Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Hopefully our kids will get more first team action, especially during the Carling Cup or something.
    I think the five Carlo mentioned last season will all start the Carling Cup games plus be involved slightly more reguarly.

Apparently it's up to £7m (installments etc) for Stoch which isn't bad.

ReputationRep:
    2.5m initial payment though. Although I guess that's pretty good as he hasn't got a look-in with firs tteam football for us, nothing substantial to note.

ReputationRep:
    2.5m initial payment though. Although I guess that's pretty good as he hasn't got a look-in with firs tteam football for us, nothing substantial to note.
    Have heard 3.5m initially, either way to potentially be getting 7m from a player who's hardly ever played for us is pretty good going (although I'm still slightly disappointed he didn't get a proper opportunity here).

ReputationRep:
    Bagh. I have a feeling this'll bite us in the backside. He's played really well for FC Twente, why the hell didn't we just keep him for the season? We've lost Joe Cole anyway, just push him up in his place.

Mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Promote Kakuta.

ReputationRep:
    Quite enjoying the lack of rumours at the moment with Chelsea's transfer activity, for a change.

ReputationRep:
    We are institutionally preventing newspapers from filling up their back pages with rumours and, as a result, sell fewer copies. Ban the Daily Mail from Chelsea I say. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    You bought the league. I cant wait till Abramovich gets bored and leaves. You will be ******. All that money and you still cant win the Champions League and actually produce players from your academy. You have produced nobody.

ReputationRep:
    Every team buys the CL to an extent. And it's nothing new that teams don't produce from their academy and even win the thing, e.g. Inter. THe best side in this view would be Barcelona but I assume you're a bitter Man U fan?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...for-manchester

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...t-join-them-as

LADS! What a transfer rumour!!!!

We might buy him for 22 million! He's rejected and Chelsea walking in! Would love him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...for-manchester

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...t-join-them-as

LADS! What a transfer rumour!!!!

We might buy him for 22 million! He's rejected and Chelsea walking in! Would love him!
    Rejecting Man city for wanting CL football :rofl: Good lad. Ireland, Milner and Silva as potential buys?! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfishy)
    Rejecting Man city for wanting CL football :rofl: Good lad. Ireland, Milner and Silva as potential buys?! :coma:
    :coma:

Ireland and Silva = Cheaper pair options

Our midfield attack will be :coma:

Oh and Yaya Toure's agent says he wants him to join Chelsea and Barca should lower their valuation of him.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm we can't spend like we used to?

ReputationRep:
    Ummm we can't spend like we used to?
    We can dream can't we :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All Black Everything)
    You bought the league. I cant wait till Abramovich gets bored and leaves. You will be ******. All that money and you still cant win the Champions League and actually produce players from your academy. You have produced nobody.
    Except an England captain? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    and Vice-Captain :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    Carlton Cole too. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    Who originally was at West Ham. Anybody else of quality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All Black Everything)
    Who originally was at West Ham. Anybody else of quality?
    To be honest, it's rather picky saying that. Most players don't originally start at a certain club. But when a player is a school boy (14) when he joins, it's pretty much as 'home grown' as it gets.

Giggs is largely accepted as a product of United's academy, not city's for eg.

Besides, you said no body, and you have already been proved wrong. No one really needs to say much more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    To be honest, it's rather picky saying that. Most players don't originally start at a certain club. But when a player is a school boy (14) when he joins, it's pretty much as 'home grown' as it gets.

Giggs is largely accepted as a product of United's academy, not city's for eg.

Besides, you said no body, and you have already been proved wrong. No one really needs to say much more.
    Youve pretty much accepted that your academy is ****.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.