Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We should make Terry and Lampard give their official endorsement on the possibility of Yaya Toure joining Chelsea. Would like to see the reaction by Barca backed press...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    GTFO, what's with all this Toure talk? He's going nowhere :fight:
    Barca...starting reading some transfer news every now and then :rolleyes:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...eave-barcelona

ReputationRep:
    Guys....Karim Benzema has walked in Chelsea Transfer gossip. 28 mil.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...p-benzema-bid/

and good news! hopefully

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...aeli-benayoun/

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can see from Benayoun, he's only commented about us. Usually the media speculate a signing by saying x club are interested in y player and then the transfer begins. Not a comment out of the blue by saying, "Come and get me, Chelsea". There was hardly anything on Yossi with Chelsea beforehand and so I think he's trying his luck rather than the club being, at least, initially interested him, especially given that he is 30.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    As far as I can see from Benayoun, he's only commented about us. Usually the media speculate a signing by saying x club are interested in y player and then the transfer begins. Not a comment out of the blue by saying, "Come and get me, Chelsea". There was hardly anything on Yossi with Chelsea beforehand and so I think he's trying his luck rather than the club being, at least, initially interested him, especially given that he is 30.
    Quite true, nothing came about him before. Well let's see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Darijo Srna might be signing. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Darijo Srna might be signing. :/
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    Mainly Croatian ones at the moment, although the Mail has picked up on it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle438537.html

So Torres isn't going anywhere.

On the bright side, I finished my A/S Levels today!

EDIT: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle438557.html

Guys Barca wants 25 million for Yaya Toure.

"Pep Guardiola is in fact keen to keep the former Monaco man, but can not guarantee him regular first-team football." Worth it? I think yes.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't think Yaya is worth £25m. If he was two years younger and French, instead of African, then he will be. He's better than Milner though and we'd have to pay about that for him anyway. I'd still like both. But clearly I know nothing about what the team needs because I don't play Football Manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I still don't think Yaya is worth £25m. If he was two years younger and French, instead of African, then he will be. He's better than Milner though and we'd have to pay about that for him anyway. I'd still like both. But clearly I know nothing about what the team needs because I don't play Football Manager.
    That's like saying Drogba and Eto'o are/were not as good as Torres.

ReputationRep:
    JOSE MOURINHO has told Real Madrid to make a £50 million move on his old club Chelsea for Michael Essien and Ashley Cole.
    Right Jose, We (Chelsea fans) still like you - however if you try and take Essien..I don't think you'll ever be welcome back.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea don't need Yaya Toure. We already have two of the best holding midfielders in European football in Essien and Mikel, and Nemanja Matic seems more than capable of playing there as well; the boy has immense potential.

In fact I don't think we need any midfielders at all. Yes, Deco and Belletti are leaving (or have already left in Belletti's case), but we have young players like Jack Cork and Gael Kakuta who will be ready to make the step up next season. We have plenty of options in terms of going forward and going back, so midfield really isn't an option.

The only position I feel we can possibly improve on is out wide. Malouda is phenomenal but we seem to have an imbalance when Anelka is forced out wide. Kalou has his good days and his bad days; what we need is some young potential out wide, like Benfica's Angel di Maria.

I also think we need a goalkeeper like Sergio Asenjo to keep Petr on his toes. Cech played his best for Chelsea when he was pushed in training by Cudicini; Hilario and Turnbull just aren't good enough. True we have a really good selection of young goalkeepers like Taylor, Walker and Sebek and Matej Delac, but someone who has first division and European experience like Asenjo is what is needed to challenge Cech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Right Jose, We (Chelsea fans) still like you - however if you try and take Essien..I don't think you'll ever be welcome back.
    /agree. Jose you can't just come over and take what you was yours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    That's like saying Drogba and Eto'o are/were not as good as Torres.
    Drogba gets far more first team action than Yaya Toure though. I know the market doesn't equate with players' worth based on the importance for the team, but I just think Barcelona's demands are, on principle, too high. They are entitled to ask how much they like for a player but it's up to them to make sure the player is happy and that they do not let him go for peanuts or a free later on.

I haven't seen much of Yaya Toure but I just don't want a final shopping spree banning the team from the Champions League, although I guess Real Madrid might start to care about this one year before the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Hinsley)
    Chelsea don't need Yaya Toure. We already have two of the best holding midfielders in European football in Essien and Mikel, and Nemanja Matic seems more than capable of playing there as well; the boy has immense potential.

In fact I don't think we need any midfielders at all. Yes, Deco and Belletti are leaving (or have already left in Belletti's case), but we have young players like Jack Cork and Gael Kakuta who will be ready to make the step up next season. We have plenty of options in terms of going forward and going back, so midfield really isn't an option.

The only position I feel we can possibly improve on is out wide. Malouda is phenomenal but we seem to have an imbalance when Anelka is forced out wide. Kalou has his good days and his bad days; what we need is some young potential out wide, like Benfica's Angel di Maria.

I also think we need a goalkeeper like Sergio Asenjo to keep Petr on his toes. Cech played his best for Chelsea when he was pushed in training by Cudicini; Hilario and Turnbull just aren't good enough. True we have a really good selection of young goalkeepers like Taylor, Walker and Sebek and Matej Delac, but someone who has first division and European experience like Asenjo is what is needed to challenge Cech.
    Mikel one of the best holding midfielders in Europe :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    One of the best in the PL, wouldn't say one of the best in Europe.

Cech's position as number one hasn't been tested for years and years, and considering he won the golden gloves this season I'm pretty happy with him. Hasn't Asenjo been dropped for De Gea at Atletico? If he's getting replaced by 19 year old goalkeepers, then he's not in the right league to keep one of the best keepers in the world on his toes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    One of the best in the PL, wouldn't say one of the best in Europe.

Cech's position as number one hasn't been tested for years and years, and considering he won the golden gloves this season I'm pretty happy with him. Hasn't Asenjo been dropped for De Gea at Atletico? If he's getting replaced by 19 year old goalkeepers, then he's not in the right league to keep one of the best keepers in the world on his toes.
    Asenjo is only 20..?
    I dont think its the biggest insult in the world to be replaced by a 19 year old in that position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    How long would he stay if he ever came back? He'd win the CL and bugger off like he's done with two of his previous clubs. I can see us getting Real Madrid somewhere along the line in the CL next season. We might as well have Roma in the group stages too whilst we're at it, especially if Gallas goes there. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Mikel one of the best holding midfielders in Europe
    I've only seen one world-class performance by him. That was against Valencia in an intimidating atmosphere where no English club won there previously, in fact, nearly always lost (Arsenal, Liverpool and Leeds IIRC). Graveyard of English clubs until we came along. :cool: He might have had other great performances but I can't remember them right now. :o:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.