Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Yeah it's almost impossible to compete with positions filled by A.Cole, Lampard and Malouda. I guess his versatility means that an injury to any one of them will allow him sufficient game time. He's doing very good at left midfield mind.
    Yeah. He'll just have to rely on a player being rested/injured before he can play... until one of them is out of form, although I wouldn't want that. Ah well, we'll see!

ReputationRep:
    Cmon Arsenal....xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    7/9 clean sheets so far. Beaten only by two brilliant goals (Parker & Tevez). Professional win, although quite sloppy at times. Just needed the second goal to finish the game, a shame we had to wait nervously so long.

Motm... for the second PL match in a row I will say Ivanovic. Just so good.
    I prefer Alex in the CB position tbh, although I do think Ivanovic is quality.

ReputationRep:
    time for you lot to get behind Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    Would prefer a draw.

ReputationRep:
    A Man City win would be more interesting though. With Fabregas celebrating a consolation goal by holding his newly signed Barca contract.

ReputationRep:
    draw would be ideal tbh

ReputationRep:
    By my maths Kalou has a goal every 50 minutes he's played on average in the PL this ssn.

btw josh's tackle at the end was quality.

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm reading more stuff about how good our defence is nowadays. Last conceded a goal at SB 781 match minutes ago (Carew with Villa) which has passed Mourinho's record. 2 goals conceded in 9 games etc etc... and to think people were saying Carvalho was our best defender!

Glad I'm reading more stuff about how good our defence is nowadays. Last conceded a goal at SB 781 match minutes ago (Carew with Villa) which has passed Mourinho's record. 2 goals conceded in 9 games etc etc... and to think people were saying Carvalho was our best defender!
    tbh, the defence looked a little shaky on saturday. they were careless and wolves would have scored a couple if they could finish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    tbh, the defence looked a little shaky on saturday. they were careless and wolves would have scored a couple if they could finish.
    This is what can happen when both full backs become wingers. I think the main problem was the midfield being loose though.

By my maths Kalou has a goal every 50 minutes he's played on average in the PL this ssn.

btw josh's tackle at the end was quality.
    I was waiting to see the tackle on MotD but they didn't show it (even though it was an offside I thought they would have - the radio commentary I was listening to made it sound like a top challenge).

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not convinced we can win the champo league. No specific reason but I have an underlying feeling

ReputationRep:
    You can't chose luck so it's wise not to be convinced we can. If we have a few lucky referee decisions this time unlike the last 2 yrs, who's to say we can't.

If we can keep as many clean sheets at home in the later rounds as we have been recently, especially if we come up against Barca/Real/Inter (or whoever you want to consider as the main threats), then we've got a very good chance.

ReputationRep:

Josh's turn vs two Spartak players. Not bad. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ashley Cole not being nominated for the Ballon d'Or is an absolute farce. He has absolutely dominated the left back position this last year. If we're basing nomination criteria on trophies, he won the double, if we're basing nomination criteria on an outstanding world cup then why is Didier there, or indeed Cesc (granted Spain won, but hardly due to him)?

There's a lot in the press today about the lack of English players in the shortlist but I don't think any of the snubs are as absolutely baffling as Cole's. Yes I know he's an awful human, but so is Cristiano Ronaldo and he's there despite Real Madrid and Portugal winning nothing.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    He had a couple months injured so it might be that. Lampard's had a better last 12 months than him though.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    'ite homies, I've added this thread to your group http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=548 can you let me know if you need group leaders changing

ReputationRep:
    I'd just keep Isometrix, mhsc, NDGAARONDI, don't see the rest here anymore.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.