Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ballack going down rather easily is something I've never heard of. I don't think the Germans really do that. More likely to body-check you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Between Ballack, Carvalho and Drogba that used to happen almost every single match.
    And Torres and Gerrard probably contribute just as much.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    And Torres and Gerrard probably contribute just as much.... :p:
    Never said they didn't :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...eave-barcelona

Im liking this. (Y)

ReputationRep:
    **** Toure, i don't want him :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    Better DM than Essien and Mikel though. In a midfield three:

-------------Toure----------
    -----Essien-------Lampard---

Only Barcelona's could compete with that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    **** Toure, i don't want him
    I do, for the right price. Just a shame he's African.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Better DM than Essien and Mikel though. In a midfield three:

-------------Toure----------
    -----Essien-------Lampard---

Only Barcelona's could compete with that...
    Then ACON comes around....

Matic
    Lampard - OTHER (presuming Deco or Ballack will not be here in 2 years when it comes around again)

joy.

That said, I do think Toure will be a good signing if we manage to get him - lolz at not wanting to go to Arsenal, do you think that's due to the fact we're a bigger club or perhaps the fact his brother didn't really get along with a certain ex chelsea defender there...

For the right price he'd be a great signing, it's just so silly how the transfer market has led him to cost probably around £20...and Milner £30 odd...ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Well there's no AFCON next season, although after that it's two years running as they're changing it to odd years. It's only usually around four matches anyway, and we've got the quality in our squad to make up for those 4-5 players.

ReputationRep:
    For the right price he'd be a great signing, it's just so silly how the transfer market has led him to cost probably around £20...and Milner £30 odd...ridiculous.
    Tbf Kaka would probably cost us more than Milner and Toure despite having a bad season at Real. We've done our own fair share of fee inflation tbh.

ReputationRep:
    you all make me sick.

ReputationRep:
    Racist!

Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    you all make me sick.
    tsk tsk I think your outnumbered on this one mate :rolleyes:

And /agree with NDGAR

ReputationRep:
    our primary focus should be on replacing the players who are going to leave...getting another DM should not be our main priority right now..

ReputationRep:
    Primary focus should be on improving the side, and the midfield is our weakest position IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Primary focus should be on improving the side, and the midfield is our weakest position IMO.
    Essien
    Mikel
    Ballack
    Lampard
    J. Cole
    Malouda
    Deco

Hardly weakest position...still probably the best midfield in the premiership and top 5 in the world easily.

But yeh I agree, Toure will improve it, especially with perhaps 3 of the above leaving at the end of the season. He's not too old either ,26 or so isn't he...perhaps 27. Think I'd prefer someone with some flair / attacking / creativity but I guess if we sturdy things up first we can expand there.

If we get Toure, alhough £20 is stupid to pay for a player who never plays at Barca.., I guess we'd just need to sort the issue of possibly a younger striker / RW / RM.. although then again could try and bring Kakuta/Borini on a little more there..

ReputationRep:
    **** Toure, i don't want him :stomp:
    LOL why not? Probably the best box to box midfielder behind Essien.

ReputationRep:
    why the crack have Busquets and Keita taken over his position then

we're also getting ripped on the deal seeing Barca only paid like £8m for him...

ReputationRep:
    Essien
    Mikel
    Ballack
    Lampard
    J. Cole
    Malouda
    Deco

Hardly weakest position...still probably the best midfield in the premiership and top 5 in the world easily.

But yeh I agree, Toure will improve it, especially with perhaps 3 of the above leaving at the end of the season. He's not too old either ,26 or so isn't he...perhaps 27. Think I'd prefer someone with some flair / attacking / creativity but I guess if we sturdy things up first we can expand there.

If we get Toure, alhough £20 is stupid to pay for a player who never plays at Barca.., I guess we'd just need to sort the issue of possibly a younger striker / RW / RM.. although then again could try and bring Kakuta/Borini on a little more there..
    Nobody, I repeat nobody believes Busquets is a better player. Toure should be on the first team sheet at all times. One of Pep's flaws IMO, that he prefers Busquets.

ReputationRep:
    why the crack have Busquets and Keita taken over his position then

we're also getting ripped on the deal seeing Barca only paid like £8m for him...
    Ask anyone, Barca fan or football fan that watches Barcelona and tell me they won't say Toure is better of the trio. He is, Pep pisses me of in that regard that he chooses Busquets over him. Keita starts more because Iniesta was injured alot this season.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.