Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Probably best.

ReputationRep:
    Palace on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    New Away kit:

ReputationRep:
    Unusual, I'm undecided if it's nice or not. I'll probably go for not as I hate black kits.

ReputationRep:
    Oh it's horrific once again. Why do we keep going for black kits...go back to white or yellow

ReputationRep:
    i bought the new home jersey yay! i love the red stripes

anyway, possible signing of torres, lukaku and aguero, what do u guys think?

ReputationRep:
    agureo and lukaku yes, loan lukaku back for a season though.

ReputationRep:
    Essien's starting tomorrow. :woo:

Possible line up: Cech; Hutchinson, Bruma, Alex, Van Aanholt; Essien, Matic, Mikel; Sinclair, Di Santo, Sturridge.

With 11 subs coming on throughout second half.

ReputationRep:
    Was a little different to what I expected - McEachran started and not Sinclair and Bertrand isntead of Hutchinson. Was in the diamond formation, hopefully that was just to accomodate the players we have rather than something that will be used this season.

Good game, all 20+ that played bar four or five were youngsters (Chalobah being the youngest at 15 who came on) produced largely good performances, especially Van Aanholt and Bertrand. Disappointed with Sturridge and Di Santo today though.

Great to see Essien back.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should've won by more than one goal against a team such as crystal palace, but still, a win is a win

ReputationRep:
    plastics

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge and Di Santo were absolutely diabolical

McEachran ran the show, if he puts on a little more bulk and mature's a bit he'll be a great player. Sinclair impressed me when he came on and Bruma / Bertrand played reasonably well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Sturridge and Di Santo were absolutely diabolical

McEachran ran the show, if he puts on a little more bulk and mature's a bit he'll be a great player. Sinclair impressed me when he came on and Bruma / Bertrand played reasonably well.
    I didn't see the game , sounds good then, we got some nice players coming

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't say McEachran ran the show tbh, went missing at times as you do in that 'hole' position, I'd guess when he will be more involved in a few years time he'll play on the left.

ReputationRep:
    The 'hole' position is always a weird one as it is designed in such a way to make a player seem great or awful, it is an incredibly tough position to perform to an acceptable standard consistently.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, especially when you're at the tip of a diamond rather than a 4231. Lampard and J.Cole were pretty **** at it at the start of the season, the only player to really do well in that role for us was Deco but even he was inconsistent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I agree, especially when you're at the tip of a diamond rather than a 4231. Lampard and J.Cole were pretty **** at it at the start of the season, the only player to really do well in that role for us was Deco but even he was inconsistent.
    :yep: in a diamond you leave the 'hole' player incredibly isolated and in a ridiculously cramped position especially in a faster paced league such as the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jthr5d4WYR4
    lol Essien is sick

ReputationRep:
    well j.cole as joined liverpool on a 4 year deal, anybody got any thoughts onn this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    well j.cole as joined liverpool on a 4 year deal, anybody got any thoughts onn this?
    Better than him going to Tottenham (or Arsenal.)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.