Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To be fair to him he's done to Song what Milner did to him last weekend.

Learning quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I love seeing Drogba and Alex behind the ball for a free kick. Defenders be cryin' :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Alex's thunderbolt was world class O_o

lol yeah Defender's think "This is gonna hurt" lol.

We unleashed the Drog. That's right premier league watch out for the Drog xD.

Let's be fair, apart from one good pass Ramires has not looked very good, has not adapted yet and simply does not look good enough, yet. When Lampard's back, then Lamps, Essien and Mikel is obviously the top 3, and I'd even want Benayoun playing ahead of Ramires when Lampard is out of the team. Ramires should be back up to Essien.

ReputationRep:
    Alex out for 3 weeks, urgh. Is Bosingwa ready to play?

ReputationRep:
    We're told after the international break. That said, I would be surprised if he's thrown in for a quick & open game at Villa Park. I reckon we will see him against Wolves the weekend after at SB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Alex out for 3 weeks, urgh. Is Bosingwa ready to play?
    I know. Is this Jeffrey Bruma's chance, or do you think we'll go with Cole-Terry-Ivanovic-Ferreira?

ReputationRep:
    Could I be in, I just love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Cole-Terry-Ivanovic-Ferreira?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    yossi out for several months apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Dropping like flies... Luckily the rest of the league is ****-o.

Do not remember.

Do remember. (29 game unbeaten run ended :gah:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    yossi out for several months apparently.
    That's a blow

I suppose one positive is that it means more game time for McEachran...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    That's a blow

I suppose one positive is that it means more game time for McEachran...
    I hope so.

IMO we need to do with McEachran what Arsenal are doing with Wilshere....

ReputationRep:
    Nah, wilshere is over a year older and has had half a season at Bolton. Much more ready to play. If some of our midfielders were as **** as theirs though I may have a different opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Bosingwa. Our second attacking fullback back soon.

I'm hoping Alex doesn't lose his spot when he gets back. Prefer him to Ivanovic.

ReputationRep:
    He definitely won't. His and Terry's understanding is great.

However, it will give Carlo the luxury of giving Terry or Alex the occasional rest knowing Bran is there to fill in in a semi difficult game. I would be pleasantly surprised if Bosingwa really gets things going before Jan too.

I know his contract is up at the end of the season, and maybe Ivanovic too. I think the former needs to put a few games together to prove he can hit that fitness level once again before we sort out a new one for him. But as for Bran, the board should get a move on.

+ saw a thing on goal with Bruma saying he wants more opportunities so he can get into the national team. Maybe a loan move, although it'd leave us with just 3 CBs.

ReputationRep:
    JT and Alex may be out of the VP match.

Definitely wouldn't endorse a loan move for Bruma, I thought the reason we allowed Carvalho to leave without buying a replacement was that we were going to try to ease him into more first team football. I'd say Villa would be a tough crack for the lad though in the absence of Terry and Alex.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about Bruma. He stills seems quite shaky and mistake-prone. I don't think he's likely to break through into our first team.

But if JT and Alex are both out, there's not really many other players we could put back there with Ivan. Maybe Essien? I think he's played there for us before.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.