Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City are all in for Werder Bremen's £20m-rated Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil (Daily Mail)"

"David Silva now wants to come to England and is choosing between Manchester City and Chelsea (The Guardian)"

=D

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back Robbie

Opening game is home to WBA.

ReputationRep:
    Am I supposed to be surprised that our first game is against West Brom?

ReputationRep:
    We have the Premier League in our back pockets!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-2003447.html

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know we play every one twice and that's the same for every one else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    As far as I know we play every one twice and that's the same for every one else!
    No way! I also heard that it's possible that there is a home game and an away game against each club, for every club. How unfair is that? Fergie must be getting mad.

ReputationRep:
    Anelka sent home from the WC.

The 31-year-old, who missed training on Saturday, hit back with a volley of insults, telling Domenech to "go f*** yourself, dirty son of a whore".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Anelka sent home from the WC.
    Don't mind in some ways, the French coach is rubbish and someone really needed to tell him that. Good one Anelka

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a shame really as I'm sure he'd miss the World Cup. That said, fresher legs for us.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, and he apparently might retire from international football ><

ReputationRep:
    It's been fairly quiet =O where are you guys!?
    xD

Anyway some updates on David Silva and our German transfers

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06...d-muller-bids/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...vid-Silva.html

"Llorente said: `We won't know where he is going this week because we're weighing up offers from three clubs and one of them is Chelsea. If Silva doesn't want to go (to City), the transfer isn't possible.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1289024/Chelsea-poised-hijack-Manchester-City-deal-29m-rated-Valencia-forward-David-Silva."

He wants Chelsea lol. What a midfield we would have with him :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I really hope we push for him, that'd be absolutely incredible. Ozil would be great too - not too sure about Muller mind, may prefer Schweinstiger if we're going down that route as he's more of a central Mid rather than attacking and with Silva and Ozil I think we'd have enough cover there.

ReputationRep:
    Silva would be an amazing addition. Stick him behind the striker, on either wing or even in the centre of midfield....i love versatile players. With J.Cole gone (and probably Deco too) we really need a creative midfielder.

ReputationRep:
    I think out of the three - Ozil, Silva and Muller I'd rather sign the last one. I think he'd adapt far better to the PL and to our team.

Where does David Silva usually play for Valencia?

ReputationRep:
    I think he plays in the centre, that saying only cause I saw a couple of Valencia games this season and he was centre. He plays on the Wing for Spain =o

ReputationRep:
    Anelka extends his contract until 2012. Excellent news to go along with Essien's one a few weeks back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Silva would be an amazing addition. Stick him behind the striker, on either wing or even in the centre of midfield....i love versatile players. With J.Cole gone (and probably Deco too) we really need a creative midfielder.
    Is he good on Football Manager?

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone want Muller? He's pants.

Ozil would be the best purchase but he'll probably stay in Germany (at a guess.) I've never really rated Silva but apparently they're all over him in Spain. Plus he did score a pretty decent goal against us a while back.

ReputationRep:
    He has some decent attributes, of which I'd be most keen on that little turn of pace he's got. He's not even at his peak yet, but I don't know if he'd become just another injury prone small player in the PL.

He would be good to see at the tip of the diamond. Probably better than anyone we have at the moment. However he does seem like the sort of player that looks world class against a team that comes out to play against you and a little bit average against those that sit back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Is he good on Football Manager?
    oh yes

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.