Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can we have some flair players please? k thx bai.

ReputationRep:
    What with their flashy tricks? Players who'll be destroyed by stoke city? no thanks.

ReputationRep:
    lawl J.Cole was the only "flair" player we had. loads of stepovers, but that was it.

ReputationRep:
    We're selling Mutu for 14mil. Oh...wait...

I likw how ppl are already talking of signing these Germans after one game (albeit a good win). Surely it's a little early? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not all flair players will get destroyed by a team like Stoke. If Stoke played against Barcelona you really think Stoke would win or something? No chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If Stoke played against Barcelona you really think Stoke would win or something? No chance.
    I think they'd stand a much better chance than mid to lower table sides in La Liga.

ReputationRep:
    Only if it was Premier League officiating. If it was La Liga officiating I wonder how many players Stoke will have left on the pitch...

ReputationRep:
    we let Stoch and Joe Cole go for Benayoun, what a ******* joke *gets pitch fork*

ReputationRep:
    Benayoun is a bargain at the prices being talked about. Liverpool's best player outside of Reina, Gerrard and Torres.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm no idea on Benayoun...

I'll reserve judgment...

ReputationRep:
    Will do well for Chelsea I imagine but his abilities seem to have been overhyped by a fair few people after a sparkling run of form in the second half of 08/09 season.

ReputationRep:
    He's a very good player who will be on about a third of the wages as your 'star' players.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given the green light to what would be the biggest domestic transfer in Premier League history, but will have to out bid Manchester City.

An insider close to the negotiations told Soccernet: "There have been two verbal offers for Torres, Chelsea are willing to pay £50 million, but Manchester City offered verbally £25 million more!

"Liverpool would naturally want the bigger sum, but Torres as made it perfectly clear that he won't be joining Manchester City, even though City would go as high as £200,000-a-week wages.

"Even so Chelsea would pay Torres £140,000-a-week and when you're at that level, the important thing for the player is to go to a club with Champions League football and the chance of winning the major honours.

The blues are also in the hunt to sign Yossi Benayoun from the Anfield club and Soccernet's source expects both players to be at Stamford Bridge next season.

"If you are asking my opinion both Torres and Benayoun will go to Chelsea, the Benayoun deal is very close to completion, but Torres won't be sorted out now until after the World Cup Finals."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=5739

ReputationRep:
    l o l

ReputationRep:
    xD

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we can have Pato towards the end of this contract. Now that is a dream. :love:

ReputationRep:
    "The newspaper claims that the Blues are willing to offer up to an enormous 70 million euros to the club of former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho to secure the services of the attacking right-back. Chelsea would also offer the 24-year-old a five-year contract worth 10 million euros annually.

Apparently, Real Madrid do not want to see Ramos leave, he made 40 appearances for the La Liga runners-up last campaign, scoring four goals and providing four assists. Ramos has a contract with Real worth 2.5 million euros a season until 2012/2013.

However, Real Madrid have yet to persuade Ramos to sign an extension and so the door has been left open for him to consider the possibility of a move to Stamford Bridge. 'Sport' suggests that Ramos may be interested in a move to Chelsea, or else he may be using it as a tactic to improve his bargaining position with Real.

Ramos himself appears to be playing his cards close to his chest, telling 'Sport', "I do not know where I will finish my career, because football takes many turns.""

http://www.imscouting.com/global-new...sea-move/8338/

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle468605.html

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Absolute crap that. Ramos isn't worth that and Chelsea are being much more frugal in their spending, especially wages.

Ramos has been poor for years now.

ReputationRep:
    Don't need a new defender anyway.

ReputationRep:
    True, I just thought it would be worthwhile posting this since we have a surplus of defenders :P

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.