Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    But that's such a sacrifice though....

ReputationRep:
    Bruma didn't play for the Dutch u21s today, heard he had an injury too. Eurgh. Just have to hope JT is fit.

ReputationRep:
    Hope we're not going to suffer through the same defensive injury crisis that Utd had last season. :s

Cole was on the end of a bad tackle today. **** myself a little.

(Original post by Yawn-er)
    Me too.

(Original post by n1r4v)
    Has Mikel ever played there :o:
    Don't be silly, Mikel would give away about a dozen penalties.

ReputationRep:
    mikel didn't give away one freekick against arsenal tbh. Last season he used to play about as deep as the CBs and he usually fills in at CB when A.Cole storms up the left wing so I doubt it'll be a million miles outside his comfort zone. I think CB is one of the easiet positions for other players to fill in at.

ReputationRep:
    yossi is out for 6 months.

As long as Lamps, Ramires, Essien & Mikel stay fit we will have a good base of three all season. Benayoun is an excellent option though, one that will probably miss for the rest of the season.

Will probably mean a few more starts for Zhirkov centrally and Josh will be an option.

ReputationRep:
    J Mac!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Hope we're not going to suffer through the same defensive injury crisis that Utd had last season. :s

I know, especially as Zhirkov (although by no means bad) is nowhere near Ashley Cole's level of performance...

ReputationRep:
    Terry is back in training!

Would play him, even if it was a slight risk and then give Bruma a start on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    With all these injuries, do you reckon bosingwa may start or is it a game too soon.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't many injuries.

I would hope Bosingwa will be involved vs Wolves.

Ancelotti is soon going to regret not buying a couple of extra players. I think with the loss of Yoss we will need to find a stopgap in midfield. I'd say, buying someone with some degree of premier league experience and then letting Zhirkov go next season. I don't think Yuri is cut out for playing as a central midfielder anyway and he'll probably want more regular first team football so the Russkis don't kick him into touch on a permanent basis.

It's a shame the days are gone when our manager bought all those players I used to buy on the old Championship Manager game. Wouldn't mind having a Jiri Jarosik or Alexei Smertin floating about right now :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow's Chelsea team:

Cech - Ferreira, Terry, Ivanovic, A Cole - Essien, Ramires, Mikel - Kakuta Anelka, Malouda.

Drogba's out, Terry's back in.

ReputationRep:
    Bosingwa is back on the bench!

ReputationRep:
    Kakuta starting? Kalou injured or what?

ReputationRep:
    Ya but he's back for Spartak.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. Fair play.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait until Bosingwa and A.Cole are back terrorising defences.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Who are ya who are ya who are ya

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I've got a particularly great feeling about this evening's game - with all our injuries I'm thinking we may struggle especially against a partly revitalised Villa side.

However:

Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier says striker Emile Heskey is as good as Chelsea frontman Didier Drogba but "sometimes forgets how good he can be"

Good to see Houllier still has some of his Liverpool craziness in him..

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.