Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Joe Cole and Ballack released.

ReputationRep:
    Good. Need to cut down the self-inflicted wage bill.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0qIm7ZMXH

Not surprising.

And we're looking for our replacement already

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle453305.html

ReputationRep:
    No thanks, £5m more and we'd probably get Milner ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly surprising about Cole, although I thought Ballack was going to say - seemed like all the signs had pointed that he was going to.

Schweinstiger would be good, Milner too - I guess this means we'll definitely be in the hunt for a new CM (either that or let Matic have a bigger role, but given the injuries we've had this year I doubt Carlo will take that risk).

Ballack to Real; hmmm... I thought he'd go back to Germany to be honest but if Real want him he'll definitely go there. I still want to know where Joe is going to end up - it'll look wrong seeing him play at any other team in the league apart from us (and West Ham...)

ReputationRep:
    with both Deco and Ballack gone we'll definitely buy a high profile CM. Schweinsteiger would be a good buy, but £25m is far too much, around £15m would be acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    Deco hasn't gone yet, still has a year left on his contract. I'd be surprised if he didn't move on though. I'd like two out of Milner, Ireland, Fellaini and Yaya Toure in an ideal world.

ReputationRep:
    I am extremely disappointed that Cole is leaving, he's a quality player and Ancellotti didn't give him enough of a chance after coming back from injury.

He'll end up going to one of our rivals and proving Ancellotti and the board wrong and probably scoring against us.

ReputationRep:
    One thing Ancelotti did do is give him plenty of chances despite previous mediocre performances. Salomon Kalou's had a better season than him, he's actually been able to string together two good performances in a row.

How many real spells has Joe Cole shown to be a quality player at Chelsea in his 6 years here? Not enough to warrant the type of contract he was reportedly after is the answer.

If he does score against us in future games, so be it but this was a sensible decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    One thing Ancelotti did do is give him plenty of chances despite previous mediocre performances. Salomon Kalou's had a better season than him, he's actually been able to string together two good performances in a row.

How many real spells has Joe Cole shown to be a quality player at Cheslea in his 6 years here? Not enough to warrant the type of contract he was reportedly after is the answer.

If he does score against us in future games, so be it but this was a sensible decision.
    This. I'm a bit disappointed we let him go for free because had we done this at the start of the season we could have got a decent fee for him (of course, this would have meant losing his goal against Man U) and any club who gets him will have a real bargan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Deco hasn't gone yet, still has a year left on his contract. I'd be surprised if he didn't move on though. I'd like two out of Milner, Ireland, Fellaini and Yaya Toure in an ideal world.
    Deco's said hes gonna go though =o.

Reports got it that Toure is going to sign for Citeh. Ireland wants to leave so we could pick him up? Milner is giving indications he'll leave. City are gonna re bid for 30 mil.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Deco does go-not because he's a bad player, but because he's on very high wages and he's aging-the more that we can reduce our wage bill and avergae wage, the better.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like getting rid of players will help make funds available for one or two purchases with what would have been players' wages. Still interested in Yaya Toure but not for the price Barcelona are quoting given that he's African. Few extra million and we'd have Milner. Wonder how much Stephen Ireland would cost. Hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle454565.html

Not likin that.

Its fine, hes signed an extention =D

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle454855.html

ReputationRep:
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06...y-man-ireland/

Lol weren't we talkin bout him just recently :P

ReputationRep:
    12m would be a good deal. Him and Milner in Chelsea shirts next season = :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    12m would be a good deal. Him and Milner in Chelsea shirts next season = :coma:
    Wouldn't those 2 coming to Chelsea just fix what we need. Young talented midfielders. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    stoch gone to fenerbhache, that is a joke, he has talent should've kept him would have been useful coming off on the bench for the wings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK)
    stoch gone to fenerbhache, that is a joke, he has talent should've kept him would have been useful coming off on the bench for the wings...
    He wanted first team football, unfortunately we couldn't offer him that...

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully our kids will get more first team action, especially during the Carling Cup or something.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.