Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is honestly wrong with chelsea this season...It is likely they will get de-throned this season.... Go Manchester united!!!!.....sorry, I am a Man U fan.....

(Original post by UnWise)
    The lack of squad depth I reckon. We were looking good because all the players were fresh and up for the task.

..then the weariness and injuries came to visit with little to no depth to compensate.
    Why doesn't he try switching players? Drop nearly every first-team player, stick the remaining players in a 3-4-3, and send them out. Hard to imagine even such a team would lose 1-0 to Wolves:

- Turnbull -
    Brumo - Terry - van Aanholt
    McEachran - Lampard - Zhirkov
    Kakuta - - Sturridge - Borini

Away you go, boys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    Why doesn't he try switching players? Drop nearly every first-team player, stick the remaining players in a 3-4-3, and send them out. Hard to imagine even such a team would lose 1-0 to Wolves:

- Turnbull -

Away you go, boys!
    That's a 3-3-3.

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on, if he is sacked, who you'd want to replace him?

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    That's a 3-3-3.
    Yeah, unfortunately halfway through my team sheet I realized the squad lacks depth.

ReputationRep:
    That's a 3-3-3.

Even better! Gets them motivated!

ReputationRep:
    What. Is. Going. On?

Chelsea owe Abramovich a gigantic, immeasurable debt of thanks, but right now, he's hindering the club more than helping it....:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Went up to Wolves tonight, just absolute ****e. The players didn't turn up. Some looked quite tired and others were just ****e.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, gosh I Ignored football tonight, hilarious - Liverpool Lost, Chelsea Lost and Arsenal Drew...... sorry but the preimier leauge is going to old trafford by default.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Went up to Wolves tonight, just absolute ****e. The players didn't turn up. Some looked quite tired and others were just ****e.
    Serious question: Wtf is up with your players?

The quality of your squad should not let a little dip in confidence affect their performances??

There must be something deeper than a lack of confidence.

ReputationRep:
    That's a 3-3-3.
    10 men worked for us, maybe Chelsea could try the 10 man approach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)

- Turnbull -

Away you go, boys!

I'll have to agree; he seems reluctant to mix things up a bit. Zhirkov's injured by the way

Having offloaded Ballack, Belletti, Deco, Carvalho and Joe Cole overnight only to have them "replaced" with Benayoun (how many times did he start for Liverpool last season?) and Ramires (a gamble really) doesn't quite help either. Ramires has had his up and downs though.

(Original post by Louis.)
    Haven't thought about a replacement personally, cause honestly, CA getting the boot is the last thing I want to see.

(Original post by Louis.)
    In a perfect world, Hiddink.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah....wow.....Might as well throw the couple of the kids in to start like Kakuta and MacEacran now.

New signings are imminent. I think Carlo will buy more than just a Centre Back..

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea :toofunny:

(Original post by dn013)
    Save the Apple for us. We have another San Siro trip on the way
    The apple is going fast, you might have to settle for whatever is left in the cupboards. Although there is still plenty of time for this mob to finish the contents of the kitchen :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Yeah....wow.....Might as well throw the couple of the kids in to start like Kakuta and MacEacran now.

New signings are imminent. I think Carlo will buy more than just a Centre Back..
    I'd be annoyed if we signed a CB this January.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be annoyed if we signed a CB this January.
    I'd like to see Bruma given a go. Personally, I'd really like a striker because Anelka's goalscoring form has dropped worryingly and Sturridge will never, ever, ever have my confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)

To be fair, if Anelka and Ramires aren't performing, I'd much rather see Kakuta and McEachran than Sturridge and someone like Malouda dropping back into midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I'd like to see Bruma given a go. Personally, I'd really like a striker because Anelka's goalscoring form has dropped worryingly and Sturridge will never, ever, ever have my confidence.
    Bran and JT are fine. If one of those are injured, Bruma is fine. Won't be too long before Alex is back either I'd guess.

I'm not filled with confidence at the thought of Sturridge or Kakuta starting. I can't imagine them putting in better performances than Anelka, Malouda, Kalou or Drogba at the moment. All of them are completely off form, and it's forwards we need to bring in.

ReputationRep:
    Bran and JT are fine. If one of those are injured, Bruma is fine. Won't be too long before Alex is back either I'd guess.

I'm not filled with confidence at the thought of Sturridge or Kakuta starting. I can't imagine them putting in better performances than Anelka, Malouda, Kalou or Drogba at the moment. All of them are completely off form, and it's forwards we need to bring in.
    I definitely don't like Sturridge one bit-I was hoping for so long that we'd go for Dzeko, but, again, Abramovich hasn't put his hand in his pocket (although, I don't suppose we would've outbidded Man City.)

We do definitely need a forward, but the question is who-I don't suppose we're ever going to go for Aguero.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.