Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Still top.
    I bet you're also looking forward to the African Cup of Nations? Without Drogba you're really going to excel :rolleyes:

What a one man team :woo:

ReputationRep:
    funny how we've been doing rubbish since Essien got injured :sigh:

i would be deeply worried if there was no transfer activity in january. the past few weeks have shown a lack in depth in our squad, both up front and in midfield.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe ACON is such a big deal for us to be honest. Our next 6 games are all winnable, it's only by the start of February when we have Arsenal at SB that things might have got a bit tricky, however ACON final is on January 31st. Either Essien/Drogba will be back by then, Mikel and Kalou as well, so it's not too bad.

We just have to beat Fulham on Monday, can't afford to drop anymore points.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe ACON is such a big deal for us to be honest. Our next 6 games are all winnable, it's only by the start of February when we have Arsenal at SB that things might have got a bit tricky, however ACON final is on January 31st. Either Essien/Drogba will be back by then, Mikel and Kalou as well, so it's not too bad.

We just have to beat Fulham on Monday, can't afford to drop anymore points.
    Given the frequency at which the title-contenders are dropping points, I'm pretty sure Chelsea can afford to drop more points. Just very topsy-turvy this season.

ReputationRep:
    It's the Scudetto 1999/00 all over again. :/

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed Ivory Coast get knocked out early, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It's the Scudetto 1999/00 all over again. :/
    Or La Liga 2006/07, nobody doesn't seem to want to win the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Or La Liga 2006/07, nobody doesn't seem to want to win the title.
    True. The Juventus side who lost the league to Sven's Lazio had a certain Ancelotti though...Still don't think Chelsea will win the league anyway. He was appointed for the CL really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Fingers crossed Ivory Coast get knocked out early, eh?
    Or just stop buying African players.

ReputationRep:
    Or just stop buying African players.
    :laugh:

Or more importantly, make sure that the African players you do buy aren't the most important players in the squad.

ReputationRep:
    He was appointed for the CL really.
    the sad thing is our chances of winning the PL are higher than winning the CL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Depends. A lot can happen between now and our match against Inter. Guessing we missed our best chance(s) already. But we've seen unexpected eventual champions in the past so it's not impossible.

I don't mind African players per se but with the ACoN being bi-annual, and during our busiest period, this should not be ignored. I've preferred South American players for a while but that's more to do with technical qualities of players. I only tend to make a judgment on likelihood of winning the CL until the draws for the QFs are done, because, a too 'hard' pathway can take its toll.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Chelsea always get far in the CL, semis for the past how many years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    4 semis, 1 final, 1 last 16 in the last 6 years. Gives opposing fans something to LOL over though. :/ Not sure if any other team has been consistently like that for a period of five years or so.

ReputationRep:
    4 semis, 1 final, 1 last 16 in the last 6 years. Gives opposing fans something to LOL over though. :/ Not sure if any other team has been consistently like that for a period of five years or so.
    Yeah, Chelsea's semi --> final record must feel annoying as a fan. In answer to your question I guess Madrid in the 50s but apart from them no idea. If we only look at since the inception of the CL I doubt any team has a better record than Chelsea in that regard.

ReputationRep:
    What makes it worse is the fact that we're still yet to win it after that many close attempts.

ReputationRep:
    What makes it worse is the fact that we're still yet to win it after that many close attempts.
    Oh you've upset Johnathon again...

Not to worry, Tezzer-boyo, we'll be getting the tour started up again soon!

PIE EGG AND CHIPS BEANSONTOAST WORLDWARONE PINTSOFBEER [OTHERGENERICENGLISHCRAP]

Filthy :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: gypsy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    i meant this season specifically. can't see us winning the CL at all, whereas we're already top of the PL heading towards the new year. a little consistency is all it takes to win it from here.

ReputationRep:
    i meant this season specifically. can't see us winning the CL at all, whereas we're already top of the PL heading towards the new year. a little consistency is all it takes to win it from here.
    I'd have thought that of all the English teams, Chelsea were the most likely to win the CL this year. I reckon you'll beat Inter. Even right now, the only teams in Europe I'd back against Chelsea are Barca and maybe Real. Of course, a lot depends on the fitness of the likes of Drogba and Essien and whether Ancelotti can ever come up with a Plan B.

ReputationRep:
    can we at least beat fulham, or is that too much to ask :sigh:

joe cole to start. hopefully zhirkov too!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.