Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cech
    Ferreira Ivanovic Terry A.Cole
    Mikel
    Essien Ramires
    Kakuta Anelka Malouda

Subs: Turnbull, Bosingwa, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Zhirkov, McEachran, Borini/Mellis.

youth galore...

ReputationRep:
    Jeeez. Could get nasty for you quite easily. Then again I have no idea how good those youth players are, is Borini the old AC Milan striker or not?

ReputationRep:
    Malouda looks like the predator.

ReputationRep:
    decent result.

ReputationRep:
    Reo-Coker is so ****

ReputationRep:
    yeah we'll take that and guarenteed top spot at the end of the weekend. Wouldda been nice to beat Villa up there considering we hardly ever get anything up there, but a point is a point.

ReputationRep:
    I am very happy with the result. We could have knicked all 3 points, but they could have just as easily. Good to see the defence performing very well, I thought Ivanovic was simply brilliant, so alert to everything and it's very reassuring we have him there for when Alex/JT are out. Ferreira - the best I've seen him play this season. Just solid against a tricky winger in Ashley Young, just what he needed to be.

Ball retention first half was rubbish, much better in the second though. Thought we were quite comfortable, just lacking another forward who wanted a goal - Sturridge or Kalou would have been fine.

Great to see Bosingwa back.

How good an impact sub is McEachran by the way. Just pin point passes, very quick (with moving the ball), very effective. Obviously poor with reo-coker at the end, but we have to accept mistakes are going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I am very happy with the result. We could have knicked all 3 points, but they could have just as easily. Good to see the defence performing very well, I thought Ivanovic was simply brilliant, so alert to everything and it's very reassuring we have him there for when Alex/JT are out. Ferreira - the best I've seen him play this season. Just solid against a tricky winger in Ashley Young, just what he needed to be.

Ball retention first half was rubbish, much better in the second though. Thought we were quite comfortable, just lacking another forward who wanted a goal - Sturridge or Kalou would have been fine.

Great to see Bosingwa back.

How good an impact sub is McEachran by the way. Just pin point passes, very quick (with moving the ball), very effective. Obviously poor with reo-coker at the end, but we have to accept mistakes are going to happen.
    Spot on.

Ferreira was fantastic, I think that interview really helped him :P. With Bosingwa back, I have a question.

Who is going to play in our back 4 once EVERYONE is fit?

Ashley - JT -Alex/Iva - Iva/Bosingwa/Ferreira?

Everyone's just doing so well. McEcachran is going to be world class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Spot on.

Ferreira was fantastic, I think that interview really helped him :P. With Bosingwa back, I have a question.

Who is going to play in our back 4 once EVERYONE is fit?

Ashley - JT -Alex/Iva - Iva/Bosingwa/Ferreira?

Everyone's just doing so well. McEcachran is going to be world class.
    Personally, I think it'll have to be Cole - JT - Alex - Bosingwa. Ferreira was very good this time, but I still don't think it makes up for a few poor games before that. Bosingwa's attacking threat is unrivalled, provided he gets back to fitness fast enough. Iva/Ferreira are capable back ups though. And yeah, Josh is going to be superb :yep:

With regards to the backline and everyone being fit, I would probably take Alex over Ivanovic for his free kicks, though I think Ivanovic is probably more of a threat at the other end of the field.

(Original post by Kevin J)
    Malouda looks like the predator.
    It's true.

ReputationRep:
    Ivanovic had a great season at RB last year didn't he? I thought Bosingwa would have to settle for a place on the bench...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, although his performances this year at RB have just been good rather than outstanding every game.

I think it's just a nice option for Ancelotti. In games where the opponements are likely to sit back, Bosingwa should play, in the bigger games though I think Ivanovic should start with Bosingwa being an impact player so there is less space on the right. Mikel will have to start covering the wings more if Bosingwa returns to being a regular.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest who do you lot fear most out of the current contenders?

Also Ivanovic is class. I'm shocked he doesn't score more headers.

ReputationRep:
    I think Man City are reasonably scary, though they haven't played Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppasloth)
    Also Ivanovic is class. I'm shocked he doesn't score more headers.
    They all hit the ******* bar.

I still want Arsenal & United to drop points the most each weekend... but I'm starting to take note of City too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    I think Man City are reasonably scary, though they haven't played Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd yet.
    They played us a few weeks ago, lost 1-0.

ReputationRep:
    To whoever repped me with a photo of Gary Neville in the message box (), cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    To whoever repped me with a photo of Gary Neville in the message box (), cheers.
    I've had one of these too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfishy)
    They played us a few weeks ago, lost 1-0.
    Oh yeah, ****.

Be scared of Man City.

ReputationRep:

How's that for a touch??

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.