Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ramires, Mikel & Essien will probably all be here for the next 5 years+ so we will always have that strength. Plus with McEachran on the rise, it lends itself to a hugely promising central midfield in times to come.

The deep lying playmaker role is just to introduce him into the team though I think. Gives him a bit more time on the ball & less physical pressure from opponements.

Bad feeling about tomorrow tbh... although we should win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Ramires, Mikel & Essien will probably all be here for the next 5 years+ so we will always have that strength. Plus with McEachran on the rise, it lends itself to a hugely promising central midfield in times to come.

The deep lying playmaker role is just to introduce him into the team though I think. Gives him a bit more time on the ball & less physical pressure from opponements.

Bad feeling about tomorrow tbh... although we should win.
    Playing at Anfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Playing at Anfield.
    Great. Reckon it'll be a draw...

ReputationRep:
    Against us and Villa I thought you were very poor. Could it be you're kind of stuck in the middle ground. Against the Arse/United your players have the desire and against the smaller teams you have too much ability. But against fairly good players well up for it you struggle. Could just be two blips mind, but it happened last season too iirc? (Everton, us, Villa, Spurs?)

That's my take on it atleast.

ReputationRep:
    It's something like that. Against United, Arsenal & to an extent Liverpool it has a really big game feel for it, the players are really up for it. Against Everton, Citeh & Tottenham the games are probably just as difficult, although they may be seen as a tier down so the players aren't up for it as much. A strong defence and a quick attack to make it an open game and we will struggle away from home.

We have been getting the results though this season, although the performances have been ****.

My only reassurance is that we've conceded only 3 goals in 10 games this season...

ReputationRep:
    Fernando Torres can **** right off.

It's not even funny. Oh wait, it kinda is, but still.

ReputationRep:
    His second goal was pretty class tbf.

Our team is very average without Drogba, Lampard and Essien. Passing has been woeful.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing awful. they look completely lost out there.

Would get Josh, Bosingwa & Drogba on for Bran/Alex, Ramires and then either Zhirkov or Kalou.

ReputationRep:
    On a more positive note we have Fulham and Sunderland at home next.

ReputationRep:
    Drogba has got to come on regardless.

ReputationRep:
    He is I think.

45 minutes too late. ffs.

Visions of the FA cup tie 1997 (I think) from 2-0 to win 4-2. Think positive lads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Visions of the FA cup tie 1997 (I think) from 2-0 to win 4-2. Think positive lads.
    You were close.

ReputationRep:
    Meh you can't win every game.

Six points from Fulham and Sunderland at home and we'll be looking good still.

Terrible performance, although at least we woke up for the last half hour. Rubbish performances all round first half, but completely improved in the last half hour. Zhirkov & Ramires were equally awful though. Mikel's second half passing was so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Lampard. Essien.
    It's the first one we're missing far more.

I actually felt that this was going to happen. Why is it that Torres can only play against us? You watch, he'll be indifferent in their next game then get injured again. The next two home games will be important - we should get 6 points from those really. Would like Man Utd to draw at least one of their next two, and I won't mind so much about this.

ReputationRep:
    Hope City beat them, although they're likely to get four points from those two. Usually do well against Villa, and you'd say they'll probably get a point against Citeh.

Would like to be in a position to ask for a few changes for the Fulham game, although we just don't have the squad for it.

ReputationRep:
    Ramires was awful. Zhirkov was mediocre. God, that was annoying to watch. Leeetthhaarrrggiic.

ReputationRep:
    Much better in the second half, even with an ill Drogba. Desperately missed Essien or Lampard on the pitch.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.