Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where is NDGAARONDI btw O_o? Not seem him on here for a while

ReputationRep:
    Haha how come I've been made a deputy, never realised!

ReputationRep:
    You're responsible. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Schweet.

Alex to start today? Ivanovic or Bosingwa at RB? Blackburn away was one of the toughest fixtures last season to get a result so I think we should start with Bosingwa at RB. I reckon they'll try and play this one out for a draw, him and Cole should provide lovely attacks from the flanks :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Isn't Iva more suited to a fixture like this?
    I was about to say...yeah, tough fixture so Iva could provide strength at the back and we concentrate down the left and if we've not scored or need to move on, bring on Bosingwa at like the 55-60th minute? and I think Alex will start and take the first close range free kick

ReputationRep:
    Get the **** in lads. Scrappy but twas always a hard fixture.

ReputationRep:
    Zhirkov in the last three games has been amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, starting to live up to his £18m price tag.

Can we please go full out youth against Spartak at home...?

ReputationRep:
    Nah think Carlo wants to wrap up first place so we will put a reasonably strong side out I think.

Providing we win we'll be able to put a CC type team out for the last two fixtures though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Zhirkov in the last three games has been amazing.
    Knew he'd come good. Left-back is probs his worse position. Midfield though... :coma:

Looks like he could fill the hole left by Lamps when he leaves, although I doubt he'd get the same amount of goals. Would need a few of the players to step up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Knew he'd come good. Left-back is probs his worse position. Midfield though... :coma:

Looks like he could fill the hole left by Lamps when he leaves, although I doubt he'd get the same amount of goals. Would need a few of the players to step up.
    Yeah, he's best going forward. Very solid left back though to be fair.

Lampard will still be in the core for another 2-3 seasons... Zhirkov will be 29/30 by then? Can't see us not buying a really class creative midfielder, excellent at going forward. Possibly even an attacking midfielder type and changing our system to a 4231 (doubt there is another player in the world like Frank. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Yeah, he's best going forward. Very solid left back though to be fair.

Lampard will still be in the core for another 2-3 seasons... Zhirkov will be 29/30 by then? Can't see us not buying a really class creative midfielder, excellent at going forward. Possibly even an attacking midfielder type and changing our system to a 4231 (doubt there is another player in the world like Frank. )
    I'd rather not see us buy another midfielder and spend loads on him. I've been v. impressed with McEachran, and he'd be 19/20 by then... considering how quickly he's developing, I think having him/Zhirkov/Ramires switch around in that position might be better.

We'll see. I'm not as worried by the prospect of Lamps leaving after seeing the way we've been playing without him.

ReputationRep:
    Consider that the likes of Didier/Anelka & possibly Malouda probably won't be in the core set up either in 2-3 years too though.

Realistically we will need one new £20m ish new player every summer to replace these. If a youth player can save us that sort of money though by showing he's good enough then that's great. Unsure if Kakuta will ever make it here as a starter though tbh, but you'd sort of be surprised if Josh didn't.

Gotta agree with the praise for Zhirkov. I never really thought he fitted in a more central role but the last few displays have been very good. Agree with Isometrix that grabbing the win in this fixture was very important, regardless of performance (and the fact they could have won it themselves before Ivo's goal). Really happy that Ivo got a goal too, the number of times he's hit the post this season (funnily enough, I thought it was a bit of a weak header compared to those that he's powered onto the post - but they all count )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)

E.g. How much ground he covers / how many times he runs up and down the flank, Average speed etc.
    A lot.

ReputationRep:
    Would you ever notice if I just made them up?

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling we might lose Kakuta soon.

And I've been slightly disappointed with his performances so far... I dunno if he's trying too hard to impress or what... McEachran looks far, far more composed on the ball. He's going to be our little Pirlo. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    florent malouda louda louda

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling we might lose Kakuta soon.

And I've been slightly disappointed with his performances so far... I dunno if he's trying too hard to impress or what... McEachran looks far, far more composed on the ball. He's going to be our little Pirlo. :coma:
    This. Kakuta looks more like Kalou did in his early days. He undoubtedly has ability though.

I was thinking McEachran would be in the Lampard vein, but now he seems more like a deep-lying playmaker-very Pirlo/Xabi Alonso-esque.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather not see us buy another midfielder and spend loads on him. I've been v. impressed with McEachran, and he'd be 19/20 by then... considering how quickly he's developing, I think having him/Zhirkov/Ramires switch around in that position might be better.

We'll see. I'm not as worried by the prospect of Lamps leaving after seeing the way we've been playing without him.
    I am. A 20-goal-a-season midfielder is irreplacable, no matter how well the team does without him. We could have used his creativity away to City and Villa.

However, I do agree that our other midfielders seem of a very good standard. Ramires will need some more time to settle in and work on factors such as his decision-making but he is also looking good.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.