Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Isometrix)
    http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/2010/05/31/i...lsea-away-kit/

possibly the new away kit. ROFL now to sign up the X-Men :rofl:
    Christ, and I thought United's new away kit looks bad. We're making Everton/Newcastle's kit look great (though I am starting to love the Toons' yellow. :coma:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Weren't we supposed to be playing a top Spanish club as well? I think we should play at least one friendly against a non-league side once a year for 'value' reasons personally. I'll get :facepalm2:'d for suggesting it though.
    That was a 'wembley tournament', don't think it'll go ahead though.

Reserves are mainly playing those sort of pre-season friendlies.

ReputationRep:
    10m for Yossi. No chance.

ReputationRep:
    I really need to go out and buy the Chelsea home/away especially if our away is going to look like that >>

ReputationRep:
    10m for Yossi. No chance.
    Benayoun is quality, don't know why he always starts on their bench :confused: But 10m for a thirty yr old? I thought the bad thing about the transfer ban was that our players were aging, yet we're replacing younger players with older ones?

EDIT:
    (Original post by The Guardian)
    Source: "An opening bid of £4m is understood to have been knocked back by the Merseyside club, though they have offered Chelsea encouragement that an improved offer of about £6m will secure the 30-year-old. Carlo Ancelotti is keen to sign the Israel international after talks with Cole's representative over a new deal reached an impasse, with the midfielder now expected to leave under freedom of contract next month."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfishy)
    Benayoun is quality, don't know why he always starts on their bench But 10m for a thirty yr old? I thought the bad thing about the transfer ban was that our players were aging, yet we're replacing younger players with older ones?

EDIT:
    Was just a response from reading the Daily Fail headline via Googling Chelsea in the news tab. I don't bother clicking on the Daily Mail any more because of the Triesman milarky. Just means I have to put up with glancing over any news containing the word Chelsea, the latest one was quite shocking. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Was just a response from reading the Daily Fail headline via Googling Chelsea in the news tab. I don't bother clicking on the Daily Mail any more because of the Triesman milarky. Just means I have to put up with glancing over any news containing the word Chelsea, the latest one was quite shocking. :eek:
    The ever reliable Daily Fail :rolleyes: 6mil for a 30yr olf though, yay or nay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfishy)
    The ever reliable Daily Fail 6mil for a 30yr olf though, yay or nay?
    The fact that he's 30 is not a big issue in itself for me, what is more important is what he would add to the team. I don't wish to deny a useful addition to the squad unfairly because of perceived oldness, but I don't want to be too reliant on our kids in case they're not good enough. It would also depend on what his wage demands are and how long the contract is for. I think 4m would be more appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that he's 30 is not a big issue in itself for me, what is more important is what he would add to the team. I don't wish to deny a useful addition to the squad unfairly because of perceived oldness, but I don't want to be too reliant on our kids in case they're not good enough. It would also depend on what his wage demands are and how long the contract is for. I think 4m would be more appropriate.
    I agree, 4mil is reasonable. If JCole does go, then he would be a very good replacement since he's probably about as clever a player. Can't see him playing for a full 90mins often, but he would definitely be an asset to any club I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Well, we had a 4m bid turned down for Yossi. He's not worth that much more ffs.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say £6m top, we're likely to get him on a three year deal IMO if he does come.

By the way, I have an m&s bra advert bottom right. Like it.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Stoch will be a regular/semi-regular for you now after his season for Twente?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...184418,00.html

Ahh good ol' Cech, hes staying put.

Umm Stoch well I hope so :P, hes got soo much potential!

and I just saw this...

Uhhh whaaat...O.o

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle444901.html

ReputationRep:
    Who do you guys think Cole has signed for? (see Redknapp's comments)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    Do you think Stoch will be a regular/semi-regular for you now after his season for Twente?
    No. And that's the problem, he wants regular football. Don't think he's got long on his contract left either, so a transfer is possible. I'd be disappointed because I would have liked to have seen him given a chance next season, it's just unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    It could be anyone, and there's also as much of a chance he'll stay here still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Wow. Droopy chops says nothing indicative on a player whose contract has expired and it gets put in the papers. He might have well gave a team name on who he signed since I don't think he can be guilty of tapping him up now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want him to leave actually

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember this? I don't know why footballers in general would need a wage increase when they're earning sooo much already.

ReputationRep:
    Can't be held for ransome though. Otherwise we might have well have kept Robben as well.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.