Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who knows? Must have been doing something right, but the assistants role is very much behind the scenes.

I'm sure you're happy to have more ex Chels at Liverpool though.

ReputationRep:
    He's on first team coach, so his Chelsea connections don't bother me for now. At least he's a proven winner, unlike Mike fecking Kelly who was our old first team coach.

Jose certainly thought fondly off him.

ReputationRep:
    =/ wouldn't mind, Sturridge starting. Hope Malouda gets back to form though.

Wish Zhirkov wasn't injured for soo long! I would think that Carlo would have given him a chance to play on his favourite Left wing. Would love to see him play there. Any idea when he's back?

ReputationRep:
    Why haven't you tried switching formation? Seemed to work last season when you were starting to go stale.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge definitely deserves to start. 7 goals in a week must be good enough, although ancelotti's quoted as saying he needs to carry on fighting to start. What more can he do? :s Kakuta/Sturridge/Malouda/Kalou need to be rotated tbh.

ReputationRep:
    The goals are up here if anyone's missed 'em:

http://www.footytube.com/video/chels...wn-jan09-69879

ReputationRep:
    Have to say I think after Kakuta signed his contract, he played pretty well looking at the highlights. Everyone played well. Your right, Malouda/Kakuta/Kalou/Sturridge and lets add Zhirkov in there and rotate them!

ReputationRep:
    Pienaar has been linked to us... really hope we get him. Quality player and would be a sensible signing.

We have so many away fixtures mid-week. Wolves, Bolton, Sunderland & Fulham all in a row.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound odd, but do you know what those tight pants Lampard wears under his football shorts are called? I usually see them on rugby players, but Lampard is one of the few footballers I see wearing them too (if they are the same thing that is). Do you know what they're called or where you can buy em?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Pienaar has been linked to us... really hope we get him. Quality player and would be a sensible signing.

We have so many away fixtures mid-week. Wolves, Bolton, Sunderland & Fulham all in a row.
    It's Blackburn home, Bolton away, Sunderland away and then Liverpool home :cool: Oh & then Fulham away.
    Pienaar would be a real nice signing.

ReputationRep:
    Pienaar is terrible to be honest. Big fish, little pond.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the Pienaar hype, he always seems to be "out of form".

ReputationRep:
    Was Everton's player of the season last year.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, k :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Pienaar is pretty poor tbh. A David Bentley in the making.

ReputationRep:
    How long has Benayoun been injured for? Where is he? He would be a good player to rotate, if he still exists or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Pienaar is pretty poor tbh. A David Bentley in the making.
    Why David Bentley.

At £3m he could be an excellent squad addition.

(Original post by Colonel.)
    How long has Benayoun been injured for? Where is he? He would be a good player to rotate, if he still exists or whatever.
    Since the Newcastle CC game which was in September. Supposed to be back before the end of the season. Really hope so, as his first couple of games for Chels were really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Why David Bentley.

At £3m he could be an excellent squad addition.

Since the Newcastle CC game which was in September. Supposed to be back before the end of the season. Really hope so, as his first couple of games for Chels were really good.
    Slow and ponderous winger who doesn't even score like Bentley did at Blackburn. His lack of assists and goals is pathetic considering how many games he plays.
    The reason I mainly compare him to Bentley is that both look good at small teams but Ventley couldn't hack it at a semi decent team and I doubt Pienaar would be of any use to a top team.

ReputationRep:
    Pienaar didn't even stick out in a below average SA side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Slow and ponderous winger who doesn't even score like Bentley did at Blackburn. His lack of assists and goals is pathetic considering how many games he plays.
    The reason I mainly compare him to Bentley is that both look good at small teams but Ventley couldn't hack it at a semi decent team and I doubt Pienaar would be of any use to a top team.
    Makes you wonder how he won Everton's player of the year then doesn't it?

Modric's goal/assist record pathetic too? That isn't always relevent when judging a player.

He isn't slow at all. Intelligent player, good on the ball and can play in a number of positions. Good squad player.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.