Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am so excited...:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I don't see why you Chelsea fans aren't ecstatic:confused: Torres may not be on form but he is a world class striker, a change of scene and the renewed motivation that goes with it, plus the fact he will be in a decent team, I would say means you have a pretty good chance of seeing the Torres his reputation advertises. Drogba and Torres, stick Anelka on the bench, get rid of Kalou(worst player ever, United have Gibson, Chelsea have Kalou). That's a pretty fierce attack!
    Agreed. So excited for Torres. I don't agree with the Kalou bit though; he's a good backup and is improving. Plus he can play anywhere across the forward line, which I like.

ReputationRep:
    If Torres stops playing like a selfish ****er, i'm going to hate him even more.

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz is headed for Chelsea apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I officially cannot get onto the Sky Sports News website, probably due to it having crashed through so many hits...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Reports Chelsea have agreed a deal with Benfica for David Luiz. £21million - £17/£18m up front.

Skysports

Luiz is coming apparently. Matic is going the other way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    David Luiz is headed for Chelsea apparently.
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    oh wow, if these two transfers go through...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Source?
    SkySports_Simon: Reports Chelsea have agreed a deal with Benfica for David Luiz. £21million - £17/£18m up front.

Eurosport: More on Luiz - it's 20m euros plus 5m in add-ons, not pounds. Sorry there. He's allegedly on his way to London. Chop chop!

Torres is waiting to do his medical is what I hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Source?
    Sky :awesome:

"Fernando Torres is waiting to go to Chelsea and David Luiz move is back on."

ReputationRep:
    "I can tell you now that David Luiz-Chelsea deal is definitely ON, we can confirm, for £21m - £17-£18m up front" :awesome:
    From the BBC.

ReputationRep:
    Two transfers I didn't want to happen look like they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Luiz. :coma:

And i was a little sceptical about torres at first, but the thought of him forming a successful partnership with drogba up front = :coma:

ReputationRep:
    why? Both players are very good and money is clearly no issue to Abramovic.

ReputationRep:
    " TORRES UPDATE: Chelsea have announced losses of £79m, but they are reportedly close to sealing a £70m+ swoop for Torres and Luiz. Both are en route to medicals in London."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    why? Both players are very good and money is clearly no issue to Abramovic.
    In that case why was the squad cut so short in the summer? If we actually had a good squad at the start of the season, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now, with most of our players completely off form since the beginning of October.

ReputationRep:
    Wage bill?

But Luiz :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Wage bill?
    So cost cutting?

err...

ReputationRep:
    Suarez would have fitted into your system better than Torres, as well as being half the price and a bit younger. Surprised Liverpool were able to get him tbh, was convinced a better team would come in for him.

Still, your squad will be better at the end of the day than it was at the start.

ReputationRep:
    So cost cutting?

err...
    That was the original plan. But I think Roman thought differently after looking at our form recently.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.