Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Carvalho is a scrote, and as such holds no particular love factor from me. If he wasn't good enough, I'd want him replaced by someone from the squad. Alex is the best back up centre back in the world, but unless we give him Terry's role in the defense there really isn't much chance for him to play right now. I'd rather give Ivanovic a shot tbh, as good as Alex is, I just can't think of anything more crazy (other than playing Hilario in midfield, like Jose wanted to back in the day...) than permanently putting them together. Even Agbonlahor could have a field day.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Carvalho, has everyone forgotten him completely single handedly pocketing Torres earlier in the season? He impressed the **** out of me at that day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Why don't YOU stop putting him down for no reason? You are the only Chelsea fan I know who preaches this sort of complete ********. Other than Terminator_X from talkchelsea, the biggest troll on the internet. You're being more of a fail than WHW tbh
    whatever mate, i'm not afraid of being honest and admitting when our players are performing badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Carvalho is a scrote, and as such holds no particular love factor from me. If he wasn't good enough, I'd want him replaced by someone from the squad. Alex is the best back up centre back in the world, but unless we give him Terry's role in the defense there really isn't much chance for him to play right now. I'd rather give Ivanovic a shot tbh, as good as Alex is, I just can't think of anything more crazy (other than playing Hilario in midfield, like Jose wanted to back in the day...) than permanently putting them together. Even Agbonlahor could have a field day.
    Yeah was thinking of Ivanovic when I typed that but haven't seen enough of him to see what he would be like as a centre back in the more long-term future at the club. It's a bit like Kalou. I've never really been a fan of him to be honest, and would have had him out over a year ago, but some people who thought I was jumping the gun back then are now calling for his departure.

I had a funny feeling we would drop points. Like previous seasons, we have failed to capitalise on Utd dropping points. It's like as if both teams agree to chuck points away just to make the league more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    whatever mate, i'm not afraid of being honest and admitting when our players are performing badly.
    Neither am I, read backwards in the original thread and you will find I have often be incredibly critical of the likes of Kalou, and many long since departed players like SWP, Pizarro, anyone who just isn't good enough to play for a team who wants to really go for the title.

J.Cole is a wonderfully skilled player who gives 100% even when no one else could give a ****. Him and Essien more or less single handedly carried us through the Grant era with their performances, and as soon as J.Cole starts banging in 2 goals a game his critics (you, one other guy.. who I'm pretty sure is a spud in disguise) will have nothing further to complain about. He will start scoring again inevitably, but I'm more interested in him getting some assists for Anelka and Drogba, and actually doing the job the AM role is there for (skillful dribbling and making play). Goals are a bonus to get from a skillful winger/playmaker, not a first requirement. But they will come, and when they do they will come thick and fast, mark my words.

Have you forgotten the last few seasons of great performances so quickly? Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Yeah was thinking of Ivanovic when I typed that but haven't seen enough of him to see what he would be like as a centre back in the more long-term future at the club. It's a bit like Kalou. I've never really been a fan of him to be honest, and would have had him out over a year ago, but some people who thought I was jumping the gun back then are now calling for his departure.

I had a funny feeling we would drop points. Like previous seasons, we have failed to capitalise on Utd dropping points. It's like as if both teams agree to chuck points away just to make the league more interesting.
    As soon as I heard Utd lost I knew we were going to **** up. Mentality has never really been a great thing for us in the last few years. I would have bet on a loss, were I a betting man.

ReputationRep:
    Also, barmy thought, was Mikel really worth the hassle? Does he justify his current inclusions in the line-ups? He showed a lot of promise in the past but I'm wondering if all of that was really 'deserved'. You know, at times I wonder if Scott PArker was better. Yes, I know, mental abberation tbfh.

ReputationRep:
    I like Mikel. He would look a lot better if he were paired with Essien, with Essien as a destroyer and Mikel as playmaker, but not one manager we've had has messed around with a 4-2-3-1 like that yet. Would love to see it, tbfh. We should have definitely held onto Scott Parker though, tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Refreshing to hear because there's been so much denial over Cech in this thread, particularly of late.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, does anyone know if Anelka is injured? If so, how long is he out for?

(Tinkering with my dream team) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Top o' the league.
    Wasn't trying to wind yuu guys up or anything :p:

I was just talking about how random this season is going, as soon as a team looks like they are on top, they end up messing up
    the next game, it's been a while since there has been a season like this. Can see it being one of the closest title races in a while and it won't only be a two horse race.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Anelka is dead.

Carvalho is the best defender in your team.

If he hasn't died from embarrassment already, because you're so comically awful.

We're closing in.

Arsene knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Refreshing to hear because there's been so much denial over Cech in this thread, particularly of late.
    I got a barrage from saying that few weeks, ridiculous. It's quite evident that the man can't handle balls the way he used to

ReputationRep:
    Why is Ballack still first team, he was **** today and is most days, what happend to Malouda? He's been one of our best when hes played, Ancelotti needs to keep trust in him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I got a barrage from saying that few weeks, ridiculous. It's quite evident that the man can't handle balls the way he used to
    He hasnt been able to really since his injury. But everyone still bums him. Only now are people finally realising hes a bit average. Just doesn't seem to communicate with his defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Also, barmy thought, was Mikel really worth the hassle? Does he justify his current inclusions in the line-ups? He showed a lot of promise in the past but I'm wondering if all of that was really 'deserved'. You know, at times I wonder if Scott PArker was better. Yes, I know, mental abberation tbfh.
    We played a lot better with Mikel on. Actually had possession of the ball, and allowed Ballack to cover the right slot defensively, although he couldn't offer anything going forward.

Scott Parker was just immense today, simply immense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Petr Cech was our best player today (although that isn't saying much). Comfortable with everything - and although he saved one here last year, you can't put too much blame on him not saving that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by douchebagz)
    Why is Ballack still first team, he was **** today and is most days, what happend to Malouda? He's been one of our best when hes played, Ancelotti needs to keep trust in him.
    No he hasn't. Absolutely invisable today like he's been in the past two months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    No he hasn't. Absolutely invisable today like he's been in the past two months.
    Ino, when germans start missing penalties, somethings not right.

ReputationRep:

its like Scolari all over again getting taste of this crumble aint you you lot!!?
    foreign mangers are nice and that but why dont you lot go for Gary Meggers or Dennis Wise like!!??

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.