Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Toure at the right price would be an excellent acquisition. If we sign Toure and someone who can dribble at pace then imho nothing but injuries could stop us from winning the PL again next season.

ReputationRep:
    How many times have we lost to the eventual winners of the CL? 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010. FFS!!!!11111!!!1111

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Ask anyone, Barca fan or football fan that watches Barcelona and tell me they won't say Toure is better of the trio. He is, Pep pisses me of in that regard that he chooses Busquets over him. Keita starts more because Iniesta was injured alot this season.
    That's why the price is even more of a joke. No player should be worth that much if he hardly plays. The same was said about City's evaluation of Sturridge. Him and Milner....:drool:

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea are poised to launch a £26m bid for Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric . (Mail on Sunday)

Chelsea also want to take Javier Mascherano from Liverpool and are ready to open the bidding for Argentine midfield star at £20m. (The People)

Uhhh lol? Don't want Macherano, would take Yaya instead ><

ReputationRep:
    How about you guys buy Mascherano for £30mil from us and we go buy Yaya for £15mil from Barca? :awesome:

.............Drogba......
    Malouda...Lampard....????.
    ........Eissen...Toure......
    A.Cole..Terry...Alex...Bosingwa
    ..............Cech......

Get a brilliant right midfield and that line up should scare the crap out of any opposition side.

ReputationRep:
    Anelka's fine on the right. Not sure about Lampard as a central playmaker either he's best in a 4-3-3.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh Anelka's been playing alright on the right recently. And think you're right with regards to Lampard, he's not the typical playmaker type - just a brilliant overall midfielder.

I'm quite surprised there's not been any mention of Gourcuff, wasn't he touted as the next big thing in France despite a bit of a poor time at AC Milan - think he's done well at Bordeux (although if they've sold Chamakh they've got no real need to sell their other best player) - I think he's one of those 'World Cup Players' - i.e. if he has a good world cup there'll be a lot of interest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    How about you guys buy Mascherano for £30mil from us and we go buy Yaya for £15mil from Barca? :awesome:

Malouda...Lampard....Anelka.
    ..............Cech......

Get a brilliant right midfield and that line up should scare the crap out of any opposition side.
    Yes that should scare the crap out of any opposition. We just need Toure now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    How about you guys buy Mascherano for £30mil from us and we go buy Yaya for £15mil from Barca?

Malouda...Lampard....????.
    ..............Cech......

................Drogba.......... .....
    Malouda.......................An elka
    ......Essien........Lampard..... ...
    ................Toure........... ......
    A Cole.....Terry..Alex...Ivanovic
    ................Cech............ ........

Might need Milner too. So Mourinho will meet Lassana Diarra at Real then. Sucks to be him.

ReputationRep:
    I still prefer Bosingwa at right back for his superior attacking threat and in the big games he'll be absolutely key. I see Ivanovic starting the season as 2nd right back and 3rd centre back - that should be 30+ games though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the season as a first XI centre back.

If or once Toure is signed, we should just concentrate on boosting our attacking options.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Bosingwa didn't play enough games for Chelsea last season, albeit due to injury, for me to gauge how good he's supposed to be! Plus sarforaz was wanting a starting 11 to scare the **** out of opposition. Well, a Serb, and the way he played last season, should do the trick! :p:

Wonder if I'll get e-shot by fellow Chelsea fans for wanting Milner and Toure on here...

ReputationRep:
    We're linked to a £6m Benayoun - really pleased about that, I think he'd be very good attacking option.

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm going to shoot myself.

ReputationRep:
    *gets the popcorn out*

ReputationRep:
    i thought we were trying to lower the average age of the squad....

ReputationRep:
    It's a short term signing, but one that lends itself to the likes of Kakuta breaking through.

ReputationRep:
    he's a prat though.

ReputationRep:
    Why?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Who's a prat? Benayoun? cfc1992? Me? All of us?!

ReputationRep:
    you all are. we're not being linked to the right players.

now i'm off to play FM. only there can i find solace and build my dream Chelsea :moon:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.