Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No clue ask Goal and Mirror :P

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand the thought process of getting rid of Mikel...he's the only young starting XI player we have (apart from maybe Luiz now) who still has a lot of years to contribute and still developing. He was amazing last season and has still been decent this season, his performances obviously overshadowed by the huge drop in form by the whole team.

Don't know what the chances are of Anelka leaving, his contract ends summer '12, same with Drogba i think. I think we should keep Zhirkov, he's quite a bit better than Ferreira and Van Aanholt at LB, and he generally plays well when called upon.

ReputationRep:
    Selling Mikel would be insanity.

ReputationRep:
    We'll take Mikel, you can then pick up Hargreaves on a 'free' during the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Mikel was ours in the first place anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I dont understand the thought process of getting rid of Mikel...he's the only young starting XI player we have (apart from maybe Luiz now) who still has a lot of years to contribute and still developing. He was amazing last season and has still been decent this season, his performances obviously overshadowed by the huge drop in form by the whole team.

Don't know what the chances are of Anelka leaving, his contract ends summer '12, same with Drogba i think. I think we should keep Zhirkov, he's quite a bit better than Ferreira and Van Aanholt at LB, and he generally plays well when called upon.
    Agreed, but I'd like to keep Ferreira till his contract runs out, since he said he'd do that and then retire, so I would let him finish his career here.

Zhirkov and Mikel must stay tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard those who didn't start against Everton will start tonight... so I would guess the team will be: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, A.Cole, Mikel/Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Torres, Anelka, Drogba/Malouda/Kalou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I've heard those who didn't start against Everton will start tonight... so I would guess the team will be: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, A.Cole, Mikel/Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Torres, Anelka, Drogba/Malouda/Kalou.
    Not sure bout Mikel/Ramires but Drogba is benched and Malouda will start.

As always im going to hope Chelsea score a good couple or more and make it comprehensive with Torres scoring so he can get the taste back!

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea are a bit like Gordon Brown when you think about it.

Spend all the money in the world, get a renowned reputation as a formidable force not to be messed with - get loads of accolades, praise and respect.

Than, after a few years, when they realise their policy of spend spend spend on no foundations is all wrong, the whole system comes crashing down on top of them, and they become a laughing stock.

Good luck on your fight for the Champions League spot this year boys - I'm looking forward to seeing you in the Europa League.

The Chelsea downfall is well and truly underway - and I'm relishing every minute.

ReputationRep:
    Who's preparing the crumble for tonight?

ReputationRep:
    I am not Mikel or Kalou's biggest fan but Mikel can still get better. I only look at Kalou as back up now. Chelsea should start playing 4-4-2 for the sake of Torres. They mas aswell play Boswinga as a right sided midfielder. Could work. I am actually looking forward to Benayoun coming back now.

Copenhagen have done well to get this far but we should really be winning comfortably tonight. 2-0 minimum, even if it is away soil.

Chelsea performances have not been the best recently but I believe we can still win the Champions league this year. I can see us at Wembley lifting the damn thing.

ReputationRep:
    Ramires has played on the right wing for Brazil before if you were going 4-4-2. I still fancy Torres inside left in a 4-3-3 though, with Cole supporting him he'd have license to play infield and width wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Tonight could be quite difficult. Any team playing at home with so much confidence (16 wins and 3 draws from 19 in the league) is dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangha236)
    I am not Mikel or Kalou's biggest fan but Mikel can still get better. I only look at Kalou as back up now. Chelsea should start playing 4-4-2 for the sake of Torres. They mas aswell play Boswinga as a right sided midfielder. Could work. I am actually looking forward to Benayoun coming back now.

Copenhagen have done well to get this far but we should really be winning comfortably tonight. 2-0 minimum, even if it is away soil.

Chelsea performances have not been the best recently but I believe we can still win the Champions league this year. I can see us at Wembley lifting the damn thing.
    I don't think Copenhagen have ever lost in te CL at home. But I could be wrong :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    They haven't -.-,

I'm cutting my class soo close for this game tonight (starts at 11:45pm over here) Come on Chelsea, give us a great victory tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangha236)

I promise Chelsea won't win the champions league this year, or ever for that matter. Unfortunately the champions league cannot be bought, which is the only way Chelsea can win. Torres, what a waste of money, serves them right though - I think it's well funny.

ReputationRep:
    Will Carlo Ancelotti get sacked ?

What's your opinion?

ReputationRep:

GL for tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Ramires has played on the right wing for Brazil before if you were going 4-4-2. I still fancy Torres inside left in a 4-3-3 though, with Cole supporting him he'd have license to play infield and width wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Tonight could be quite difficult. Any team playing at home with so much confidence (16 wins and 3 draws from 19 in the league) is dangerous.
    He was never really a winger for Brazil though as they played an asymmetric shape, and that job fell largely to Maicon/Alves to rule the entire flank. He certainly played as right sided carilleros in a diamond for Benfica but only really moved out to the flank to cover and defend rather than attack which wouldn't really solve the lack of width going forward in a 4-4-2. Bosingwa right mid (is he fit?) and Ivanovic rightback is a bit of a botch job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    He was never really a winger for Brazil though as they played an asymmetric shape, and that job fell largely to Maicon/Alves to rule the entire flank. He certainly played as right sided carilleros in a diamond for Benfica but only really moved out to the flank to cover and defend rather than attack which wouldn't really solve the lack of width going forward in a 4-4-2. Bosingwa right mid (is he fit?) and Ivanovic rightback is a bit of a botch job.
    Could do a similar, drifting inside job in a 4-4-2 I suppose. I think the main reason to go 4-4-2 would be to accommodate Drog and Torres, not necessarily to create width. Other options would be Bosingwa or Kalou :dontknow:

Anyway, I don't think the main problem is the system though.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.