ReputationRep:
    Give them Hilario instead.

ReputationRep:
    Srna for 15m. No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...e-replacement/

Lads, we're signing Yossi apparently >_>

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...s-chelsea-link

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=1950310 =)

ReputationRep:
    I like Benayoun. Not a bad buy, especially if he comes along cheap and Joe Cole leaves. He's 30 too, so probably has another two seasons in him, which gives youngsters like Kakuta a decent amount of time to settle into the first-team and establish themselves gradually. I like, I like. Much better than demoralising the youngsters by buying this immensely gifted youngster from abroad - like Di Maria - and relying on him more than a product of our own youth system.

ReputationRep:
    And how much would Yossi cost? £6m transfer fee plus wages would be cheaper than holding to Joe Cole!?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he'd get the same wages Joe Cole is demanding. £100,000 a week, 400,000 a month, 4.8 million a year, and assuming he'd want a lengthy contract of 4 years, 19.2 million...

No idea what Yossi would be on, but I can't see him being on as long a contract, considering how old he is. 80k, maybe? 320,000 a month, 3.84 million a year, and if we did take him on for 3 years (to 33... which I reckon is unlikely), it'd be 11.52 million. Plus the 6 million he'll probably cost.

(Is it obvious I'm bored?)

ReputationRep:
    If Yossi could cost may be £2m cheaper for transfer fee and may be 60k a week I'd be happy. He is two years older than Joe Cole.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but he works out cheaper, and Joe Cole doesn't look like he'll sign a new contract unless it's more lucrative. If it's a choice between giving Joe Cole increased wages - when I don't think he deserves it - or him leaving and us getting a cheaper alternative, then Benayoun isn't a bad choice at all. It looks like we're cutting back on offering people super-contracts, and I like it.

ReputationRep:
    That's true.

ReputationRep:
    Benayoun would be welcome in the squad imho. A good dribbler, very tricky to play against, just the sort of player I'd like to see added to our squad. Under Carlo his age really wouldn't worry me all that much

If we can keep Joe Cole then we potentially would have the ability to play two tricky players down the flanks to upset teams that are playing overly defensive. Definitely would be good for turning things around in the second half tbf.

Would be satisfied if he signs although I don't think he's an improvement on Joe Cole whatsoever so I hope he's not a replacement.

ReputationRep:
    We have Bruno Demichelis who was repsonsible for setting up the Milan Lab which prolonged players' careers. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/2010/05/31/i...lsea-away-kit/

possibly the new away kit. ROFL now to sign up the X-Men :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It looks like one of our hideous goalkeeper shirts of recent seasons. Only worse.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord.

Seriously, why have our away kits been so bad recently...I say just have a plain white (all white) version of the home shirt - that'd look nice.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently instead of going to the US/Asia this summer because of the WC, we're doing a mini European tour - likely to be Ajax, Hamburg and Frankfurt.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: That kit is truly vile. Why are the football kits for all the teams gearing towards a truly awful season!

ReputationRep:
    New away shirt looks like some sort of pyjama top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Apparently instead of going to the US/Asia this summer because of the WC, we're doing a mini European tour - likely to be Ajax, Hamburg and Frankfurt.
    Weren't we supposed to be playing a top Spanish club as well? I think we should play at least one friendly against a non-league side once a year for 'value' reasons personally. I'll get :facepalm2:'d for suggesting it though.

Playing within Europe might help ease jet lag I'm guessing though.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.