Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That reminds me - Guitar Hero!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Benayoun - nah. I think it will be a bit silly trying to buy young players for the sake of it. Yaya Toure is 27, James Milner is 25 and Luka Modric is 24. I've not known any players around the age of 21 to be good enough to join us who will have an impact on the squad as soon as he joins rather than wait for potential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    It's a short term signing, but one that lends itself to the likes of Kakuta breaking through.
    Surely signing someone who plays in the same position as Kakuta will only hinder his progress? It will limit the number of appearances he makes!

ReputationRep:
    "Mascherano has shelved talks on a new contract while Benayoun is hoping to discuss a move to Stamford Bridge for around £6m this week.
    Benayoun, 30, said: 'Ancelotti wants me for next season and now everything depends on Liverpool. Chelsea will have to pay some £6m but I believe that in the end I'll be moving there.'

I don't want Benayoun O.O. Hes 30...and don't we have a policy of only signing players under 30 now?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...ove-for-bojan/

We're linked to Boyan =O.

and

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...nd-Torres.html

I hate this one ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    i think i'm going to shoot myself.
    Can you shoot me too please? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    Surely signing someone who plays in the same position as Kakuta will only hinder his progress? It will limit the number of appearances he makes!
    No, signing a young £30m player will though. Realistically Kakuta won't really be considered for another couple of years, he'll just be getting domestic cup appearances, and possibly the odd PL one. By the time he's 21 or so though, if he continues to develop into a fantastic football player he will be considered more and more for the first team, and with Benayoun 33 it'll be easier for him.

Signing Benayoun would definitely mean Joey Cole is leaving I think, I can't see how we'd fit both into our squad of 25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    No, signing a young £30m player will though. Realistically Kakuta won't really be considered for another couple of years, he'll just be getting domestic cup appearances, and possibly the odd PL one. By the time he's 21 or so though, if he continues to develop into a fantastic football player he will be considered more and more for the first team, and with Benayoun 33 it'll be easier for him.

Signing Benayoun would definitely mean Joey Cole is leaving I think, I can't see how we'd fit both into our squad of 25.
    Well true, Kakuta won't play as much as Benayoun would even if he came.

Tbh, why take Macherano if Toure wants to come to us? >_>

Yaya Toure tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Crikey, I do often wonder where these papers get these stories from.

With regards to Benayoun, can't say it'll make too many Chelsea fans jump for joy. If he can repeat the form of 2 seasons ago when he was instrumental to Liverpool (and to be fair, he was probably their best attacking option last year) he could be a good signing. Although to be fair, I think I'd much prefer to keep J.Cole and take Toure over Mascherano...but if it annoys the scousers...so be it.

Moving onto Bojan, I've only got two words there - Yes and Please.

ReputationRep:
    We're apparently starting a bidding war for Milner with City.

and complety agree Jimi.

Benayoun did say he will sort out the Chelsea talk this week =o so we wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    A bidding war with City? Have we not learnt from Robinho? (although, in all honesty...looks like we came out trumps there, then again if he was actually happy perhaps he'll have done better).

We'll see I guess....as always, not going to believe anything until I see them in a Chelsea shirt.

ReputationRep:
    Milner would have been a great signing at £20m - any more and it's far too expensive for the player he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    A bidding war with City? Have we not learnt from Robinho? (although, in all honesty...looks like we came out trumps there, then again if he was actually happy perhaps he'll have done better).

We'll see I guess....as always, not going to believe anything until I see them in a Chelsea shirt.
    It specifically mentioned the Robinho matter. Apparently an inside "Chelsea source" said: We are determined to not let this one go.

hmmmm think Matic will be willing to give Toure his number 24? XD

But yeah, only when their at the unvielling is when their officially Chelsea. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yossi, you ****.

Swaps for Joe Cole, and a bank loan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Yossi, you ****.

Swaps for Joe Cole, and a bank loan?
    Don't want him! Not what we're after. Rated him at West Ham but too late now.

ReputationRep:
    Since we're taking up 2-3 new signings this transfer window, who do you guys think we're most likely to buy out of the lot? and your ideal starting XI next season?

Think Toure and I really don't know a second signing

Cech
    Ivanovic/Bosingwa
    Terry
    Alex
    A.Cole
    Essien
    Lampard
    Toure
    Anelka
    Drogba
    Malouda

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...hley-cole-bid/

I just read this, and it says that we have won 6 and drawn 1 of the nine games Ashley Cole missed (including United away). Don't get me wrong I want him to stay but thats what it says =o

ReputationRep:
    get toure instead of macherano and modic instead of benayoun. brojan would be a good player and hopefully ribery or torres. lokks like ballack wants to stay but joe cole doesn't, would love that to be the other way around

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I wouldn't mind it if we bought no-one.

Miroslav Stoch, Kakuta and Sturridge are all talented... just give them time to settle, and it'd be good? Might as well make use of our other squad members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...hley-cole-bid/

I just read this, and it says that we have won 6 and drawn 1 of the nine games Ashley Cole missed (including United away). Don't get me wrong I want him to stay but thats what it says =o
    Real Madrid would have to pay more than £25m for us to sell him. I hope he stays. Probably just as well we won the Double last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Since we're taking up 2-3 new signings this transfer window, who do you guys think we're most likely to buy out of the lot? and your ideal starting XI next season?
    I am hoping for something like this:

Cech
    Iva/Bos Alex Terry A.Cole
    Toure
    Essien Lampard
    D. Silva............Malouda
    Drogba

Though Toure is still a questionable signing for me. I don't want him if he costs more than £14m. We should be willing to pay up for Silva, I don't mind if it goes up to £25-30m.

ReputationRep:
    GTFO, what's with all this Toure talk? He's going nowhere :fight:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.