ReputationRep:
    Thoughts for the line up tomorrow? I'd like to see the following:

Cech
    Ivanovic Carvalho Terry A.Cole
    Mikel
    Essien-----------Malouda
    Lampard
    Anelka--Drogba

Choices based on recent performances really. I don't think Deco or J.Cole have been particularly impressive, whereas Malouda has done alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Thoughts for the line up tomorrow? I'd like to see the following:

Cech
    Mikel
    Essien-----------Malouda
    Lampard
    Anelka--Drogba

Choices based on recent performances really. I don't think Deco or J.Cole have been particularly impressive, whereas Malouda has done alright.
    I really don't trust Mikel enough for him to play in the big games - he was terrible at times against Arsenal.

And yes, the away kit is cursed..purely 'cos it's so bloody ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    I really don't trust Mikel enough for him to play in the big games - he was terrible at times against Arsenal.

but Essien is so much more effective in a central role. who else can play DM? Ballack?

ReputationRep:
    what score do u guys predict.......2-0 to chelsea against mancity

ReputationRep:
    2-1 to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)

He wasn't much worse than Essien. And what's this about not trusting Mikel in big matches? Both FA Cup finals against United and Everton he was fantastic.

Ballack + Essien likely to start tomorrow though. Joey or Deco? Or neither?

ReputationRep:
    Mikel is an underrated player if ever there was one. He's one of those players that allows others to thrive.....

ReputationRep:
    i'm a huge fan of Mikel. he's only like 22 too, he needs to be nurtured and given as much game time as possible. i hate using Essien as a DM, such a waste of his talent.

ReputationRep:
    i'm a huge fan of Mikel. he's only like 22 too, he needs to be nurtured and given as much game time as possible. i hate using Essien as a DM, such a waste of his talent.
    Well it's his best position in the diamond...

Mikel's arguably a waste of talent too when playing in defensive midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Well it's his best position in the diamond...

Mikel's arguably a waste of talent too when playing in defensive midfield.
    like hell it is!

ReputationRep:
    I have a really bad feeling about this Man City match!

ReputationRep:
    Mikel just is too lazy on the ball, seems to get caught in possession quite a lot - in the Arsenal game he was very frustrating in that respect. I'm just never filled with confidence whenever I see him playing - admittedly he does have games where he's brilliant but often I just think he's a little too lax..

As for the game, I think we'll scrape a narrow win.

ReputationRep:
    Official line up for today:

Cech
    Essien
    Ballack----------Lampard
    Deco
    Anelka--Drogba

Adebayor
    Robinho Tevez SWP
    Barry De Jong
    Bridge Toure Lescott Richards
    Given

ReputationRep:
    NO, not the ******* away kit :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Bang. Goal.

ReputationRep:
    Annoying stuff. **** passes. Handball. Drogba needs to stop being offside... but his freekick was beautiful. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    handball...

ReputationRep:
    Very poor first half from us. Apart from the goal we've done very little. Slow on and off the ball. No urgency. Trying to stroll around players.

Really need to up the game in the second half or I could see us conceding 1-2 more quite easily.

Deco off for Joey Cole at half time I think. He's usually crap Deco, and Joe Cole can add a bit more pace and flair to the game.

ReputationRep:
    handball...

It's not like he could get out of the way of it, it shouldn't be classed as a handball. As much as I dislike to concede goals, it was the correct decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    It's not like he could get out of the way of it, it shouldn't be classed as a handball. As much as I dislike to concede goals, it was the correct decision.
    mate did you see it? he saw the ball and drew both his hands up. if he wanted to avoid it all he had to do was move his legs, not his arms. even the commentators agreed it was handball.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.