Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Problem is though Essien's been injured for large parts of the past two seasons - can we rely on his fitness for next season? Mikel's missed the world cup through injury, so again there are concerns. Who do we have after that? Matic? Cork? Mancienne? We need central midfielders in.
    Good point, but we might as well try out McEachran and Matic-obviously not for a whole season, but giving them games are crucial.I'd personally prefer trying to sign Schweinsteiger to either Ireland/Toure-not that it matters due to Toure going to City.

ReputationRep:
    We know youngsters getting good game time is never going to happen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Apparently Milner's set to sign for them lot too
    How many midfielders are they trying to play on the pitch at any one time? :confused: If he goes to City it will be a big mistake because, as strange as it sounds, he could have more playing time with us. I think we could win the Champions League in the near future as many teams spend a fair few years of near misses before eventually winning it. Plus, with his contributions we could increase our own chances of retaining the Premier League. I'm not sure how much of the Terry challenge on him makes much difference. We've had two players who cheated on us in the Champions League who have since joined (and effectively departed - Deco and Ballack), and we're not the only team (Vermelaen was involved in an incident with van Persie before the former joined them).

I'd be pissed off we don't sign Milner. I was pissed off we didn't sign Pato. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    How many midfielders are they trying to play on the pitch at any one time? :confused: If he goes to City it will be a big mistake because, as strange as it sounds, he could have more playing time with us. I think we could win the Champions League in the near future as many teams spend a fair few years of near misses before eventually winning it. Plus, with his contributions we could increase our own chances of retaining the Premier League. I'm not sure how much of the Terry challenge on him makes much difference. We've had two players who cheated on us in the Champions League who have since joined (and effectively departed - Deco and Ballack), and we're not the only team (Vermelaen was involved in an incident with van Persie before the former joined them).

I'd be pissed off we don't sign Milner. I was pissed off we didn't sign Pato. :eek:
    you would want milner for 25 mill?...he isnt that good and has only had one good season

ReputationRep:
    How much money are you expecting to spend this summer then?

ReputationRep:
    I'll take a guess at one big signing £20-30m and two (comparatively) smaller ones £5-15m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    How much money are you expecting to spend this summer then?
    i dont mind if they spend 25 million but if we have only got one big signing, i dont want it to be james milner. If he was 15 million fair enough, sign him up. David silva jus went for 25mill, david villa went for like 29mill(fair enough he is older), they are talking about fabregas fee around 30 million. All of these players are better than milner....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK)
    i dont mind if they spend 25 million but if we have only got one big signing, i dont want it to be james milner. If he was 15 million fair enough, sign him up. David silva jus went for 25mill, david villa went for like 29mill(fair enough he is older), they are talking about fabregas fee around 30 million. All of these players are better than milner....
    Villa went for 40mil euros didnt he? Isnt that closer to 34mil?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football...up_slayer.aspx

I'm fine with that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Villa went for 40mil euros didnt he? Isnt that closer to 34mil?
    ohh yee, just seen it is 34 million, still, guys like sniejder and robben cost their respective clubs less than milner would. We should just look for cheaper options in other countries...

ReputationRep:
    Just depends how much you think Milner will improve over the years. He looked pretty good last season. I mean you wouldnt complain if he became the next Lampard would you?

ReputationRep:
    Just depends how much you think Milner will improve over the years. He looked pretty good last season. I mean you wouldnt complain if he became the next Lampard would you?
    lol obviously not, but he has only had one good season, i want to see if he can maintain that standard for another season. Iremember couple seasons back ashley young had a fantastic season and people were talking abotu 20 25 million fees for him, few seasons on he has stagnated and guys like milner and even adam johnson are now looking more impressive....

ReputationRep:
    lol obviously not, but he has only had one good season, i want to see if he can maintain that standard for another season. Iremember couple seasons back ashley young had a fantastic season and people were talking abotu 20 25 million fees for him, few seasons on he has stagnated and guys like milner and even adam johnson are now looking more impressive....
    Well then you're taking the risk on him wanting to still come to you later, him being transferred to another club like City, his value not rocketing to like 40mil, and assuming he'd develop better elsewhere (ie Villa) than he would at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    you would want milner for 25 mill?...he isnt that good and has only had one good season
    If he's our only signing then yes. In comparison he's a much better deal to Yaya Toure - another player that we'd miss over the Christmas period. As long as he keeps up what he's been doing then he'll be proven. Just a question of whether he can step up to our level. And, unlike African players, he has 100% availability.

ReputationRep:
    Well then you're taking the risk on him wanting to still come to you later, him being transferred to another club like City, his value not rocketing to like 40mil, and assuming he'd develop better elsewhere (ie Villa) than he would at Chelsea.
    If that hasn't happened already ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Silva...you sell out.

ReputationRep:
    Well, now that Hodgson has gone to Liverbundle and 'arry always loves his shopping, may be he might regret going to City IF they do not qualify for the Champions League in the next two seasons?

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few reports that Yossi is signing today for £5.5m.

ReputationRep:
    Bit overpriced given his role in Liverpool wasn't all that.

ReputationRep:
    Torres to Chelsea? It's looking like the only place he can go that isn't City.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.