Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    we didn't deserve to lose 6-0, i hope you agree.

we had promising play, if it were not for a few stupid mistakes.. the results could've been say 3-1?

ah well, long season ahead for the baggies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morg)
    we didn't deserve to lose 6-0, i hope you agree.

we had promising play, if it were not for a few stupid mistakes.. the results could've been say 3-1?

ah well, long season ahead for the baggies.
    If you manage to teach your defenders that they've got to actually stay together in a wall and not split - and generally sort out the organisation you could be ok. You guys knocked i around quite well and Jerome Thomas / Dorrans did look promising - as said, your season probably starts next weekend at home to Sunderland....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    If you manage to teach your defenders that they've got to actually stay together in a wall and not split - and generally sort out the organisation you could be ok. You guys knocked i around quite well and Jerome Thomas / Dorrans did look promising - as said, your season probably starts next weekend at home to Sunderland....

i agree entirely. the wall splitting was just downright embarrassing, that's sunday league football!

god i've missed the prem

ReputationRep:
    team bounced back very well after the community shield. midfield of Lampard, Essien, Mikel is solid. don't know if Ramires would replace Mikel and Essien dropping back to DM, but until he establishes himself in the team we should stick to these three. also i feel Essien is a much better player when playing in a central role.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...-kakuta-report

Tad worrying or should it be ignored?

Ancelotti did say Gael would play more this time round so yeah..

ReputationRep:
    Ignored. Although we should get his contract sorted out... apparently it runs out at the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Aight wow, if it does then we should =O. Think he'll make the bench for the Wigan game?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, but quite obvious and rightly the likes of Kalou, Sturridge and Benayoun are ahead of him on the sub bench.

ReputationRep:
    This is his first year trying to step up to the first team. He's still got a lot to learn before he's ready to play in the PL regularly. He has undeniable skill but he needs to mature a lot before he will really be able to give us any impact.

If he's not going to play for us much this season I'd sooner ship him out on loan to another PL team that will play him every week, under someone like Steve Bruce.

ReputationRep:
    Ferreira should be starting on the bench next...

He was all over the place to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else remember all those weird pictures of apple crumble posted in this thread last season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...-kakuta-report

Tad worrying or should it be ignored?

Ancelotti did say Gael would play more this time round so yeah..
    A regular starting spot in a team that includes Ribery and Robben....

Although that said, Robben is constantly injured.

Bugger off Munich, he's going to be awesome - we really need to bring him through this season - I'd like to see him play all the Carling cup games and get on the subs bench a fair bit.

ReputationRep:
    Domestic cup starts and a few cameo's in the PL I say.

Bruma is the only youngster that has a role of any importance this year.

ReputationRep:
    Decision on Neymar to be made this week.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...316991,00.html

and Ramires gets no.7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Decision on Neymar to be made this week.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...316991,00.html
    Think he'll sign.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he's already handed in a transfer request. they still expect us to match the release clause which is hampering the deal.

ReputationRep:
    I think Neymar's said he's staying at Santos. Quite happy about that tbh, the reported prices were far too high.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he will sign. Looks a promising prospect but I don't want us risking stupid money on him :dontknow:

Would sooner see us spend 30m on Aguero, who again I'm not that bothered by at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    I doubt he will sign. Looks a promising prospect but I don't want us risking stupid money on him :dontknow:

Would sooner see us spend 30m on Aguero, who again I'm not that bothered by at the moment.
    Yeah, would rather spend it on a proven? striker. Not saying for a minute that Neymar isn't good enough, but think he'll stay with Santos and play with the first team over there than sit on the bench here tbh. It's fine, its not like im Biased towards Aguero xD

ReputationRep:
    I love how good our team is at the moment.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.