Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some "itk"s have come out saying the work permit was denied, but that we have an appeal hearing on Thursday.

Signing Brazilians is always a nightmare :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Stick to Portuguese. Much easier to sign :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    What's this crazy talk of Carvalho leaving for Real Madrid for only 8mil?

ReputationRep:
    He's 32 and has lost a lot of pace, and his defensive partner is Terry... 8-10 million sounds about right tbh. Its not City that's bidding, ffs. If Carvalho wants to rejoin up with Mourinho, then so be it. I have a lot more faith in our backups than last year... The difference between them and Carvalho is now neglible, imho. Although I have not forgotten Carvalho taking Torres out of the game at the Bridge last season, tbh :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, wasn't expecting that at 12:18 am lol.

So we're awaiting the work permit for Ramires and Ancelotti is going for that other defender. So its Terry - Alex first choice now, with Branna coming in 2nd and when Bosingwa is fit, its a fight for the right back position as is the centre back position for Ivanovic. We're going for a right back aren't we, cause Beletti left. Cmon lads get them signings in.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Carvalho, sad to see him go. Hope he wins La Liga, he deserves it :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    I really like Carvalho, sad to see him go. Hope he wins La Liga, he deserves it :adore:
    Agreed, I really liked him, quick and agile. Will be remembered for a long time here at Chelsea Good Luck Riccy, just don't us in the CL or Didier might have a poke at you :P

I heard a while ago the reason hes going there is cause, him and Ramos will Real's new CBs.

ReputationRep:
    So your centre backs are now, Terry, Alex and Ivanovic, although he'll be needed at RB. Isn't Alex injured as well?

Who do you think you're signing?

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz's name is being constantly mentioned, but I don't know if it will be him. It might just be a case of one of the academy graduates moving up to serious contention.

ReputationRep:
    You can't go into the season with 3 established centre backs, one of whom would be playing at right back. You have to sign someone

ReputationRep:
    Carlo seems to put a lot of faith in Ferreira, so it might not bother him so much (he could move Ivanovic to CB full time).

We have some very good young centre backs that can step up in an injury crisis. Hard to say what the plan is, really. I don't see how we can sign a top CB and continue to keep Alex happy. And who is there that we can sign as a backup that'll be better than the academy players? :dontknow:

I guess losing Belletti and Carvalho might be a little much, but its hard to say how much Carlo has faith in the academy graduates. All the signs so far is that they are ready to step up if the day comes when they are needed.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to join a while ago and haven't heard from anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry buddy, I am really **** at checking the join requests (unfortunately you don't get any notice to tell yuo someone has requested to join). Jimi Haze waited for a few months if I remember!

Welcome :gah: Your thoughts on the Carvalho sale and what should happen now? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plato's Trousers)
    I applied to join a while ago and haven't heard from anyone.
    What, join Chelsea? I don't think they sign people that way :no:

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Sorry buddy, I am really **** at checking the join requests (unfortunately you don't get any notice to tell yuo someone has requested to join). Jimi Haze waited for a few months if I remember!

Welcome :gah: Your thoughts on the Carvalho sale and what should happen now? :holmes:
    Well, that was easy! Good man. Thanks.

First of all, how about the interesting bit of business whereby we give the scousers the wonderful Joe Cole for nothing and we pay them £5.5m to get Benayoun in return..? Hmm...

As for Ricky. Well. A bit too upset to comment just now. Those two always were close (Mourinho and him).

Haven't caught up with the threads but I am not hugely delighted at losing four pre season friendlies on the spin either. As a mate of mine said the other day, "When you're champions, the only way is down"

ReputationRep:
    I like Benayoun, but J.Cole was always one of my favourite players for us. But he wanted ridiculous wages, despite whatever ******** he may say about "club politics" :jester:

Hutchinson and Bruma to step up as 4th and 5th choice CBs/RBs. Doesn't seem that crazy to me, tbh. Don't think we need to sign anyone to that position just for the sake of it. If we absolutely have to we always have Essien, and possibly Ramires soon, who could deputise at RB if they must. At CB we have 3 really experienced, top class players, and 2 young players who have proven themselves to be of a high quality. I've seen them both play a few times in person and been ALWAYS impressed; not so much gob smacked at how amazing they are, more completely relaxed watching them play.

Both are better than Ben Haim ever was :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really bothered by our preseason performance, although its really highlighted our over dependance on the talents of the almighty Didier :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I've nothing against Benayoun. Not a bad player. But hardly in Joey's class.

Agree about Ben Haim

ReputationRep:
    If Carlo puts faith in Paulo Ferraira I've lost faith in him, he's absolutely shocking - I'd rather see Bruma or Hutchinson there to be honest.

Starting to get a little concerned about the depth of our squad at the moment, we struggled a little bit as it was last year - now it's just been made more difficult. Really need to recruit 2 or 3 more players before the end of the window.

ReputationRep:
    So according to FiveLive, Stevie G would boo England too.

Great!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.