Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Apparently there were problems with Ramires because of the ridiculous third-party ownership stuff with Kia Joorabchian. Ancelotti's said he's definitely going in for two more players (don't know if that includes Ramires) before the end of the transfer window. Also, is Bosingwa going to start the game against West Brom?
    Unlikely, Bosingwa's still injured last I heard. And anyway I would think Branna would retain his place at right back and Bosingwa to fight his way back, hes done a splendid job there.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, Ramires is now a Chelsea player.

(subject to work permit shiz, probably.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Apparently, Ramires is now a Chelsea player.

(subject to work permit shiz, probably.)
    ... And a medical. Pretty much a done deal though :yep: N.B. Apparently we get "full rights" for him too, so none of that 3rd party rubbish, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Exciting stuff. Hopefully Mikel will really come into his own this year, ever since he joined its been blindingly obvious how huge a talent he has on the ball, and finally we have Carlo who seems to be looking to put him to use (presuming, of course, that Ramires is not being signed to shunt Mikel onto the bench.. It seems unlikely, considering Carlo has been completely dependant on Mikel through preseason).

We still ideally need to sign someone in the breed of Neymar though

ReputationRep:
    Ya i thought after Mikel came back from AFCON he was playing excellent and that continued until he missed out on the last couple of games due to injury. 2 out of Ramires, Mikel and Essien will always be picked so all should play enough games.

ReputationRep:
    Singha jumping on the sponsorship wagon.. Not that bad a beer either, tbh. Don't particularly think we need any extra Thai fans though :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Ya i thought after Mikel came back from AFCON he was playing excellent and that continued until he missed out on the last couple of games due to injury. 2 out of Ramires, Mikel and Essien will always be picked so all should play enough games.
    Agreed.

Would think Ramires and Essien would be first choice? or would it be Mikel and Essien?

Another pre-season loss ><, we all still confident bout Sunday's clash?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Another pre-season loss ><, we all still confident bout Sunday's clash?
    no, i think we'll lose. need Cech.

ReputationRep:
    Turnbull needs to really turn up, otherwise we could get embarassed... His performances so far have been pretty terrible. I would prefer Hilario, tbh. He may have made a horrendous mistake recently but I still believe him a much more able keeper (and indeed I remember his stellar performance against Liverpool in the PL at the Bridge not so long ago).

To be honest, it will be difficult for us to win. Carlo has said we're a couple of weeks away from really being ready to play football at a decent level. Drogba will probably only be about to play 45 minutes. It will come down mainly to Lampard and Essien combining in midfield, which SAF will be able to counter act without us having more to offer from around the pitch to unsettle them.

Our defending so far also has been pretty shoddy. However.. these have all been preseason games. It wouldn't surprise me if a completely different bunch of players show up to what we have been seeing so far...

And let us all hope Zhirkov is not seen at left back again.. that back pass, insanity.. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I thought Zhirkov played very well last yr at left back, just looked very rusty yesterday.

I think Cech's back for the opening PL game.

ReputationRep:
    How are Man Utd coming up to the game? They can't be too much better to be honest, exact same team as last year.

ReputationRep:
    Zhirkov never impressed me at left back, tbh. He's done an alright job there most of the time although I find he is quite hesitant at getting forward at times. He seems to like to get a little bit forward and then wait for ages, waiting for the ball, rather than running past people and then asking for the ball.

Would much rather see him further up the field. A definite improvement on Bridge though imho :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfishy)
    ... And a medical. Pretty much a done deal though :yep: N.B. Apparently we get "full rights" for him too, so none of that 3rd party rubbish, hopefully.
    Yeah, we get full rights. Third party ownership is against the rules of the premier league.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea have had a pretty bad pre season. Lets hope it continues into the new season too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    How are Man Utd coming up to the game? They can't be too much better to be honest, exact same team as last year.
    Pretty much the same yeah, Hernandez has shown a bit of potential but it's too early to know just how much impact he can have. Players like Rafael and Nani looked good towards the end of the season so we're hoping for some improvement from them as well, but that could be countered by Giggs, Scholes etc declining :dontknow:

Still a few weeks to go though :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, think community shield lies in United court, without Cech we seriously lack in goal and our back line needs to wake up a bit. I think its cause Riccy's dreaming Madrid and forgets to defend, how easily was he passed against Hamburg for the goal =O. Anyway hoping for an improvement on sunday =) Lol would be nice to have Ramires by then xD

ReputationRep:
    Joe Cole looks good in red

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    20mil for Ramirez is far over priced.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, although 18m sounds perfect.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle545621.html

Lol, very unlikely since Ancelotti needs only one more player but its a Benfica Raid rofl.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.