Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    SkySports_Simon: Reports Chelsea have agreed a deal with Benfica for David Luiz. £21million - £17/£18m up front.

Eurosport: More on Luiz - it's 20m euros plus 5m in add-ons, not pounds. Sorry there. He's allegedly on his way to London. Chop chop!

Torres is waiting to do his medical is what I hear
    Thanks, lads...just kicked my mum off the
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Sky :awesome:

"Fernando Torres is waiting to go to Chelsea and David Luiz move is back on."
    Thanks lads...just got SSN on. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    No worries. I'm off to bed, I can't stand to wait when these two are going to sign lol. I'll hope for some good news in the morning :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Suarez would have fitted into your system better than Torres, as well as being half the price and a bit younger. Surprised Liverpool were able to get him tbh, was convinced a better team would come in for him.

Still, your squad will be better at the end of the day than it was at the start.
    Saurez definitely would have fitted into our system, and is also the right age and a fair price for what you would expect of a quality young attacker. I wasn't too impressed with his performances at the world cup, seemed to shoot on every occasion he was in the box, rather than looking at other options.

I suppose. I am not excited by either signing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Two transfers I didn't want to happen look like they are.
    How come? I can't see it being anything but good, especially with Kakuta, Sturridge, van Aanholt and possibly Bruma all leaving on loan...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the new signings'll improve Chelsea's performances. I just always thought Chelsea squad was quite old...

ReputationRep:
    Is Torres worth £50mil to you guys?

Suarez (younger) cost half as much with a goals to game ratio of 0.8, compared to Torres 0.6..(I think suares has something silly like 82 goals in 108 games)

Torres is proven in the Premier League but thats not enough to suggest he's worth double Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    Is Torres worth £50mil to you guys?
    Not to me.

(Original post by newlife)
    Suarez (younger) cost half as much with a goals to game ratio of 0.8, compared to Torres 0.6..(I think suares has something silly like 82 goals in 108 games)
    Kezman managed 105 goals in 122 apps for PSV Eindhoven, we all know how that turned out

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=UnWise;29669850]Not to me.

Kezman managed 105 goals in 122 apps for PSV Eindhoven, we all know how that turned out [/
    QUOTE]

but that doesnt mean u rule anyone from the dutch league, lol. Suarez is proven on the world stage too, and is different to Kezman. A certain Van Nistlerooy joined the Premier League with similar stats and ran riot. Not saying Suarez will do the same, but he's worth the risk at 22.8mil over Torres whose just injury prone for £50mil

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=newlife;29670374]
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Not to me.

Kezman managed 105 goals in 122 apps for PSV Eindhoven, we all know how that turned out [/
    QUOTE]

but that doesnt mean u rule anyone from the dutch league, lol. Suarez is proven on the world stage too, and is different to Kezman. A certain Van Nistlerooy joined the Premier League with similar stats and ran riot. Not saying Suarez will do the same, but he's worth the risk at 22.8mil over Torres whose just injury prone for £50mil
    I partially agree. Not sure if comparing their goal ratios in two very different leagues is fair. I agree that the outlay for Suarez makes more sense than the outlay for Torres though. 50 million is just ridiculous considering his recent run of form; I'm not too fond of his propensity to get injured either.

I feel we could've gotten two or three quality players for the price of Torres.

ReputationRep:
    50mil is ridiculous. 30mil would be the maximum for me, but even then he's still not that good (not that I like Suarez that much, given what happened at the World Cup...)

What we really needed was a quality winger and striker which we could have gotten easily for 50mil. Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge gone to Bolton now for definite, let's hope he comes on somewhat there.

ReputationRep:
    Starting to get excited about Torres tbh.

ReputationRep:
    "DONE DEAL Liverpool have confirmed that Fernando Torres is now a Chelsea player after the Merseysiders accepted a British transfer record fee for the Spanish international. " - BBC

ReputationRep:
    Been a while since i was on here. Torres and Luiz, let's do this.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't think it made sense earlier, but after listening to his interview on Chelsea TV it has just sunk in... we have signed Fernando Torres. A truly world class player.

So excited.

ReputationRep:
    I love it how liverpool has just practically given the title to chelsea by selling them torres.
    Really looking forward for his partnership with the drogs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watchthis)
    I love it how liverpool has just practically given the title to chelsea!
    The title? One man won't bring the title to Chelsea ffs

ReputationRep:
    How do you think you'll set up then? Do you have the players for a 4-4-2, right wing is a problem i'm seeing, or is it back to the narrow diamond?
    I'd fancy Torres to do a good job in the inside left position in your current formation, but not so much inside right, and Malouda may not want to play on the right. Diamond most likely then?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    The title? One man won't bring the title to Chelsea ffs
    We'll see about that Well, he'll certainly help anyway.

(Original post by Louis.)
    How do you think you'll set up then? Do you have the players for a 4-4-2, right wing is a problem i'm seeing, or is it back to the narrow diamond?
    I'd fancy Torres to do a good job in the inside left position in your current formation, but not so much inside right, and Malouda may not want to play on the right. Diamond most likely then?
    I'm thinking possibly more of a 4-3-1-2 with torres and drogba up front, with either anelka, malouda or kalou in behind and they can drift along the wings as well providing crosses.
    Width provided by the full-backs and the usual three in midfield with lampard bombing on during attacks. Love it.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.