Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would love Khedira here... :o:

More so than all the German team bar Muller.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/World_...085256,00.html

:yes:

ReputationRep:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=5739

buying Torres would definitely mean we'll be going back to diamond...that's if he can stay injury free anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I never want to see Torres in a Chelsea shirt.

ReputationRep:
    What a nonsense. I doubt we will sign him. Certainly, if we did bid for him, I would expect us to be bidding no higher than £27m/£28m. We operate sensibly these days.

ReputationRep:
    Don't want Aguero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    What a nonsense. I doubt we will sign him. Certainly, if we did bid for him, I would expect us to be bidding no higher than £27m/£28m. We operate sensibly these days.
    The lad's always injured. Liverpool will probably want a ridiculous sum of money for him, e.g. £40-£70 million. Given his injury record, why would you shell out all that money for him?!! I can imagine City doing this but not Chelsea, particularly given their respective financial philosophies at the present time.

ReputationRep:
    we just forked out £5.2m for a 17 year old centre back

ReputationRep:
    That will largely be in add-ons etc. And if we do pay that much eventually, it'll be good news as it probably means he'll be making appearances for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Why on earth would anyone here want Kaka? Not only is he almost past it but he'd cost an enormous fee.
    I don't want him. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Palace on Saturday? I ammmm.

Also, quite cool story - a friend of mine who is doing some Law VAC scheme was working with a girl who did the same thing for the firm that Bruce Buck is a Partner of...turns out she listened in on conference calls between Buck and Roman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Your off your head. You wouldn't even get both his legs for 28m.

He cost 20m when we bought him 3 seasons ago, when he was unproven and before the transfer market inflated thanks to City and Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly why I don't think we will be signing him :holmes:

All I was saying in that post was that about £28m is about as much as I would expect us to be putting forward, we don't consider it value to spend more than that anymore, not even for Torres, imho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Exactly why I don't think we will be signing him :holmes:

All I was saying in that post was that about £28m is about as much as I would expect us to be putting forward, we don't consider it value to spend more than that anymore, not even for Torres, imho.
    Furry muff.

You won't be getting much for 28m nowadays with city sniffing around though.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Carvalho is in Milan securing a move away. If this is true, strong likelihood of Bruno Alves coming to Chelsea.

OK, it's wikipedia, but check out what it says just for interest:

On 9th July reports surfaced that Bruno Alves was at Chelsea's training base, Cobham, undergoing medicals. Bruno Alves' agent, Jorge Mendes, confirmed this in the Portugese media saying "I can confirm that Bruno (Alves) is at Chelsea taking a medical. A fee was agreed between the two clubs last night and Bruno will sign a four year deal once personal terms have been agreed." Chelsea F.C have declined to comment.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Alves

again, i'm not stating any of this like it's fact.

ReputationRep:
    No thanks. There is honestly a wide range of players who I'd welcome here, providing they're players in positions that we need. Bruno Alves does not at all fit into that. **** off.

Let's give away the best Portuguese defender, and sign the second or third best ffs.

ReputationRep:
    it's not giving him away when he himself wanted to leave last summer and still probably still does.

ReputationRep:
    Bruno Alves rumours happen every summer, tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Your off your head. You wouldn't even get both his legs for 28m.

He cost 20m when we bought him 3 seasons ago, when he was unproven and before the transfer market inflated thanks to City and Madrid.
    Not really unproven as such. In English football, sure. But it's not like hardly nobody knew about him before he moved to Liverpool. There's always a chance he might not do well in England though if that is what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Not really unproven as such. In English football, sure. But it's not like hardly nobody knew about him before he moved to Liverpool. There's always a chance he might not do well in England though if that is what you mean.
    That's what i was getting at, and the fact he was nowhere near as prolific for Athletico as he is for us.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.