Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Liverpool.

I'm not gonna stop believing until we are mathimatically out.

Chelsea still got City, Spurs and United left.
    United still got Arsenal and Chelsea left.
    Arsenal got Liverpool, Spurs and United.

I really hope Chelsea could go on some 10 game winning streak. Even though City and Spurs are in a similar situation as Chelsea right now, there is no point considering them in the race. I can see Chelsea finish ahead of Arsenal now, that's for sure.

Odds yesterday on William Hill were: United 8/13, Arsenal 13/8 and Chelsea 14/1. Today they are: 8/11, 13/8 and 17/2. I would seriously suggest smack some on Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    I genuienly think we can do it, Liverpool were great today. Obviously assuming we are going to beat man u again at the end of the season all we got to hope for now is for them to slip up once more. (And us to get our G/D up)

ReputationRep:
    we don't need to worry about spurs at all IMO. They've gotta go to stamford bridge, anfield and eastlands as well as play arsenal at home.
    we've got spurs, city and united (away) as our real difficult games.
    City have to go to anfield and stamford bridge, as well as spurs at home.
    I reckon we'll finish at least third

ReputationRep:
    good news that spurs drew. i think 3rd place is a realistic target, but the game against man city will probably decide that.

ReputationRep:
    We can go all the way tbh! If we win our relatively easy games in April - Wigan's, Stokes etc We can.

But 3rd is a proper real target as said. With Spurs drawing, a win tommorw is vital! and if we beat City at home and continue to win/they loose/draw. We can take 3rd. Right lads we're back!

Oh and Torres to score tommorw?

ReputationRep:
    :sogood: 3rd would be amazing tbh considering your history or lack there of. Although you are the best team on paper so should be winning the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    :sogood: 3rd would be amazing tbh considering your history or lack there of. Although you are the best team on paper so should be winning the league.
    Best team on paper, not the best squad though.

If we win our next two games I think we can go for 3rd, but I will be surprised if we pick up more than 2 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Best team on paper, not the best squad though.

If we win our next two games I think we can go for 3rd, but I will be surprised if we pick up more than 2 points.
    So City and Blackpool?

We can beat Blackpool tonight. Especially if they're with DJ Campbell and Charlie Adam?
    Man City ill be worried.

ReputationRep:
    what a team! go on zhirkov!

ReputationRep:
    What a team we're putting out. Probably candidate for our strongest possible XI atm.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god Zhirkov is starting over Malouda.

ReputationRep:
    Torres-Anelka > Drogba-Anelka > Drogba-Torres

I'm not watching the match, but wondering how el ninny is doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm no football expert, but I do begin to wonder why Torres cost so much. I mean a few seasons back when he was in top form that might have been reasonable, but now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    I'm not watching the match, but wondering how el ninny is doing?
    Crap.

ReputationRep:
    Torres can't play with Drogba. The more games he goes without scoring, a little part of me dies.
    Still, solid win. Kalou gave a bit of impetus that had been lacking when he came on, Frank's second goal was great.
    No crazy shenanigans from Luiz tonight, shame, but the defence did alright. Blackpool did what they do, furious attack, Cech with a couple of decent saves.
    If we can beat City and win the game in hand, 3rd place looks good, think everyone would take that.

(Original post by Beneb)
    Crap.
    Thought as much. Torres is only really effective if he's scoring, he offers hardly anything else. His link up play is abysmal and he will sulk for the majority of the game. I think you probably need to sell Drogba in the summer and buy some quality in central midfield, and use Torres as the lone striker next season, with Anelka as backup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Thought as much. Torres is only really effective if he's scoring, he offers hardly anything else. His link up play is abysmal and he will sulk for the majority of the game. I think you probably need to sell Drogba in the summer and buy some quality in central midfield, and use Torres as the lone striker next season, with Anelka as backup.
    I think his link up play has been quite good actually. No way should we sell Drogba, still a big player for us. If any attacker is going in the summer, I wouldn't mind it being Anelka.

ReputationRep:
    I dont rate Torres at all and no surprise to see him struggling at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Thank god Zhirkov is starting over Malouda.
    Finally started last night!!

Right I think this could be our best XI, but with Torres/Anelka.

Maybe Ivanovic at RB to make slightly more defensive when needed?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.