Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Lampard will have hernia surgery and won't play in England's games. Think that tells us why he wasn't at the races today.

ReputationRep:
    JT's got Hamstring and Glute muscles and misses Englands games too D:

ReputationRep:
    Will Lampard miss games for us? So glad we signed Ramires.

Ramires Essien Mikel
    Anelka Malouda

A damn good midfield in itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Will Lampard miss games for us? So glad we signed Ramires.

Ramires Essien Mikel
    Anelka Malouda

A damn good midfield in itself.
    He's out for a fortnight so I think he misses Blackpool home and West Ham away? He'll be fit by the time we get to City and arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    international break...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...ix-weeks-with-

ReputationRep:
    Bosingwa is nearing match fitness, which is what I read a week or so ago. Until then in Paulo we trust.

Will Terry and Lampard be fit for the next PL game?

ReputationRep:
    Would expect Terry to be, not sure about Lamps though.

Really should have bought a defender to cover injuries since Carvalho's departure and the new signings plus Mancienne heading out on loan again. I don't see why we don't just sell Mancienne if Ancelotti's not going to give him a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we tried to but they wouldn't match our asking price. He's never convinced me at CB though anyway. Bruma will hopefully do a good job as cover but after that we're into Essien/Ferreira as CB land.

ReputationRep:
    Ferreira as CB? Good lord - he's weak enough playing at right back.

A little disappointed we didn't strengthen the squad - I know it's all ok at the moment but it does seem a little thin on the ground in places (mainly at the back) - a few injuries could **** us up a little.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i agree, instead of replacing Carvalho with another established defender of a similar level we've just gone and promoted a youngster who (judging from his first team apps last season) isn't quite ready to be one of our 4 permanent CBs.

ReputationRep:
    Di Santo signs for Wigan.

ReputationRep:
    Well at least we've finally got rid of Di Santo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Di Santo signs for Wigan.
    Good ******* riddance.

ReputationRep:
    I still like Di Santo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    That rules out me ever seeing them again. The Chelsea v Arsenal games were a treat.
    What's the craic with seeing reserve games? I fancy going and seeing some as I'm living in London now, but don't know what the procedure is, where do you buy tickets from etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    What's the craic with seeing reserve games? I fancy going and seeing some as I'm living in London now, but don't know what the procedure is, where do you buy tickets from etc?
    Turn up on the night wherever it's being held. Tickets are usually under a fiver.

ReputationRep:
    That is a far better system... but when they're at the Bridge you have to book before online now. :X

They are very irregular anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Ferreira as CB? Good lord - he's weak enough playing at right back.

A little disappointed we didn't strengthen the squad - I know it's all ok at the moment but it does seem a little thin on the ground in places (mainly at the back) - a few injuries could **** us up a little.
    Seconded

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.