Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Ramires didn't thrust the midfield forward, which I believe was his job. Tevez was given far too much space and seemed to attract a lot of fouls, which slowed play down and frustrated Chelsea.

One loss in six games. That's fine, expecially considering how poor everyone else has been.
    I think the biggest problem with Ramires is that he didn't cover his defensive duties. The other 5 cm players did (Mikel, Essien, De Jong, Barry & Toure), he was the odd one out. And he kept being caught out on the ball which led to their goal.

Thanks for the perspective. Apparently you aren't allowed to lose games away from home against top opposition if you want to win the league thoguh. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    thank **** frank is bad next week, ramires was out of his depth today. Let the side down, though we didnt have too many great performers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I think the biggest problem with Ramires is that he didn't cover his defensive duties. The other 5 cm players did (Mikel, Essien, De Jong, Barry & Toure), he was the odd one out. And he kept being caught out on the ball which led to their goal.

Thanks for the perspective. Apparently you aren't allowed to lose games away from home against top opposition if you want to win the league thoguh. :rolleyes:
    Apparently. It's fine to lose to Blackburn though.

Ramires did get caught out, led to the goal. Does Lampard do the defensive duties when playing? Never noticed.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose Arsenal are going to win the title now :o:

Tight game, draw was probably the fair result. City got a lot of joy down Ivanovic's side but I don't think Chelsea's performance was that bad at a difficult place. Not many teams will go to Eastlands and win - they have one hell of a midfield.

ReputationRep:
    no one is saying chelsea won't win the title. but this match was a better indication of how dangerous chelsea are this season and they look distinctly less invincible. lacked all potency against a defence that can defend.

ReputationRep:
    It is a better indication, but Man City did the double over Chelsea last season. Arsenal also lost away to Man City last season. Manchester United scored winners in injury time both home and away in the league and lost away to them in the CC. Man City are a team full of quality now.

ReputationRep:
    Man City are inconsistent, they seem to build it up for the big games, but struggle to overcome mid-table teams at times.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently. It's fine to lose to Blackburn though.

Ramires did get caught out, led to the goal. Does Lampard do the defensive duties when playing? Never noticed.
    Yes... I think he covers the left side much better than Essien covers the right.

(Original post by kim.gordon)
    no one is saying chelsea won't win the title. but this match was a better indication of how dangerous chelsea are this season and they look distinctly less invincible. lacked all potency against a defence that can defend.
    If another team wants to set up with three players as good defensively and as disciplined as Toure, Barry and De Jong were then good luck. Yes, they found us out today but I don't think any other side can boast that sort of defensive wall.

ReputationRep:
    Man City are inconsistent, they seem to build it up for the big games, but struggle to overcome mid-table teams at times.
    Yes, they are a good example of why you need to beat the lower teams to finish somewhere high. But apparently they're all rubbish now.

ReputationRep:
    Missed Lampard a lot.

Ramires has not got used to the league what so ever yet.

Playing at a low tempo lost us the game.

ReputationRep:
    cmon the ALBION!!!

ReputationRep:
    I guess that's a positive about today - hopefully Bolton can continue this trend of upsets tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Another promising cameo from McEachran too. One skill on a citeh player was amazing. A shame a couple players snubbed passing to him when he was in good positions higher up the field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    1st test failed
    (Original post by kim.gordon)
    thank you ladies xoxoxoxoxo
    you fails. wait till your fixture is finished before commenting on our result yeh? rookie mistake :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Another promising cameo from McEachran too. One skill on a citeh player was amazing. A shame a couple players snubbed passing to him when he was in good positions higher up the field.
    i love Mac, he could easily turn into our next Lampard.

ReputationRep:
    Thought he bought Adebayor down in the box. Ref prob looked at the size of both of them and thought it was impossible though!

ReputationRep:
    Was there much in this Boyata penalty? Was the complete other end to me so I've no clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppasloth)
    Was there much in this Boyata penalty? Was the complete other end to me so I've no clue.
    They (his barges) shouldn't have been allowed. Referee never going to give one though unless he's running onto a through ball and it happened.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. That young lad looked quite good. Where's he come from and how old?

ReputationRep:
    17 and Oxford (for a change).

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.