Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    There are bigger problems than the ref not awarding a penalty. Could have been given, but it would have been harsh IMO.

Formation is okay, although we just have to pick and chose when we use it better.

Only good thing today was David Luiz's debut, he looks a class player.
    I think when you play a diamond/4-3-1-2 in order for it to work the guy playing behind the strikers needs to be capable of controlling the game and running all of your attacks. You don't really have anyone like that in your squad, perhaps most suited would be Lampard but iirc he has struggled there in the past.

Was also impressed by Luiz. Him, Terry, Ivanovic, Cole, Cech and Mikel looks a very solid defensive unit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    I think when you play a diamond/4-3-1-2 in order for it to work the guy playing behind the strikers needs to be capable of controlling the game and running all of your attacks. You don't really have anyone like that in your squad, perhaps most suited would be Lampard but iirc he has struggled there in the past.
    Yes it's a key role.. Benayoun is probably best suited to it. Injured though. Lampard could do it, but it restricts a lot of his game and isn't playing well anyway.

Whatever formation you use though, if the players all take too many touches, misplace simple passes and the tempo is far too slow you won't win many games in the PL.

There are only two players in our team at the moment that attack with pace & are direct - Ramires and Kalou. They should be two of the first names on the team sheet.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    There are bigger problems than the ref not awarding a penalty. Could have been given, but it would have been harsh IMO.

Formation is okay, although we just have to pick and chose when we use it better.

Only good thing today was David Luiz's debut, he looks a class player.
    Luiz looks a great prospect. Him and JT could make a great partnership. Uhh, I hope we can keep Champions League spot for next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    [IMG].[/IMG]
    I don't think any Chelsea fans who read this topic really care about this.

ReputationRep:
    we're in real danger of losing that CL spot tbh. Spurs are consistent, and equal on points with us atm. We're gonna have to go on a monster run soon, and our two matches against utd wont be easy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any Chelsea fans who read this topic really care about this.
    You still haven't explained how the banner was supposedly ironic.

I'd be arsed if a fellow LFC fan made our whole support look like idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)

I couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less.
    Diddums, you don't seem like wanting to talk much lately.

ReputationRep:
    We should console ourslves by remembering that Drogba took an entire season before he got warmed up...

ReputationRep:
    JMac called up to England Under 21's, happy for him , im excited to see him with England at 2014 xD or maybe sooner if he gets some more gametime at Chelsea :]

ReputationRep:
    i thought Luiz looked quite good for the brief amount of time he played. Seems to like going forward, and Mikel seems to stay back anyway so its not a bad thing. Torres, well the pressure was on him to perform against his former team on his debut, can't believe people are saying he's a waste of money based on one game though.

Need a bit of consistency from now on, looks like 2nd place is our only realistic target. Finishing 4th would be very disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    Finishing 4th would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plato's Trousers)
    We should console ourslves by remembering that Drogba took an entire season before he got warmed up...
    Or be anxious of the fact Torres scored 33 in his first season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    Or be anxious of the fact Torres scored 33 in his first season?
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my mate bought some tickets to the fa cup game against everton. I support united but said I would go because it should be a decent game. However the idiot bought 2 junior tickets saying they don't check on the gates for proof of age. Is this true? as it would seem very strange, and on the chelsea site it doesn't say what a junior ticket even is....

ReputationRep:
    I think Junior is under 16. Haven't seen anyone being asked for their age before..

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWVp28AQZ0U

McEachran's pass to Sinclair in England U21s around 30 secs in. Was a fantastic pass.

ReputationRep:
    I think Junior is under 16. Haven't seen anyone being asked for their age before..
    Really?

Your stewards are bad jobsworths for refusing lads on childs tickets from my experience. Not as bad as Spurs though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)

Oh lay off, i ****ing hate Chelsea and even i can see how it's meant to be ironic. It's exactly the same banner as yours so it makes it painstakingly clear that they're taking the piss that he moved from Liverpool to Chelsea. That's why it's the same font, same placement, same design - to rile up the scousers.

Plus i have no idea why you all think that looks like your gates :lol:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.