Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    500 minutes and no goal for Torres

ReputationRep:
    I have serious man love for Luiz. Cannot remember the last time I've liked a Chelsea player so much.

ReputationRep:
    I know man. Love this guy. Get in. Reminds me of sideshow bob.

ReputationRep:
    Luiz :coma:

ReputationRep:
    ******** with the laserpen

ReputationRep:
    City must be the most boring away side in the prem, all the ambition and liveliness of a corpse.

ReputationRep:
    QUALITY goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    2 months ago .
    Lol.

Chelsea start scoring as soon as Torres goes off :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    City must be the most boring away side in the prem, all the ambition and liveliness of a corpse.
    So true. Considering the amount of quality attacking players they have I can't see how Mancini has them playing such boring football. Silva might as well come to Liverpool ffs

ReputationRep:
    I like Luiz too... United fan, I'm jealous of the signing... I'd trade him for smalling, even though I think smalling has the potential to be the best CB in england, david luiz attacking style is cool.

I'm starting to think torres is finished.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool fans' obsession with Torres is quite comical really. They always go on about how bitter, twisted and single minded Everton are towards Liverpool, it's exactly the same between Liverpool and Torres :mmm:

Anyway, slowly pulling yourselves back into it and you have a few decent fixtures after Stoke away. Should be too far behind (it's still 6 to us if you win your game in hand) but you never know, you're just a shock weekend away from being right back into it (or even a result at our place). Finishing ahead of Arsenal must be a decent bet unless a keeper/defender or two makes a surprise recovery for them. It's promising for you guys for next season at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    I love David Luiz, think from the reaction we all, what a quality signing. Right, chances on a Champions League this year? I think we can make the finals tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    I love David Luiz, think from the reaction we all, what a quality signing. Right, chances on a Champions League this year? I think we can make the finals tbh.
    YOu'll trash United that's for sure,
    Chelsea vs Inter should be even more interesting than Madrid vs Barcelona since Barcelona just won't lose against madrid.
    Madrid MIGHT win the classico but they won't win the cup or any of the two CL ties against Barca this year.

Anyway my prediction is Inter vs Barcelona final or Chelsea vs Madrid with Inter vs Barcelona looking more likely(I just don't see chelsea with flopress beating red hot inter with eto'o(he's catching up with Ronaldo and Messi in terms of goals).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    YOu'll trash United that's for sure,
    Chelsea vs Inter should be even more interesting than Madrid vs Barcelona since Barcelona just won't lose against madrid.
    Madrid MIGHT win the classico but they won't win the cup or any of the two CL ties against Barca this year.

Anyway my prediction is Inter vs Barcelona final or Chelsea vs Madrid with Inter vs Barcelona looking more likely(I just don't see chelsea with flopress beating red hot inter with eto'o(he's catching up with Ronaldo and Messi in terms of goals).
    Yeah, hoping we trash United.

I think we could beat Inter, with the motivation that its Wembley and the 2nd leg is at home in the Semi's. IF only David Luiz wasn't Cup tied

Torres played much better yesterday tbh, when we played 4-3-3 and I think Kalou is looking a really good partner for Torres oddly lol. What is our best XI with the bench then with our whole squad fit?

[/CENTRE] Cech
    Ivanovic - Luiz - JT - Cole
    Ramires - Essien - Lampard
    Anelka - Drogba - Zhirkov [/CENTRE]

This would be my pick with Torres and Kalou maybe switching with Drogs and Anelka.

ReputationRep:
    i really, really dont like malouda. gradually becoming more and more selfish, shoots from ridiculous angles when the pass/cross is the better option. he's clever enough to know he needs to pass it too. ****. hope he gets sold.

ReputationRep:
    David luiz is a cracking player.

Worth every penny you spent on him. Top class cbs who can score are hard tto come by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    David luiz is a cracking player.

Worth every penny you spent on him. Top class cbs who can score are hard tto come by.
    I'm not saying Toress is bad, he just isn't worth 50 million.
    I mean the scouts that decided he was a good idea must have compiled their report 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    I'm not saying Toress is bad, he just isn't worth 50 million.
    I mean the scouts that decided he was a good idea must have compiled their report 2 years ago.
    Wasn't aimed at you mate, just a general observation.

To be honest, If Darren bent is worth 25m then Torres is easily worth his 50m. Give the lad a proper summer off, which he hasn't had since he arrived in England yet, and build the team around him and you'll see the best of him and 50m will be a bargain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)

To be honest, If Darren bent is worth 25m then Torres is easily worth his 50m. Give the lad a proper summer off, which he hasn't had since he arrived in England yet, and build the team around him and you'll see the best of him and 50m will be a bargain.
    I think most of the people who have brains knew Torres would have to get used to Chelsea + take a proper rest in the summer and would properly score goals next season. Any this season is a bonus. I hear rumours of Sneijder, Aguero and Rodwell, all of which I like, but as much as I love Aguero, Anelka or Drogba would have to go, cause hes another striker, honestly he could be a replacement for Anelka? He does play like a deep lying forward? Drops off more than the central striking role like he does at Atletico?

Oh and how will Alex ever manage to secure a starting XI spot now I dont know :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)

Definitely, long term investment great, but what Chelsea really needed in the feb transfer window was fresh legs that would start scoring straight away.
    I can only dream of what Suarez would be doing in Chelsea right now or someone like Cavani.
    Anyway what's done is done.

They already recouped the money from shirt sales anyway.
    They sold some 60 million worth of shirts in england alone.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.