Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As long as he does get first team games there, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    Are you not expecting to buy anyone this window?

You could really do with a CB and a fullback really.

ReputationRep:
    I would be surprised if we bought some one in. We have enough defenders anyway. We really need a right winger and another striker. Although apparently we have interest in bringing in a new CB.

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz is looking quite likely tbh, reports coming in regularly now. Pienaar would have been a good edition but bleh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I would be surprised if we bought some one in. We have enough defenders anyway. We really need a right winger and another striker. Although apparently we have interest in bringing in a new CB.
    I think the injury to JT exposed the weakness of your back four beyond the first team. Carvalho was a big loss imo.

Are you not concerned about the high age of the squad? Considering how old Ancellotti let his AC team get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    I think the injury to JT exposed the weakness of your back four beyond the first team. Carvalho was a big loss imo.

Are you not concerned about the high age of the squad? Considering how old Ancellotti let his AC team get?
    Only one game really, and that may have been because Carlo opted for Ferreira at CB. At that time the biggest concern was the lack of goals and I suppose it still is.

No, I am more concerned about the size of it. We could do with another defender, but another winger and forward should be the priority, although it probably isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea 'till I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...692315,00.html

It's getting there slowly...Benfica apparently in London to talk to Chelsea about the transfer. Kalou or Ferreira might be going the otherway but looks like they want one of the kids.

ReputationRep:
    Why do we even want him. Any CB who comes in is likely to start off as our 4th CB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Why do we even want him. Any CB who comes in is likely to start off as our 4th CB.
    I think that if we do get luiz, Ivanovic will be our RB. Terry's on a steady decline with his injury, so we need someone to be cover for him when he's a cripple and play alongside him with Alex out. He's also a LB, so this leaves Zhirkov as a midfielder/winger. I've always thought Zhirkov looked uncomfortable at LB anyway.

I think we're getting a very good player... one of my friends is a benfica fan, and he's been raving about him for years. Sounds like Luiz, along with Di Maria led benfica to the title & champions league qualification last season. Doesnt want to lose him...

We have a decent midfield tbh. And up front, with all our players fit, we could just have Zhirkov/Malouda at LW, Benayoun/Anelka at RW and Drogba/Sturridge/Anelka up front. Kakuta could go wherever tbh. Probably not up front though.

Ah well, i'd be happy with luiz here. Brilliant brazilian prospect. We'll seeeee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    I think that if we do get luiz, Ivanovic will be our RB. Terry's on a steady decline with his injury, so we need someone to be cover for him when he's a cripple and play alongside him with Alex out. He's also a LB, so this leaves Zhirkov as a midfielder/winger. I've always thought Zhirkov looked uncomfortable at LB anyway.
    Bosingwa is likely to stay for another season though and I can't see Ferreira leaving this summer too. Terry's only been injured for a few weeks this season, and has easily been our best player this season. I'm not against signing another defender, but they would start off as a 4th choice CB, so I really don't see the point of spending more than £10m or so. Zhirkov played well when Ash Cole was injured last season although I agree he is better when higher up the field. PVA looks like a brilliant prospect from his games this season, and it shouldn't be long until he's A.Cole's deputy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)

I think we're getting a very good player... one of my friends is a benfica fan, and he's been raving about him for years. Sounds like Luiz, along with Di Maria led benfica to the title & champions league qualification last season. Doesnt want to lose him...

We have a decent midfield tbh. And up front, with all our players fit, we could just have Zhirkov/Malouda at LW, Benayoun/Anelka at RW and Drogba/Sturridge/Anelka up front. Kakuta could go wherever tbh. Probably not up front though.

Ah well, i'd be happy with luiz here. Brilliant brazilian prospect. We'll seeeee.
    Good conclusion

ReputationRep:
    He is CL tied too this season.

ReputationRep:
    That's true. Lads sorry to be posting again BUT

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...sburg-defender

Simon Kjaer link, my mate just phoned up and told me bout this lol.

ReputationRep:
    He has only just signed for Wolfsburg and they really don't need the money.
    Can't see that happening.

ReputationRep:
    I think we will do well to get a draw tomorrow evening. I would go for:

Cech; Ferreira, Bran, Terry, A.Cole; Mikel, Ramires, Essien; Anelka, Drogba, Sturridge.

Lampard in for Essien though if he's fit. I bet Malouda and Bosingwa will start though despite of their recent form.

I would happily take 1-1.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im liking that team, I read Sturridge is going to surely start. Ramires is starting to slowly adapt to English football, and im liking his recent performances.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard is out so midfield trio will be Mikel, Ramires & Essien. Part of me wishes we would go 442 for this one. The three are good enough defensively but won't really make their man advantage count going forward.

ReputationRep:
    Been on a 21 minute queue to get tickets in the home end for Bolton vs Chelsea tonight and was left to provide a voice message and promised they would return my call as soon as possible. ****ing disgusted by it all tbh.

f**k Bolton Wanderers and I hope you seriously ram your collective cocks up their arses tonight.

Left to listen to Bolton 'the wanderers' music, ****ing embarrassment to themselves and to the premierleague. I want them ****ing relegated and out of business.

Give them a good raping tonight, lads. Plz. You'll make me happy.

ReputationRep:
    I think you will drop points tonight if you show some of the form you've been showing before the last game. Bolton have only lost 1 game at home this season and that was to a late winner to Liverpool. Should be interesting. :bandit:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.