ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Never like to see own goals.

ReputationRep:
    Thank :snow::snow::snow::snow:.

ReputationRep:
    Cech KOs Ballack. Lolz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    When people use the term 'dive', I always assume they mean a player throws himself to the ground when there's no contact.

Drogba goes to ground often, but he goes to ground when there's contact. It is annoying, 'cos he does this with minimal contact, but still.
    I am pretty sure the rules of the game say about simulation that it includes any simulation - i.e it includes exaggerating contact

so Drogba does dive in almost every game (not to say the other players list don't)

ReputationRep:
    No more crumbles please. My heart can't handle it. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No more crumbles please. My heart can't handle it. :/
    You never seem to get wound up. I am sure your heart is fine.

Cech almost crumbled then. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Cech is not filling me with confidence at the moment. My heart can't handle this either - and the Champions League hasn't even got properly started yet (that's when it truly gets nervy for us!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    You never seem to get wound up.
    Yeah, it's rare I get wound up these days. I used to rev it up in real life, as in off the internet, like at work years ago but it doesn't solve problems. Just never seem to have the energy to go schizo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Perhaps the smallest amount of contact - much like how Drogba goes down.

In terms of Van Persie, I've seen him go down quite easily many a times, the problem is pretty much all foreign players do this these days - perhaps even brought in fully to the EPL by a certain French man at Arsenal called Robert...

If you can honestly tell me Eboue does not dive or throw himself around, I'll believe you..maybe he's changed his ways?
    ...yeah because Gerrard, Rooney and Ashley Young NEVER dive. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    ...yeah because Gerrard, Rooney and Ashley Young NEVER dive. :nothing:
    You forgot Gerrard, who does it more than most. He is a fragment of a specimen, at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    I am pretty sure the rules of the game say about simulation that it includes any simulation - i.e it includes exaggerating contact

so Drogba does dive in almost every game (not to say the other players list don't)
    Does it actually say 'exaggerated contact' or is that you interpreting it?

I would've thought the referee could then book a player if they do this repeatedly in a match. i.e. go to ground when there's a bit of contact, make it seem like it hurts a lot, go off the pitch, get treatment and come back on.

ReputationRep:
    You forgot Gerrard, who does it more than most. He is a fragment of a specimen, at best.
    I said Gerrard? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    ...yeah because Gerrard, Rooney and Ashley Young NEVER dive.
    Drogba gets more attention initially because of how much muscle you see on his torso. I've fought against muscular opponents in the past and it doesn't always mean they can absorb physical contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Does it actually say 'exaggerated contact' or is that you interpreting it?

I would've thought the referee could then book a player if they do this repeatedly in a match. i.e. go to ground when there's a bit of contact, make it seem like it hurts a lot, go off the pitch, get treatment and come back on.
    It says something about simulation and by definition anything thats not real is simulation.

I've seen players booked for diving even when they have been touched - so it must count.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.premierleague.com/page/To...,12306,00.html

Cech's the best goalkeeper in the PL. THX.

ReputationRep:
    So a 2-1 result a win finally but that was due to an own goal, not a very convinsing win

ReputationRep:
    not very convincing but at times like these, a win's a win.

i really thought our title hopes were over if we lost this match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    i really thought our title hopes were over if we lost this match.
    Come off it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Reina is currently the best goalkeeper in the league. I do wonder how much Mourinho will have learned from the result...

ReputationRep:
    You give me too much credit. I am not always witty, just a total tosser.

But this tosser loves a good crumble
    Can you imagine if Liverpool failed to qualify for Europe completely for the next season? I think that would constitute a new word - Livercrumble. I doubt it will happen but I'm preparing for a huge crumble whoever it will be.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.