Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd like the advantage rule cleared up. With their second goal the ref gave us the advantage, we immediately lost it, yet play still goes on?

Is this what usually happens or should he wipe away the advantage, as there wasn't any and give us the initital free kick?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Cole didn't immediately lose it. Watch it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I'd like the advantage rule cleared up. With their second goal the ref gave us the advantage, we immediately lost it, yet play still goes on?

Is this what usually happens or should he wipe away the advantage, as there wasn't any and give us the initital free kick?

I honestly don't think the refs have a clue themselves. I've seen it given both ways numerous times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I'm pretty sure Cole didn't immediately lose it. Watch it again.
    I just have been. Referee was signalling an advantage for a couple of secs, then Cole slips.

It's one of those grey areas I suppose that referees have developed with their inconsistencies which cause all of the problems.

ReputationRep:
    No reason to get too down about it really, looking at the fixtures your lead will be at least four points and you're still big favourites for the title.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppK-u4tHkM

Hahaha, Loved this press conference from Carlo XD

What a man :P

ReputationRep:
    team news for tonight is as follows Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Zhirkov, Kalou, Drogba, Malouda. Subs: Turnbull, Ramires, Ferreira, Sturridge, Bruma, Kakuta, McEachran.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely decoy by Drogba for Essien's goal.

ReputationRep:
    So Essien gets a red for a tame tackle yet Joey Barton gets away with punching the wind out of a Blackburn player.

Do you think an appeal will be successful?

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it. Although did his two footed challenge even have contact on their player? I'm not too sure... looked like a one footed one challenge did afterwards. I may be wrong though.

He was so wasteful with his passing tonight though. I hear Lamps is starting against Sunderland anyway.

A midfield of Ramires, Lamps & Mikel for the next few games certainly looks better than Zhirkov, Essien & Mikel IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    So Essien gets a red for a tame tackle yet Joey Barton gets away with punching the wind out of a Blackburn player.

Do you think an appeal will be successful?
    Essien deserved to be sent off. It was incredibly reckless and it was through sheer luck that he didn't connect with the player.

He would definitely end up with an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal if one was to take place.

(Original post by meskell)
    Essien deserved to be sent off. It was incredibly reckless and it was through sheer luck that he didn't connect with the player.

He would definitely end up with an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal if one was to take place.
    Nonsense. He should have seen red for a second yellow, but it was never a straight red.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't watch the match, as I couldn't get a stream working. But from what I've read, it sounds like he deserved to get sent off. And possibly Dempsey as well.

ReputationRep:
    A two footed challenge, both feet off the floor = no control and if it connects with te player the full body weight of Essien + his momentum making contact with a players legs.

Completely deserves a sending off. Essien has a history with these sort of challenges. Very similar to Gerrards history if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    wtf Ray Wilkins to leave the club

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...216469,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Why did his contract only run til November? Most every contract in English football runs til June.....

ReputationRep:
    Wilkins to Newcastle? :ahee:

Oh, I read somewhere a while back that Wilkins would be leaving, can't say I'm too upset about it tbh. He's no Steve Clarke.

ReputationRep:
    Who can replace Ray, with the passion he had for Chelsea? D:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.