if he really is better than Joe Hart tbh. Reina, sure. No idea about VDS but if Fergie thinks Chelsea are too old may be he doesn't know how old VDS is.

ReputationRep:
    I think someone's in a bad mood this evening. Why?! You've just demolished bottom of the league side, Portsmouth, in the FA Cup final. It's a tremendous achievement. C'mon fellas, I was expecting you folks to be in pretty good spirits.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Did you see some awesome goalkeeping by the Golden Glove winner? Or is he no longer a world class goalkeeper any more?
    *joint golden gloves winner :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Try winning the proper double lads, e.g. CL and EPL. Try it sometime, I dare you.
    Did you guys forget to try and win a real trophy this season? :awesome:

Is the Carling Cup made like a real trophy or is it just inflatable?

ReputationRep:
    Cech was awarded the golden gloves... better clean sheet/game played ratio.

ReputationRep:
    I've been saying EPL for a while now and I'm not the only one on here. It's short for English Premier League so what's really the problem?
    Well since most of us are involved in the English Premier League I'd say the league would suffice unless it is used in the Football League thread or something.

Admit it, you're still bitter that you're just not good enough to win the CL

That's Champions League btw
    Quite a few clubs are taking their time to win the competition. Arsenal have been in it for 13 seasons in a row and not won it and Fergie himself has only won it twice. I don't think Chelsea will take as long to win the competition as the other two have.

ReputationRep:
    Ancelotti will win the CL at least once in his time at Chelsea. I'm sure of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Did you guys forget to try and win a real trophy this season? :awesome:

Is the Carling Cup made like a real trophy or is it just inflatable?
    what did you losers win? A coveted spot in the Europa league...yum, tastes like crumble pie. Do you have to negotiate any qualifying round/s to get into the Europa league proper? Good luck, lads. The only thing Liverpool has won over recent years is Capital of Culture status for a year, rofl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Ancelotti will win the CL at least once in his time at Chelsea. I'm sure of it.
    Hopefully. Would be nice to do it next year purely because the final is at Wembley so if we get that far I don't have to bother getting myself a passport just for the match, nor put up with shockingly priced travel.

ReputationRep:
    Cech was awarded the golden gloves... better clean sheet/game played ratio.
    I dont think the ratio comes into it. Just the number of clean sheets, so they share it.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully. Would be nice to do it next year purely because the final is at Wembley so if we get that far I don't have to bother getting myself a passport just for the match, nor put up with shockingly priced travel.
    Yet good luck getting a ticket unless you're a season ticket holder with a ridiculous amount of points

ReputationRep:
    I dont think the ratio comes into it. Just the number of clean sheets, so they share it.
    It does - which is why the PL.com announced Cech as the winner.http://www.premierleague.com/page/He...051839,00.html

ReputationRep:
    what did you losers win? A coveted spot in the Europa league...yum, tastes like crumble pie. Do you have to negotiate any qualifying round/s to get into the Europa league proper? Good luck, lads. The only thing Liverpool has won over recent years is Capital of Culture status for a year, rofl.
    I make no qualms about us not being good enough. But I dont try to WUM the best team in the land by mocking them for only winning 2 trophies, one of which is evidently redundant.

It's interesting that Utd havent won the FA cup for so long though

ReputationRep:
    It does - which is why the PL.com announced Cech as the winner.http://www.premierleague.com/page/He...051839,00.html
    Learn something new every day!

ReputationRep:
    I make no qualms about us not being good enough. But I dont try to WUM the best team in the land by mocking them for only winning 2 trophies, one of which is evidently redundant.

It's interesting that Utd havent won the FA cup for so long though
    you're ****e and boring. I genuinely feel a bit of sympathy for Liverpool supporters. It must feel atrocious having to put up with such mediocrity?

My point still stands, they should try winning the proper double, rather than pissing their pants with sheer joy and excitement from winning the EPL/FA Cup double. To me, that shows a lack of ambition/lack of the necessary winning mentality to go that one step further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Yet good luck getting a ticket unless you're a season ticket holder with a ridiculous amount of points
    If they keep my records I might be able to do it but no doubt winning the Double will mean I need twice as many loyalty points ffs.

Might enquire how many points I'll need. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    The traditional double has always been FA Cup & League.

Arguably the msot succesful season in this clubs history. Such a rollercoaster with all the frustrations, yet moments of complete joy too.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.